GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If McCauley uses the same phrasing for the closing arguments as he did this morning they'll be back quick.

Agreed, I just watched what I missed yesterday, if his closing argument hews closely to what McCauley stated I don't see how a 'reasonable' finder of fact could not convict him on all counts.

Good to know. I haven't watched any of Friday, so I appreciate your takes on it. :)

“The NFL does ban marijuana, but they almost don’t. Everyone in the league smokes it all the time. As long as you’re not in the drug program, and as long as you don’t fail an initial test, you can pretty much smoke it as much as you want,” Volin said.

“I did a lot of research yesterday because I thought like you guys. How can Aaron Hernandez smoke that much weed, play in the NFL and never miss a game? For recreational drugs you only get tested once a year between April and August, and realistically most of those tests happen during training camp. Once you pass that test, you’re good for the next eight months.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/...smoker-aaron-hernandez-pass-nfl-drug-testing/

If McCauley uses the same phrasing for the closing arguments as he did this morning they'll be back quick.

Glad you had the same reaction that I did. I was really nervous until I heard McCauley argue against the motion. I don't think I've heard him be so decisive about the facts of the case during the trial.

Bomberg did the opening--not sure if McCauley will do the closing.

I'm trying to figure out why the defense wants a PCP expert to testify if, according to them, there's no proof AH did anything other than help hide evidence after the murder, are they at the same time going to argue that 'the PCP did it'? Shouldn't that sort of thing be done during a penalty phase? I guess the voir dire at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow will help answer some of this but a short voir dire (as defense alluded to) doesn't sound like they plan to elicit much info once he's on the stand.

I'm trying to figure out why the defense wants a PCP expert to testify if, according to them, there's no proof AH did anything other than help hide evidence after the murder, are they at the same time going to argue that 'the PCP did it'? Shouldn't that sort of thing be done during a penalty phase? I guess the voir dire at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow will help answer some of this but a short voir dire (as defense alluded to) doesn't sound like they plan to elicit much info once he's on the stand.
I'm scratching my head too over this and the fact DT isn't putting on more witnesses. Oh well. Next few days will be interesting. I need to remember to begin watching the live stream at 6:45 my time tomorrow.

I'm scratching my head too over this and the fact DT isn't putting on more witnesses. Oh well. Next few days will be interesting. I need to remember to begin watching the live stream at 6:45 my time tomorrow.

I really thought the defense would put on more of a case than a day or so as well. I have to make sure I'm up early too, I do want to see the preview of his testimony and what the defense wants to get out of him. Oh, during the hearing yesterday, did they go over the instruction about the jury not holding it against the defendant if he doesn't testify? If they did I missed it but with such a short defense case it seems clear he won't be testifying.

I don't think they dare put Aaron on the stand. I wish they would. But they cannot open him up to cross. I wish I could see that though.

State: So where did you all go after YOU picked Odin up at 3 am?

I don't think they dare put Aaron on the stand. I wish they would. But they cannot open him up to cross. I wish I could see that though.

State: So where did you all go after YOU picked Odin up at 3 am?

"Sir, you see, what had happened was......"

Yes, the defense has no answer for that question, believable or otherwise. But I still wouldn't mind seeing AH wriggle and squiggle once it was put to him. lol

Yes, the defense has no answer for that question, believable or otherwise. But I still wouldn't mind seeing AH wriggle and squiggle once it was put to him. lol

The only conceivable answer that I can com e up with is something like ---" We were out for drive and suddenly my stupid friends shot Odin...I was shocked, had no idea it was going down like that...."

I wonder if he is going to try and throw his co-defendants under the bus?

I wonder how many jurors "learned" AH will be on trial again next month for murder and that he shot in the face a witnesses who testified in this trial.

I wonder how many jurors "learned" AH will be on trial again next month for murder and that he shot in the face a witnesses who testified in this trial.

I would imagine some do know some of that info, esp. his next trial since he was charged well before jury selection began. I guess some could think it's all a big vendetta against him and that it was always the thugs he hung with doing the dirty deeds, I do hope we're not stuck with one or more like that on the jury.

I'm awake in plenty of time for the voir dire but will have to scoot out to run a quick errand sometime this morning, hope I don't miss anything earth-shattering.

I would imagine some do know some of that info, esp. his next trial since he was charged well before jury selection began. I guess some could think it's all a big vendetta against him and that it was always the thugs he hung with doing the dirty deeds, I do hope we're not stuck with one or more like that on the jury.

I'm awake in plenty of time for the voir dire but will have to scoot out to run a quick errand sometime this morning, hope I don't miss anything earth-shattering.

If you have a smart phone, you can probably stream it:)

Good Morning WS Friends, Should trial be starting about now?

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 5m5 minutes ago
Hello from Bristol Co. Superior Court! Defense to present its case beginning today #HernandezTrial @wpri12

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 4m4 minutes ago
Dr. David Greenblatt called in for voir dire - Rankin is having him explain the effects of the drug PCP #HernadnezTrial @wpri12

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 4m4 minutes ago
Greenblatt: PCP as a prescribed drug became illegal in 1965 #HernandezTrial @wpri12

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 2m2 minutes ago
Dr. Greenblatt: In 1950s studies, side effects of PCP drug looked like psychosis or schizophrenia #HernandezTrial @wpri12

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 48s48 seconds ago
Dr. Greenblatt says PCP can cause "trance-like state" & hallucinations #HernandezTrial @wpri12
---

My feed keeps going out. :(

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 24s24 seconds ago
Greenblatt: effects of PCP can be sustained 1 to 2 days after exposure, psychosis can persist months #HernandezTrial @wpri12

Defense done, prosecution up...

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 54s55 seconds ago
Greenblatt: I think it [PCP] can cause violent behavior... It can be unpredictable. #HernandezTrial @wpri12

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 27s28 seconds ago
Greenblatt admits he has not written any articles on PCP #HernandezTrial @wpri12

-----

Why is CourtChatter's page showing only part of the video box? Not a good beginning to a Monday.

Loving this voir dire cross of PCP expert.

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 45s46 seconds ago
Bomberg: The presence of PCP is not necessary for an incident of violence, is that correct?

Greenblatt: That's true.

#HernandezTrial

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 1m1 minute ago
Bomberg: Are other drugs associated with incidents of violence?
Greenblatt: Yes.
Bomberg: Alcohol?
Greenblatt: Sometimes.
#HernandezTrial

Susan Campbell ‏@S_E_Campbell · 50s50 seconds ago
This is all happening out of the jury's presence - After voir dire, judge will rule whether Greenblatt can testify #HernandezTrial @wpri12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member