MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it has been a long time since I have seen a case with this much reasonable doubt...I am watching from the perspective of knowing that AH shot and killed Lloyd and really not liking AH at all...in other words I am extremely biased in favor of the state but honestly right now as a juror the state has not proven their case to me. The testimony of the lawn boss about the blood splatter ...loud sound of shots...the different color of SUV noted by the guy that found him...and AB's repeated mentions of getting REVENGE really leaves me wondering about AB. He was smooth on the stand as probably is his drug dealings and he really feels empowered that he has the ability to nail AH.

For anyone looking for the trial today they are all passing around a virus and not having court today...given the sounds from that courtroom probably a smart move by the judge...next victims will be the jury and they would fall like dominoes if it gets over to them.

and had things gone differently and AB got his "settlement" from AH on the side (ie settle it how he wanted to) AB would have been happy to let any of the other dark skinned guys in the car take the blame for the shooting. I hold AB in no higher regard than I do AH...for me they are really very similar.

another thought on AB...if he had been honest and told the investigating officers right off maybe AH could not have killed Lloyd??? So in a way AB and his games cost another life? I am disgusted that the state wanted AH so bad that they gave immunity to this ****.

and this AB will be out from prison and continue on his drug dealings with the distinct prospect that this jury will be hung or ng on ah

On AB's shooting ... if AH did not do it, why does it seem like he disappeared as soon as AB was shot.

AH never went to the hospital looking for his "so called" Best Friend.

That is what confuses me. We know that AH and AB went together to FL and from AB we know that AH shot him but then where did AH go?

If AH had not been the shooter he would have been at his Best Friend's hospital bedside for those 4 days.

If just very suspicious to me that AH had nothing to do with AB after he was shot.

Your thoughts, Sleuthers?

Thanks...I am only living back there in the summers now...I just get super distracted with tablets streaming (I can't just have on audio lol) and trying to do my regular work...thank goodness I do this from home haha!

I am a huge Pats fan as well (well baseball and hockey too)...and although I live out of state, I actually follow the Boston news more closely then the news where I live...I guess it comes down to what you are used to

HI Crazy, I lived in Boston my whole life until just a few years ago. I go to Beantown often to see my family. AND like you,
I still follow all Boston news and Sports. Pats and Sox. :D
Yes and since this trial, I can't get a thing done ... I am glued to that BOSTON HERALD online streaming trial. lol :D

:tyou: HI NINER, THANK YOU x10000 for all those TWEETS from the COURTROOM!!! :tyou:

On AB's shooting ... if AH did not do it, why does it seem like he disappeared as soon as AB was shot.

That is what confuses me. We know that AH and AB went together to FL and from AB we know that AH shot him but then where did AH go?

If AH had not been the shooter he would have been at his Best Friend's hospital bedside for those 4 days.

If just very suspicious to me that AH had nothing to do with AB after he was shot.

it is suspicious ...any one considered that AH may have hired someone else to do the job? I mean actually pull the trigger...? I think he definitely was behind this wanting to get rid of AB as having been the witness for the double homicide or maybe even being the trigger person...and he just continued on with his plans to go to PHX. As previously mentioned for me way too much doubt...looking forward to the defense case. I thought AB might be the last for the state...someone mentioned seeing AH brother in the courthouse in a suit...would the state call him? And what for.

it has been a long time since I have seen a case with this much reasonable doubt...I am watching from the perspective of knowing that AH shot and killed Lloyd and really not liking AH at all...in other words I am extremely biased in favor of the state but honestly right now as a juror the state has not proven their case to me. The testimony of the lawn boss about the blood splatter ...loud sound of shots...the different color of SUV noted by the guy that found him...and AB's repeated mentions of getting REVENGE really leaves me wondering about AB. He was smooth on the stand as probably is his drug dealings and he really feels empowered that he has the ability to nail AH.

I hear ya and I hope the jury can think things through once all the testimony comes out. I am sure the defense will put on a blistering case and raise a lot of doubts. But I think there is an explanation for much of the defense's questions.

The blood splatter could have happened as a wounded AB was thrown from the car. A shot through the face is going to bleed profusely.

I think the shot would have been loud, even if AB was sitting in the car. My friend heard her roommate shoot himself from inside a car parked outside, and she said the shot was very loud, and it woke her up.

The color of the SUV is an issue. But there are other possible explanations. Who knows if it was even the shooters SUV? Maybe someone else heard shots and drove away fast too?

AB's repeated mentions of REVENGE are what keep me believing his story. If he had been the shooter, and if someone else shot him in the face, why would he be so obsessed with REVENGE on AH?

Birds of a feather do flock together. AB is not a choir boy. But I do believe his story about AH. The defenses story does not add up to me at all.

This case must have been very difficult to bring to trial. The prosecution's star witness is a convicted criminal, admitted drug dealer who wanted to 'take care of AH himself' after he shot him and left him for dead. The defense has a client who was introduced to a potential jury pool as 'it's my 'honor' to introduce AH', appearing to be wrapped up in the celebrity and notoriety of someone who has been already convicted of one murder and now on trial for a double homicide. It almost sounds like a movie, but unfortunately it isn't, as there a two families waiting for justice in their loved ones death for nearly five years.

Then there is the trial as it is proceeding. In order to keep this trial date, the judge made a ruling that the CW would have to give a 48 hour notice to the sequence of witnesses, making the case not flow in a continual pattern as it usually would and making it harder to follow. They still have about a week for the remainder of their case, but they will have to address certain things like that gun...they found and tested a gun found in the trunk of a car, but had no fingerprints/DNA, but then AB says AH threw it out the window on the Mass pike after the murders on the way to BW's house. There was also mention of AH's brother 'may' be testifying...what could he bring to the prosecution's case?

The defense will start their case in about a week. It has been alluded that they will show that AB was the one who murdered these two Cape Verdean people who were part of a Cape Verdean gang, who then shot Bradley for killing their friends, as well as the corrupt Boston police who decided to frame AH. I think I have missed something else.

The defense wasn't allowed to show that Vevo tape of the shooting Bradley was involved in, nor was the prosecution allowed to bring in AH's murder conviction of Odin Lloyd. It's a shame that juries never get all the information.

Is there some doubt, probably. Is there enough to sway 12 jurors 'beyond a reasonable doubt'... I don't know. This trial is still far from over. It is up to these 12 jurors to decide the credibility of the witnesses along with their demeanor, as well as the demeanor of the defendant and all counsel on both sides.

Yes.

IIRC AH was headed to Phoenix, but don't know exactly when that was. What I do find interesting is that AB said he called AH from the hospital and said AH had hung up on him, called him back. BW called AH and asked him where AB was, they also texted & he 'never' said anything about AB being shot & in the hospital. It wasn't until she found out from AB's cousin Robert Lindsay that she flew out to FL and AB told her that AH had shot him.

Yes.

IIRC AH was headed to Phoenix, but don't know exactly when that was. What I do find interesting is that AB said he called AH from the hospital and said AH had hung up on him, called him back. BW called AH and asked him where AB was, they also texted & he 'never' said anything about AB being shot & in the hospital. It wasn't until she found out from AB's cousin Robert Lindsay that she flew out to FL and AB told her that AH had shot him.

Also, there were the calls to BW from AH, right before AH left Florida. He asked her if she had heard from AB and told her he had ABs airline tickets and he wondered where he was.

It sounds to me like he was setting up his alibi---saying he had no idea where AB might be--just wanting to get him his return flight tix...

But how does that make any sense if they had all been to the strip club together that night. I never heard Baez denying that AH and AB had been together in the range rover and in that club the night AB was shot.

So it will be interesting to hear what they say in their defense version of events. Where do they say that AB parted ways with AH that night? Will they bring in the other friends that were in the Rover with them that night to testify? Since the State is not bringing them in, I assume, then will the defense have them as witnesses to say that AB just disappeared from the strip club and no one knew where he went?

Also, there were the calls to BW from AH, right before AH left Florida. He asked her if she had heard from AB and told her he had ABs airline tickets and he wondered where he was.

It sounds to me like he was setting up his alibi---saying he had no idea where AB might be--just wanting to get him his return flight tix...

But how does that make any sense if they had all been to the strip club together that night. I never heard Baez denying that AH and AB had been together in the range rover and in that club the night AB was shot.

So it will be interesting to hear what they say in their defense version of events. Where do they say that AB parted ways with AH that night? Will they bring in the other friends that were in the Rover with them that night to testify? Since the State is not bringing them in, I assume, then will the defense have them as witnesses to say that AB just disappeared from the strip club and no one knew where he went?

It did sound like AH was setting up an alibi to me too. Without putting AH on the stand (which they won't) I would think that they would have to have some other witnesses.

Do you have any clue who else the prosecution will be calling?

With all of AB's baggage, I did find him to stand up to questioning and found him fairly believable but with a few holes. I'll be curious to hear what the jury thought.

I found the potential witness list from 2/17/17...so who is next?.

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws...tcommonwealth-of-massachusetts-1487784826.pdf

Thanks so much for that list...I note AB is on for the defense too...some commentators have indicated that Baez really landed a blow at the end with the email or text that has AB saying clearly he does not know who shot him and then wanting to be sure about the possibility of perjury etc. Under what grounds can they bring him back again...can they go over this same stuff?

Thanks so much for that list...I note AB is on for the defense too...some commentators have indicated that Baez really landed a blow at the end with the email or text that has AB saying clearly he does not know who shot him and then wanting to be sure about the possibility of perjury etc. Under what grounds can they bring him back again...can they go over this same stuff?

I saw all those articles about the email/perjury thing too. I actually thought it was a bit overdone... the news needs things to talk about. IDK, but I would assume that the defense can call him back...not sure. They were only allowed to cross him on stuff that was brought up in direct, although Baez did sneak in things that were objected to, but you can't unring that bell. He knew what he was doing. I find him a bit slimy.

Baez makes most of his points thru just blurting out things that will be objected to but as you say...jury hears this. I can't help but wonder if there is something that Baez can go for on the perjury and then can he ask for a mistrial? As they were indicating the schedule today I had to wonder if it would really go that fast...???

Laurel J. Sweet‏ @Laurel_Sweet
TV star and coroner to the stars Michael Baden,husband of #AaronHernandez attorney Linda Kenney Baden, has joined the courtroom today.

Laurel J. Sweet‏ @Laurel_Sweet
Day 17 of the#AaronHernandez double-murder trial in Boston could feature testimony by his big brother D.J.

Oops - I'll let you do the tweets BUF!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members