MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why LE believed that Traceys disappearance wasn’t foul play.

From the news articles from the time of Coen's disappearance, LE was saying early on that they were not expecting to find her alive. One would think maybe a suicide note. I found one local source covering Abbie Flynn's disappearance that stated Tracey Coen's disappearance was determined to be suicide. If you Google "Good Morning Gloucester" you will find it.

Hi I am a new member to websleuths because of this Abbie Flynn disappearance. Such a crazy mystery and want to help her family find her any way that I can.

I know this could all just be a terrible accident, but does anyone else find it a little curious that this is the 3rd 50 something year old woman to go missing under interesting circumstances in the cape Ann area since 2015?

Susan Nilsson 56 yrs old missing. Dec. 2015 in Rocky Neck area of Gloucester, MA

Theresa Coen 52 yrs old missing March 2018 in Rockport MA

Abbie Flynn 59 yrs old missing February 2020 in Farrington Avenue Area Gloucester MA

On the face of it, yes, it's "interesting," but...Susan Nilsson was found deceased in the water a few days after her disappearance so she's no longer "missing." LE did not find evidence of foul play in her death. And it seems like Rockport Police view Coen's disappearance as a case of self harm though her body has never been found, so they must have some other strong evidence that leads them to conclude that.

On the face of it, yes, it's "interesting," but...Susan Nilsson was found deceased in the water a few days after her disappearance so she's no longer "missing." LE did not find evidence of foul play in her death. And it seems like Rockport Police view Coen's disappearance as a case of self harm though her body has never been found, so they must have some other strong evidence that leads them to conclude that.
Just seems so strange...I know they think Coens’s was maybe a suicide and also that Susan Nilsson was found deceased, however Susan Nilsson had apparently taken a taxi to go meet a man on his boat according to one articles I read...I will try and find it and post it.
I know most likely they are all just terrible accidents and I am just reading into it too much, just seems strange they are all almost the exact same ages as each other.

FEB 5, 2020
Police suspend 'physical search' for missing Gloucester woman | Boston.com
[...]

Gloucester Police Chief Ed Conley said despite the end of the larger physical search, the investigation into the disappearance of Abbie Flynn, who was reported missing Sunday evening, is continuing.

“Officers remain vigilant around trails, coastline and harbor … There is no indication of a crime or that the public is any in danger,” Conley said.

[...]

Police using dogs in search today or Abbie Flynn
Police are out again today searching for a missing Gloucester woman.

Chief Edward Conley III said on Twitter shortly around 11:15 a.m. that Gloucester officers and members of the North Eastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council are using police dogs in the renewed search.

[...]

Police are "retracing previous search areas. This is not based on any new information," Conley said.

[...]

From reading the articles about Abbie there's something not clear to me....early ones say her son was her last contact (which could have even been a text or phone call), then another article says her son was the last to see her as she was leaving, which makes it sound like he was present at the house. But an article today stated her grown children were all away at colleges. So I'm just curious if we will get any more info on who was at the house with her before the walk, if anyone.

No indication if the conversation between Abbie and her son was face to face or on the phone and if so who initiated it. If Abbie called her son was this a self harm situation and was this a clue as to where she might be found.

Photos:

img_5400.jpg
img_5399.jpg

Adding High Popples Road to the map: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
Natalie Rubino on Twitter
Several police departments back in Gloucester searching for missing woman Abbie Flynn. Her family says she went for a walk at 4pm on Super Bowl Sunday and never returned @boston25
EQCP3QRWoAE4nDq.jpg
EQCP3QLX4AIs94h.jpg
EQCP3TbUwAASJlT.jpg

2:21 PM - 5 Feb 2020

Joey Ciaramitaro on Twitter
Tons Of Law Enforcement Officers At Construction Site On High Popples Rd Possibly Related To Missing Gloucester Resident Abbie Flynn http://goodmorninggloucester.org/2020/02/05/tons-of-law-enforcement-officers-at-construction-site-on-high-popples-rd-possibly-related-to-missing-gloucester-resident-abbie-flynn/ …
EQConefXUAE5zj-.jpg

4:09 PM - 5 Feb 2020

they deleted that article, so hopefully it wasn't related to Abbie's disappearance!

Thank goodness!!! The mayor just said that is where the NEMLEC is parked and it is across the street from a trail...nothing to do with construction site. So hopefully that is just where they have headquartered their search parties from all day.

Thank goodness!!! The mayor just said that is where the NEMLEC is parked and it is across the street from a trail...nothing to do with construction site. So hopefully that is just where they have headquartered their search parties from all day.
Welcome Beachinallday, sorry it is under these circumstances.

Id also like to know if she actually left the house. How close was she to her son? Has he shed light on any relationships she could’ve been in? Perhaps I’ve missed this info. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back