GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has there been any suggestion that she might have dissociative identity disorder? It was mentioned a few times that she had blackouts and memory loss?

I don't think that anyone is trying to defend Abi, but rather understand her which would further lead to an understanding of what happened. We all want to know why this happened. Well, you have to understand what's going on with Abi to answer the "why" question because she's at the center of everything.

It is horrible what has transpired and Abi will have to answer for her actions.

The reality is folks, there's something wrong with Abi and we can fling out all the diagnoses we choose but until a Health Care Professional tells us what is going on, we are all purely guessing.

If it turns out that this is all just an act then she'll pay the consequences of her actions, which were evil and demented. If she is mentally ill, we are going to know that too, and whether we like it or not, the punishment may not fit the crime.

Thankfully, Lyndon is home and safe with her family. Hopefully, she is so young that she will not remember what happened or have scars as a reminder.

IMO I prefer to wait for the facts rather than guessing, assuming and presuming.

So much jumping to conclusions in this thread.

MOO, of course.

Dissociative identity disorder is quite rare. However, here is a noteworthy article regarding blackouts and memory loss and Bipolar Disorder.

http://bipolar.newlifeoutlook.com/bipolar-blackouts/
Blackouts and memory loss are often associated with secondary gain as well.

Not saying she's a poster child for mental well-being. I'd want a lot of history that isn't just self reported before I'd even consider a NGRI.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

If she had been suicidal before, I would assume her parents would be well versed in the process of getting their daughter help... or maybe, like so many others... they simply didn't seek the help she needed at the time because of their own personal egos? So, they let her issues fester until she finally lashes out and hurts innocent people.

We could also ask whether or not these were actual suicide attempts or threatening suicide. One can argue that there are some people who like to manipulate others feelings by threatening suicide. For all we know, she could have been hell on wheels and herself and her family were just really good at covering for her.

Lastly, even if they were not Lyndon's clothes, it was something she consciously attempted to hide knowing it would be problematic for her. She knew exactly what she was doing and I agree with someone else who said that she's simply showing the signs of someone who not only got caught, but is in serious trouble. I am sure she is very distressed about THAT.

I don't even know where to begin to dissect this properly. So, I will simply state that it is near to impossible to involuntarily commit an adult or force an adult into psychological treatment. Abi is an adult. Parents are not responsible for the actions of their adult children. If they were, every parent of a serial killer would be behind bars. MOO.

Not a whole lot of new information in this article, but I hadn't heard this before:
"During the investigation, investigators also spoke to a tenant living with the Hanna family who told them that Hanna allegedly had a history of stealing things and that she would leave every night around 1:30 a.m. and return 4:30 a.m. She also said that Hanna allegedly had a miscarriage about one month earlier."
http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20969267,00.html?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

BBM

Blackouts are not usually associated with bipolar disorder. They are associated with drinking, though, and bipolar disorder can be co-morbidity with alcoholism.

Blackouts and memory loss are often associated with secondary gain as well.

Not saying she's a poster child for mental well-being. I'd want a lot of history that isn't just self reported before I'd even consider a NGRI.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I don't understand your second paragraph and who you're referring to when you say "I'd".

According to the warrant, the Albers family realized that their 2-year-old girl, Lyndon Albers, was missing around 6:30 a.m. and found the rear door to their house “partially opened.”

While speaking to authorities, the parents mentioned that a former baby sitter, Abigail Hanna, had been terminated, the search warrant said...

The baby, positively identified as Lyndon Albers, “had her head shaven and had sustained burns from what appeared to be a cigarette,” the search warrant says. “The child also appeared to have sustained road rash.”
http://kfor.com/2015/11/24/suspect-in-toddler-kidnapping-case-was-erratic-officers-say/

Hanna’s hearing on Monday was delayed for about an hour until she was evaluated that morning by Tammy Howe, a court psychologist, who also said she spoke with Hanna’s parents and with another clinician who also observed Hanna.

“Most of the interview was (conducted) with her sitting on the floor,” said Howe. She said Hanna mostly spoke by shaking her head to the questions she was asked. It appeared to Howe that Hanna did not understand what was going on.

“She was unable to present a factual understanding of the charges and even where she was,” Howe said. At one point, Howe said Hanna had suffered auditory hallucinations instructing her not to speak with her questioner.

She was also having “suicidal ideations” or thoughts, Howe said, adding that Hanna was also apparently suffering from visual hallucinations.
http://m.salemnews.com/news/local_n...578-d2aa-522d-94f3-59a7cd6dd8dd.html?mode=jqm

I don't understand your second paragraph and who you're referring to when you say "I'd".
I assumed Night-Owl meant he/she (as a potential juror? Attorney?) would want more medical records before accepting a not guilty by reason of insanity (NGRI) plea. But I'm not sure, since at this point they are still just trying to determine AH's competency to participate in her own trial.

http://kfor.com/2015/11/24/suspect-in-toddler-kidnapping-case-was-erratic-officers-say/

How could she drive and not have an accident being in such an erratic state?
We are all here expressing our views and opinions. Mine is that Abigail is faking her mental state because she was caught. She lied all she could and was able to try to hide her crime. So, until we are provided with more information, I still think this woman is nothing but trying to avoid the consequences of what she did. Manipulative comes to mind.

You can read the full search warrant here:
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30...napping-hamilton-toddler-is-held-without-bail

Lots of information. The police talked to Hanna on her cellphone before they met her, and she lied and said she was babysitting, but would not tell them where. She hung up on them and then would not answer when they repeatedly tried to phone her. And it sounds like she may have had the child with her when she was talking to the police on the phone, and quickly dumped her by the road before going to meet with the police?? MOO

How could she drive and not have an accident being in such an erratic state?
We are all here expressing our views and opinions. Mine is that Abigail is faking her mental state because she was caught. She lied all she could and was able to try to hide her crime. So, until we are provided with more information, I still think this woman is nothing but trying to avoid the consequences of what she did. Manipulative comes to mind.

The court psychologist DID provide more information . . . . So at this juncture I have to believe she knows what she's talking about . . . . Why shouldn't I?

The court psychologist DID provide more information . . . . So at this juncture I have to believe she knows what she's talking about . . . . Why shouldn't I?

A forensic psychologist with over 20 years of experience independently assessing people to determine competency for trial...

The psychologist only saw Abi for an hour, and for most of that time Abi refused to speak. You can't determine if someone is genuinely psychotic or just malingering in so short a time.

From the search warrant affidavit, prior to her arrest Abi was thinking clearly enough to tell some impressive lies to the police in an attempt to get out of trouble. And when she was caught lying, she had some clever, plausible excuses to explain why she lied. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet
Back