GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her father is listed as an elementary school teacher, they lived in a $1,000,000+ home and she had a 18k a year prep school education? How in the world do those numbers make sense?

Maybe dad is an administrator or principal, maybe mom works, maybe one or both parents have a trust fund.
An inheritance maybe or mom must make the larger income?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wonder why she had dirt on her hands and face, and a twig in her hair. Did she intentionally cover the baby with leaves? Or was it somewhere outdoors that she was shaving the baby's head and burning her with cigarettes?

If it's true that she had a miscarriage, maybe she was jealous and resentful of Lyndon's parents for having a beautiful, healthy child and she wanted to hurt them by hurting their baby.
Wonder if any hair or the hair clippers (if that is what was used) were found.

It's not her mugshot. They specifically state that the photo in question is from her Facebook page. Listen to the video. They used that photo to contrast how she appeared in court. It's clearly illicting the expected response. MOO.
I feel better knowing that. That photo bothered me!

I hate to even think this, but given the way they describe the size of the bruise on her head, I'm wondering if the intent for harm hadn't been even worse. If the case, maybe she thought she'd succeeded and that's where the dirt and covering with leaves comes in.

She looks crazy in the mugshot. Look at her eyes and wide smile. Disturbing. Completely inappropriate affect for the circumstance.

Glad to hear that picture was not the mugshot after all. This case is very creepy. While Abigail Hanna may have been mentally unstable or psychotic, there is an inherent sadism to what she did to the baby (i.e. the planned and stealth kidnapping, shaving the baby's head, the huge contusion on the baby's head, the cigarette burns (can you imagine how loudly this child was crying and screaming during this ordeal?) and then stripping her of her clothing and leaving her in a pile of leaves next to a road on a very cold night for someone to find her or not?! The baby was likely to die or as another poster suggested, was left for dead. As a psychotherapist who has worked with seriously mentally ill patients for many years, some with NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity) status, this crime has a flavor of stalking, revenge, cruelty, lack of empathy, sadism and subterfuge (the constant lies in Hanna's story). It is quite possible that she is depressed and psychotic AND a sociopath. Notice how she portrays herself on FB, complete with lies about her education and statement that she is a counselor. Sociopaths are known for creating appealing personas as a mask for their true selves. Interesting too, that she was lucid enought to commit this crime, but suddenly while in police custody she has become mute and fragile. I have a feeling that she may have done frightening or harmful things to others before this. And, for what it's worth, I also read somewhere that she had a weapon when she broke into the home, that Hanna was at a hospital herself at 9am the same morning Lyndon was found, which is why police may have been called in, and that police saw blood on Hanna's clothing. I'm not sure what is true at this point. My thoughts and prayers are with little Lyndon and her family, that they all are able to heal from this horrific ordeal and find a sense of peace and safety again.

A doctor has said that Abi is mentally ill and psychotic, so I don't want to say she's not as I know very little about her. But I do think that this was unusual behaviour from someone who is mentally ill... People who are mentally ill usually don't harm others, and in the rare cases when they do it's usually someone very close to them, eg the family that they live with. Or whoever happens to be there at the time, eg the greyhound bus guy. Going and seeking out a victim is very, very unusual IMO.

Which isn't to say that it never happens. I just don't want people thinking this kind of behaviour is typical of people with psychosis. There's enough stigma as it is. I also thought the crime sounded somewhat sadistic, and mental illnesses such as schizophrenia don't make people sadistic. When they do cause violence, it's usually because the person thinks they are protecting themselves, or because they think God told them to do it or something like that. So when I heard about this case, my first thought was that it was "Bunny Boiler" type behaviour, not mental illness, especially since it was reported that she'd recently been fired (which seems to have been untrue).

I'm sure sure what Abi's behaviour in court indicates, because she may already have been medicated. Antipsychotic drugs could certainly cause her to appear "out of it".

ETA it's also possible that Abi does have a mental illness, but wasn't psychotic at the time of the crime. But became psychotic due to the stress of being arrested. Bit like Luka Magnotta, who IMO does suffer from schizophrenia but wasn't psychotic at the time of his crimes.

It's also possible she has bipolar disorder, and a manic episode caused anger, impulsiveness and lowered inhibitions, but she was still aware that what she was doing was wrong. I can't think of any cases where psychosis caused someone to abduct and torture a child, but I will have to look it up. Or maybe Abi had a delusion that the baby was possessed or something like that? If so maybe she knew what she was doing and did it intentionally, but didn't know it was wrong.

All just MOO :)

I don't know anything about specific mental illnesses. Is this possibly a case of multiple personalities? Would one personality truly not know what another one did? Could this account for all the lies?

I can't help but wonder, that if the perp of this awful crime was a male, that there would be as much understanding? Not suggesting that mental illness is not a concern, but I have not seen empathy or sympathy directed at another perp like I have toward Abi. What is the difference between mentally incompetent and evil? How can someone be capable enough to try cover their tracks but not capable at the time of the crime? Not trying to say Abi is not incapacitated in some way, but where do we draw the line?? We don't show any sadness for serial killers, who most, for sure are mentally ill in some way! What is the difference in cases like this do you think?

MOO!!

Abi may have had a delusion that Lyndon was HER child and she had to rescue her and disguise her so people wouldn't find her and steal her again. Of course, I don't know about those cigarette burns, if they did happen (apparently that has been questioned previously on this thread).

Abi may have had a delusion that Lyndon was HER child and she had to rescue her and disguise her so people wouldn't find her and steal her again. Of course, I don't know about those cigarette burns, if they did happen (apparently that has been questioned previously on this thread).

But it"s been confirmed in the latest news reports. That was what the assault with a weapon was.

But it"s been confirmed in the latest news reports. That was what the assault with a weapon was.

Although I haven't questioned it, I think it was questioned here even after the charges were published. I'm sure we'll learn more in time.

IMO, Abigail's behavior appeared quite disorganized, as I've posted previously. We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.

I am so happy that Lyndon is at home and in the loving arms of her parents. What a horrific ordeal for this baby.

With that said,

I will not be jumping on the "mental illness" bandwagon just because she doesn't fit the "look."

She's obviously good at fooling strangers, but I would like to know just how good she was at fooling those who knew her? Or did they just enable her behaviors?

Having a license suspended may not sound like a big deal to a lot of people, but I have to ask what exactly happened for her license to be suspended in the first place? There had to have been some infraction for it to be suspended (juvenile record?).

I also wouldn't even give a second glance at a College Student being arrested for underage drinking, but looking at what she has done... I have to ask... what else has she dabbled in?

Add on to the fact that she dropped out of school, didn't have a job (Lyndon's parents said she wasn't available enough to be a full time babysitter THANK GOD), and was lying about things in her life so visibly.

Quite frankly, just what little I do know about this girl... she reminds me of Casey Anthony personality wise. All the people who came into contact with Casey thought she was a sweet girl too.

Burning a baby with cigarette's , knowing how awful the screams had to have been, and she did it repeatedly... she enjoyed the pain she was inflicting on Lyndon. She had a deep dislike for this child (or her parents) and her other acts against this child shows, to me, that this was deeply personal. She felt slighted (imaginary or not) by something.

Sociopath would be my guess.

MOO

Maybe posters who have been around WS much longer than I have can answer this question. I have noticed this thread says "Found Alive" and most all of the others say "Found Safe". What's the difference? TIA

At the time the title was changed very few details were released. We knew she was alive, and taken to hospital, but not her condition. So the found alive was a conservative tag based on information at the time. She was not found safe per se because she had injuries and had been left in an unsafe situation. Safe is usually used to described someone found unharmed.

At the time the title was changed very few details were released. We knew she was alive, and taken to hospital, but not her condition. So the found alive was a conservative tag based on information at the time. She was not found safe per se because she had injuries and had been left in an unsafe situation. Safe is usually used to described someone found unharmed.

Thanks, ticya.

I think one thing that has piqued my interest is when the mother and the fiance were taking her to see an attorney...

Of course my first question would be... how much did the mother and fiance know about the contents of what were in those bags she was attempting to take with her to an attorney's office? Second question would be, if she was that troubled and there was such great concern for her mental health, why would an attorney be the first place they wanted to take her? Why not a hospital?

She supposedly lied about a fight she had at home the night of her crimes against Lyndon and thought she was being kicked out of the home. Her parents dispute this (sound familar).

She lied and said she was babysitting that night. Even gave varying communities (sound familiar). She lied about knowing the Albers. She also told someone she had a recent miscarriage (sound familiar?), which I can only assume was another lie.

Mental illness? I think not. Cold and calculated. Just not as good as the original.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back