GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think she was sexually molested but this woman has serious issues.
To beat the child and burn her shave her head.....
Sick, at least she left the child alive and it seems she wanted her found otherwise she would not leave her on the side of a road.

It's not clear that she wanted her found alive. She tortured the child and left her half buried in leaves and dirt when LE began calling her repeatedly on her cell phone. She knew they suspected her of kidnapping Lyndon and that they were very close by, looking for her car. She got out of her car, stripped the clothing off Lyndon, and buried her in dirt and leaves just about 3 miles from her parent's home, as LE was calling her cell phone again and again. As soon as she headed for her parents' home, LE arrived.

Hanna tortured and injured Lyndon extensively in the short period of time after kidnapping her. IMO, it's very likely she would have inflicted more torture and injury on her, possibly killed her, if she hadn't been caught so quickly.

It also seems very unlikely she wanted Lyndon found, as she was partially buried on the side of the road. Hanna had dirt under her fingernails from digging a hole in the ground.

It's not clear that she wanted her found alive. She tortured the child and left her half buried in leaves and dirt when LE began calling her repeatedly on her cell phone. She knew they suspected her of kidnapping Lyndon and that they were very close by, looking for her car. She got out of her car, stripped the clothing off Lyndon, and buried her in dirt and leaves just about 3 miles from her parent's home, as LE was calling her cell phone again and again. As soon as she headed for her parents' home, LE arrived.

Hanna tortured and injured Lyndon extensively in the short period of time after kidnapping her. IMO, it's very likely she would have inflicted more torture and injury on her, possibly killed her, if she hadn't been caught so quickly.

It also seems very unlikely she wanted Lyndon found, as she was partially buried on the side of the road. Hanna had dirt under her fingernails from digging a hole in the ground.

She could have killed the baby and left her in the woods never to be found like Lonzie Barton not along the side of the road! she was obviously visible.

Why kidnap a baby and torture her?
Because she was fired?

She could have killed the baby and left her in the woods never to be found like Lonzie Barton not along the side of the road! she was obviously visible.

Why kidnap a baby and torture her?
Because she was fired?

Not trying to be argumentative, but it helps to read the SW and statements from LE.

She didn't expect to be identified so quickly. When they contacted her via cell phone, she was still in the area. Their pursuit grew increasingly aggressive as the minutes ticked by. She knew she was trapped and had to quickly dispose of Lyndon. Some have speculated that, because of the large contusion on the baby's head, she may have knocked her unconscious and assumed she was dead.

IMO, Hanna didn't anticipate being caught so quickly. She drove around dressing and torturing the baby, but was caught by LE via cell phone before she could kill the child and dispose of her in a remote location.

Not trying to be argumentative, but it helps to read the SW and statements from LE.

She didn't expect to be identified so quickly. When they contacted her via cell phone, she was still in the area. Their pursuit grew increasingly aggressive as the minutes ticked by. She knew she was trapped and had to quickly dispose of Lyndon. Some have speculated that, because of the large contusion on the baby's head, she may have knocked her unconscious and assumed she was dead.

IMO, Hanna didn't anticipate being caught so quickly. She drove around dressing and torturing the baby, but was caught by LE via cell phone before she could kill the child and dispose of her in a remote location.

I've read the same documents you have and you are taking quite a bit of liberty with the facts as we know them, unless the entirety of your post is merely opinion, which is not clear. I don't recall, for example, the size or severity of the contusion. I also don't know what you mean by saying "she drove around dressing . . . ." I didn't read that she had done that. You also have indicated that it was Abi's intention to kill Lyndon and dispose of her in a remote location. How could you know that?

I've read the same documents you have and you are taking quite a bit of liberty with the facts as we know them, unless the entirety of your post is merely opinion, which is not clear. I don't recall, for example, the size or severity of the contusion. I also don't know what you mean by saying "she drove around dressing . . . ." I didn't read that she had done that. You also have indicated that it was Abi's intention to kill Lyndon and dispose of her in a remote location. How could you know that?

The couple that found her described the contusion as being "the size of a softball," which is fairly large and significant on a child that age. I've speculated the intent was to do more than injure Lyndon and it's my opinion AH left her for dead.

I'm not sure if Abi left the baby for dead... At first I thought she had intentionally left her by the road to be found alive, but your argument makes a lot of sense, Betty P. I wonder if the baby was found where she was left, or if she'd toddled or crawled towards the road a bit.

That dirt under Abi's fingernails gives me the chills... Was she trying to bury the baby?? :(

About the clothes... I had assumed that the toddler clothes found by the police were just the baby's own clothes, not toddler clothes that Abi had bought in advance. The baby was found naked, remember, and there is no mention of any clothing found near her (although it may have been, we don't know). What was the baby wearing in bed, and were any clothes missing, I wonder.

And the police found a dirty pink coat in Abby's bag, and clothing with cigarette burns. So I guess she tortured and undressed the baby in the woods, then took the clothes, hair clippers etc home with her. I wonder why Abby left the baby there but took her clothes home, though? Maybe she thought the clothes had DNA evidence on them and she was going to burn them or something?

Or maybe Abi took the baby to her house to torture her? Did the hair clippers need to be plugged in to work, or were they battery operated, I wonder. Who did Abi live with, her parents? Were they home at the time to hear the baby screaming, or not?

I'm not sure if Abi left the baby for dead... At first I thought she had intentionally left her by the road to be found alive, but your argument makes a lot of sense, Betty P. I wonder if the baby was found where she was left, or if she'd toddled or crawled towards the road a bit.

That dirt under Abi's fingernails gives me the chills... Was she trying to bury the baby?? :(

About the clothes... I had assumed that the toddler clothes found by the police were just the baby's own clothes, not toddler clothes that Abi had bought in advance. The baby was found naked, remember, and there is no mention of any clothing found near her (although it may have been, we don't know). What was the baby wearing in bed, and were any clothes missing, I wonder.

And the police found a dirty pink coat in Abby's bag, and clothing with cigarette burns. So I guess she tortured and undressed the baby in the woods, then took the clothes, hair clippers etc home with her. I wonder why Abby left the baby there but took her clothes home, though? Maybe she thought the clothes had DNA evidence on them and she was going to burn them or something?

Or maybe Abi took the baby to her house to torture her? Did the hair clippers need to be plugged in to work, or were they battery operated, I wonder. Who did Abi live with, her parents? Were they home at the time to hear the baby screaming, or not?

BBM There are two plausible scenarios for the clothes... in my opinion, of course. 1) Trophy 2) She was panicked when LE was on to her and she thought it was wiser to keep the clothes on her person because it was too risky to discard them where they could be found. I personally believe she thought that she could simply LIE and police would believe her. End of story.

I am also leaning towards her leaving Lyndon for dead.

These discussions about mental illness and criminal actions make me think about questions like: 1) Does true evil exist, or can every intention or action be explained away by brain chemistry or mental illness, etc? 2) are all human beings capable of the same level of evil given the circumstances that would bring it out? 3) if sociopaths or psychopaths are born without the capacity for compassion, are they still culpable for their actions? 4) do heaven and hell really exist? My answers to these questions have definitely fluctuated over time.

These discussions about mental illness and criminal actions make me think about questions like: 1) Does true evil exist, or can every intention or action be explained away by brain chemistry or mental illness, etc? 2) are all human beings capable of the same level of evil given the circumstances that would bring it out? 3) if sociopaths or psychopaths are born without the capacity for compassion, are they still culpable for their actions? 4) do heaven and hell really exist? My answers to these questions have definitely fluctuated over time.

Definitely very interesting questions to ponder, and like you, my answers have fluctuated over time.

So did she take the baby's pink coat from the home when she kidnapped her?

So did she take the baby's pink coat from the home when she kidnapped her?

I don't know. I was reading about another case, though, where a woman abducted a newborn baby from the crib in his parents' room in the middle of the night. She had planned the abduction and she immediately changed him into clothes that she had bought for him. Police soon suspected her and called her cellphone to arrange to bring her in for questioning - and so she dumped the baby outside in a tote bag, where he was found (alive and well) the next day.

Even though she had planned to raise the boy as her own, as soon as the police suspected her she dumped him outside in freezing weather rather than confess. He could easily have died, but she was more worried about saving her own skin.

It occurred to me that a similar thing could have happened with Abi. Maybe she *had* bought clothes and intended to raise the baby as her own? But when she got the call from LE she hastily dumped her; burning her, beating her and stripping her to make it look like a stranger abduction.

ETA here's the thread of the case I was writing about - Kayden Powell. I haven't got to the end yet, so I don't know how the baby managed to survive the freezing temperatures :)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-old-Town-Of-Beloit-6th-February-2014/page30

Do we know the circumstances regarding the burns on Lyndon? If I recall, an article of clothing that was found also had cigarette burns. Does that mean Lyndon was burned while she still had her clothes on? Of course the parents would know what Lyndon was wearing when she went to bed and hopefully LE will check to see if the burns on the clothing match the burns on Lyndon.

I don't know. I was reading about another case, though, where a woman abducted a newborn baby from the crib in his parents' room in the middle of the night. She had planned the abduction and she immediately changed him into clothes that she had bought for him. Police soon suspected her and called her cellphone to arrange to bring her in for questioning - and so she dumped the baby outside in a tote bag, where he was found (alive and well) the next day.

Even though she had planned to raise the boy as her own, as soon as the police suspected her she dumped him outside in freezing weather rather than confess. He could easily have died, but she was more worried about saving her own skin.

It occurred to me that a similar thing could have happened with Abi. Maybe she *had* bought clothes and intended to raise the baby as her own? But when she got the call from LE she hastily dumped her; burning her, beating her and stripping her to make it look like a stranger abduction.

ETA here's the thread of the case I was writing about - Kayden Powell. I haven't got to the end yet, so I don't know how the baby managed to survive the freezing temperatures :)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-old-Town-Of-Beloit-6th-February-2014/page30

I randomly looked at Page 40 of Kayden Powell's thread which says he was swaddled in blankets inside a tote bag. And the tote bag was inside a grey plastic storage container.

The tenant living in AH's parent's home said she would see AH leave from 1:30-4:30am often. Where was she going? She knew that Lyndon's home was usually left unlocked...had she been going there?!

I wonder if the pink coat is Lyndon's or if it was purchased? Maybe AH took clothes from the toddler either when she babysat or at another time when she went there at night (if she ever did).

I think AH must have been home when her mother woke up at 7am (knowing her mother would question why she was gone), and once her mother left, she did too. The baby could have been in her car that whole time, passed out? She also could have been hidden in the woods (if you do a google map the whole area is covered in thick trees). She could have just replaced Lyndon with the cat in her story. There you go. She was struggling with a toddler, not a cat. It seems that AH's lies are close to the truth. I bet for sure she was in those areas she said she was in, or at least a few of them.

The tenant living in AH's parent's home said she would see AH leave from 1:30-4:30am often. Where was she going? She knew that Lyndon's home was usually left unlocked...had she been going there?!

I wonder if the pink coat is Lyndon's or if it was purchased? Maybe AH took clothes from the toddler either when she babysat or at another time when she went there at night (if she ever did).

I think AH must have been home when her mother woke up at 7am (knowing her mother would question why she was gone), and once her mother left, she did too. The baby could have been in her car that whole time, passed out? She also could have been hidden in the woods (if you do a google map the whole area is covered in thick trees). She could have just replaced Lyndon with the cat in her story. There you go. She was struggling with a toddler, not a cat. It seems that AH's lies are close to the truth. I bet for sure she was in those areas she said she was in, or at least a few of them.

I don't understand what makes you think the Alders left their home unlocked? Sure, Abbi told that to LE, but after only having babysat once, she would have no idea what their routine was about anything, including whether or not they locked their doors.

When Abbi left her house in the early morning hours (if she indeed did), I think she might have been going to spend time with her boyfriend/fiancé because he might work such hours that don't allow them to spend time together at other times. That makes just as much sense as some of the other possibilities I've read. IMO

I don't understand what makes you think the Alders left their home unlocked? Sure, Abbi told that to LE, but after only having babysat once, she would have no idea what their routine was about anything, including whether or not they locked their doors.

When Abbi left her house in the early morning hours (if she indeed did), I think she might have been going to spend time with her boyfriend/fiancé because he might work such hours that don't allow them to spend time together at other times. That makes just as much sense as some of the other possibilities I've read. IMO

I think that the door was left unlocked because she found the door unlocked. I suppose she could have taken a key or learned a garage code in the day she babysat. She gained entrance somehow. She very well could have told police she knew the door was always left unlocked to point some blame on them like "they were asking for this to happen"...or in her mind she was helping police solve the crime and (she thought), steering them away from her.

Do we know her fiance had odd work hours? I hadn't seen that?

I think that the door was left unlocked because she found the door unlocked. I suppose she could have taken a key or learned a garage code in the day she babysat. She gained entrance somehow. She very well could have told police she knew the door was always left unlocked to point some blame on them like "they were asking for this to happen"...or in her mind she was helping police solve the crime and (she thought), steering them away from her.

Do we know her fiance had odd work hours? I hadn't seen that?

No, we don't know that. . . Which is why I said, "I think . . .he might"

I thought she was due back in court today but I haven't seen any news about this. Has anyone else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back