GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The doctor who evaluated AH (and declared her mentally incompetent) has over 20 years of experience as an independent forensic psychologist. So IMO, we can trust that her opinion was medically sound.

ETA: especially since the doctor said AH also has a history of suicide attempts and black-outs.

Agreed.

Luka Magnotta pleaded not criminally responsible to the murder of Lin Jun. His very extensive medical records showed that he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and had been in and out of psychiatric hospitals, suffering from psychosis, since he was a teenager. His father also suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, and had been hospitalised in the past for homicidal ideation.

The psychiatrist who assessed Magnotta for a week in Germany after his arrest was convinced Magnotta was genuinely psychotic, and he had a lot of experience at detecting people who were malingering to avoid prison.

Magnotta is still taking antipsychotic medication in prison, and claims that Marilyn Monroe talks to him in his cell.

Luka Magnotta was still found guilty of murder. And he got virtually no sympathy from the public for his mental illness even before he was found guilty.

This poor baby. I agree that the quick actions of the police may have saved her life, and that it is very possible that AH only dropped her off on the side of the road to "get rid of her."

I feel for BOTH families at this point. Parents cannot control the actions of adult children, and they are being crucified in the media as well. AH is their child, and I'm sure they will support her as best they can.

Another poster had an interesting idea about perhaps AH feeling that the child was hers.... hmmm. Wonder if the parents "fired" her for this reason?

I'm sorry this girl is mentally ill but I care more for the toddler who was abducted, shamed, harmed and tossed from a car.

If she thought the child was hers, why would she beat her, burn her with cigarettes and then leave her by the side of the road?

I don't know why Abi was fired from her babysitting job (if she really was fired, there have been conflicting statements about that), but if the parents suspected she might try to take their daughter they probably would have locked the doors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postpartum_psychosis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

I had no idea that postpartum psychosis could affect any pregnant woman, even those women that suffer a miscarriage. The posted links explain both. Interesting. I am just trying to understand what would prompt AH to kidnap a toddler.

Psychosis can be at the root of so many bizarre behaviors, and IF it is at the root of this, it may take some time for a professional to figure out that "prompt". This is jmo, but one guess would be that, in psychosis, AH might have boundary issues that caused her to perceive the child, at some level, as herself. She may have conflicted feelings about HERSELF and thus, also, toward the child. She may have wanted to "rescue" and nurture this "other self", on the one hand, but may also perceive the child as bad or evil, on another level, and in need of punishment. Sounds kooky and convoluted, I know...but we are talking about psychosis (possibly), which can warp perception in ways a "normal" mind (even of the person now psychotic) would never dream possible.

If she thought the child was hers, why would she beat her, burn her with cigarettes and then leave her by the side of the road?

I don't know why Abi was fired from her babysitting job (if she really was fired, there have been conflicting statements about that), but if the parents suspected she might try to take their daughter they probably would have locked the doors.

Do we know for a fact the doors were unlocked? I would think the parents may have given the sitter a key if the sitter took the kids on an outing, or perhaps a spare key was found in the house by the sitter and taken. In today's world, I would think all doors are locked on homes unless one lives very rural...and I mean very rural.

Do we know for a fact the doors were unlocked? I would think the parents may have given the sitter a key if the sitter took the kids on an outing, or perhaps a spare key was found in the house by the sitter and taken. In today's world, I would think all doors are locked on homes unless one lives very rural...and I mean very rural.

It said in the search warrant subpoena I posted earlier that the door was unlocked, and that Abi mentioned to the police that she knew the family didn't lock their doors.

It said in the search warrant subpoena I posted earlier that the door was unlocked, and that Abi mentioned to the police that she knew the family didn't lock their doors.

IIRC, the Search Warrant Affidavit said the parents found the door ajar/slightly opened when they awoke but that's not an indication that it was unlocked when the parents went to bed. I also question how Abi would know the parents' routine regarding anything, including whether or not they lock their doors, after only babysitting one time. IMO

IIRC, the Search Warrant Affidavit said the parents found the door ajar/slightly opened when they awoke but that's not an indication that it was unlocked when the parents went to bed. I also question how Abi would know the parents' routine regarding anything, including whether or not they lock their doors, after only babysitting one time. IMO

In earlier news stories, it was reported she had a problem with stealing and would spend most nights away, presumably driving around in her car for hours. It's possible she used some of these late night drives to visit the Alber's home to check whether doors/windows were locked, what time parents went to bed, etc. She was also reported to have been collecting toddler size clothing. LE is probably checking on any other reports of late night break - ins, burglaries, etc. in the area. I hope they're also checking any security camera footage in the Alber's neighborhood to see if she was spotted driving around in previous days.

Hanna may have been planning the kidnapping of poor Lyndon for a while. She may have stalked the family, perhaps other families she worked for as well.

I have no idea what being a Christian has to do with ANYTHING, however, according to Post #350, the media described Abi as a pretty, white, young Christian . . . .

Remember Melissa Huckabee who murdered Sandra Cantu?

Yes, I remember. What does it have to do with this case?

She was a very disturbed woman!
No rhyme nor reason for what she did either.

She came to mind reading this thread.

She was a very disturbed woman!
No rhyme nor reason for what she did either.

She came to mind reading this thread.

I'm not familiar with her case so I looked it up. It does seem similar. Do you think Abi would have called (or had someone call) the police? What I read said it was all about attention for Melissa.

I read another article somewhere (sorry, don't have the link) that argued that Melissa Huckabee's case was sexually motivated, but people have a hard time believing that women can be sexual predators and that's why people chose to believe that it was for attention. She did certainly sexually abuse the girl before she murdered her. But she also seemed to enjoy the attention and involved herself in the investigation.

I think that if Abi Hanna was a man, everyone would be assuming that it was a sexually motivated kidnapping.

I read another article somewhere (sorry, don't have the link) that argued that Melissa Huckabee's case was sexually motivated, but people have a hard time believing that women can be sexual predators and that's why people chose to believe that it was for attention. She did certainly sexually abuse the girl before she murdered her. But she also seemed to enjoy the attention and involved herself in the investigation.

I think that if Abi Hanna was a man, everyone would be assuming that it was a sexually motivated kidnapping.

You're absolutely right. Good point.

Remember this case? Everyone assumed a sexual motive because the kidnapper was a man... I'm still not sure if there was one or not. Would we have assumed differently if it had been a woman kidnapper? He said he felt sorry for the girl and thought she wasn't being properly cared for.

It's alleged Kane entered through a window at the girl’s house some time after 2am last Thursday, and took her to his rural property about 3km away.

He allegedly told police he cared for her at his house “for a day or two” where he washed her and shampooed her hair.

Almost two days later, following an extensive air and land search, he dropped her back at the Childers showgrounds, leaving her on a blanket.

The court heard Kane had admitted to police that “I took (her) and brought her back”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ders-court-hears/story-fnihsrf2-1226887118582

I think if taking little Lyndon (by a man or woman) was sexually motivated, the molestation would have already taken place by the time she was found.

I don't think she was sexually molested but this woman has serious issues.
To beat the child and burn her shave her head.....
Sick, at least she left the child alive and it seems she wanted her found otherwise she would not leave her on the side of a road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back