GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hanna was arrested at the Salem Hospital emergency room early Saturday morning.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30...ith-kidnapping-hamilton-child-is-due-in-court

I wonder why she was at the emergency room??

We are so thankful that Lyndon is improving and wish her and her family complete healing in every way. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. We also will continue to care for Abi, whom we love very much. We ask that everyone respect the privacy of both families in this very difficult time.-The Hanna family

Her family aren't sticking up for her, either. This case just gets weirder and weirder.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30...ith-kidnapping-hamilton-child-is-due-in-court

I wonder why she was at the emergency room??

Her family aren't sticking up for her, either. This case just gets weirder and weirder.

My first thought was Maybe she tried to harm herself but I'd think she'd be in hospital longer.

Another thought maybe to see if someone finds Lyndon and she shows up there for treatment. Guilt afterwords? Or a return to the scene of the crime sort of thing?

That is strange.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

competency hearing is being considered by judge, she is reported to be having multiple psychotic events, hallucinations, is mute, cannot understand anything etc

from arraignment that just happened

competency hearing is being considered by judge, she is reported to be having multiple psychotic events, hallucinations, is mute, cannot understand anything etc

How convenient!

Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think the statement from Abigail's family is formal and wisely neutral. I don't think they have any interest in providing information to the public. I can't blame them.
Nothing they can say is going to make the situation less awful.

Sounds like the arrest that happened at the hospital may have been because someone was trying to get her admitted for a psychiatric hold.

Why do people assume that she's faking being mentally incompetent? She dropped out of college, was recently fired, and the details of the case are extremely bizarre. Sounds like a mental health crisis to me.

Looks like they have her in what we called the "pickle suit" - it was a special jumpsuit to keep suicidal/psychotic defendants from harming themselves.

Court clinicians see so many people that they can tell who is indeed in the middle of a mental health crisis and who is malingering. I wouldn't jump so quickly to her faking. :twocents:

Yes, and schizophrenia is typically diagnosed in early adulthood, so the timing fits.

Schizophrenia often starts in the twenties... If there were any documented signs of psychosis prior to this crime, then I believe she may truly have been insane at the time this happened. She just got engaged a couple weeks ago, so I was assuming she seemed okay to her fiancé? -- or maybe that even contributed to her break from reality. Current thinking is that some people may be prone to schizophrenia, and a stressful or emotional life event might trigger a psychotic episode. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now that she is not malingering, but she needs to be locked up and kept away from children either way. So thankful this little one survived! JMO

How convenient!

No, this actually makes sense. It is not uncommon for young people in their 20's to have undiagnosed Bipolar Disorder manifest and psychosis is one of the more severe symptoms with both Bipolar 1 and 2. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the case. I have known people that suffer with Bipolar Disorder and have been hospitalized when they have had violent, psychotic episodes. It's frightening for them and frightening for those around them. I will be interested to watch this story unfold. Thankfully, Lyndon is home safe with his parents now.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back