MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JAN 8, 2023
[...]

At about 9 a.m. Sunday, multiple marked and unmarked police cruisers arrived at Walshe's home off the Chief Justice Cushing Highway (Route 3A). Investigators were seen walking around the home and taking photographs, as well as going inside the house.

NewsCenter 5's Brianna Borghi saw young children walking out of the house. Walshe is the mother of three young boys between the ages of 2 and 6. Borghi also saw a red truck pull up to the home earlier Sunday morning and drop off an older woman, who spoke with an investigator for a few minutes before being led toward the house. That woman appeared to leave the home with the children in a different vehicle. Borghi then saw a man leave the home in a separate vehicle shortly thereafter.

[...]

At about 9 a.m. Sunday, multiple marked and unmarked police cruisers arrived at Walshe's home off the Chief Justice Cushing Highway (Route 3A). Investigators were seen walking around the home and taking photographs, as well as going inside the house.

NewsCenter 5's Brianna Borghi saw young children walking out of the house. Walshe is the mother of three young boys between the ages of 2 and 6. Borghi also saw a red truck pull up to the home earlier Sunday morning and drop off an older woman, who spoke with an investigator for a few minutes before being led toward the house. That woman appeared to leave the home with the children in a different vehicle. Borghi then saw a man leave the home in a separate vehicle shortly thereafter.

Not looking good, IMO.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see a direct quote. Did this reporter actually interview the husband? (I apologize if it's there and I just don't see it.)
My apologies. I cannot seem to locate any links now that state the husband said (paraphrasing) it was common for him to not hear from Ana for a couple days at a time, while she was working in DC. I've gone back to the first few pages of media links on her case and they've all be edited/updated.

ETA: Just to clarify, I was originally responding to @PommyMommy's post quoting a tweet from a DM reporter who stated:
"Brian Walshe waited three days to report his wife and mother for their three sons missing. He said it was normal for her to not reach out for days at a time due to work" source -

Last edited:

Not looking good, IMO.
Whatever the situation turns out to be, I’m glad the kids left with an older woman (presumably a grandma?). I hope everyone has learned from the Powell case that it’s better to step on toes and be safe.

Could someone please confirm that her phone was off? I read it somewhere.

Nobody leaves for the airport/a work trip with their phone off. You can't even get your ride without your phone.

Phone off indicates, to me, captain obvious:

1) she didn't want to be found, left it off (or turned it off) to disappear
2) someone made her turn it off
3) someone turned it off after harming her
4?) what if she had a burner phone that she was using instead? -- sheer speculation

As a side note, for the mother of 3 very young children and a felon of a spouse, she looks smiley, put together, and attractive in photos. Combined with the constant work travel and questionable husband at home, I'd put money on a boyfriend/second life in DC that gave her that twinkle in her eye in many selfies. MOO.

I really hope she's OK, but draining the pool admittedly freaked me out.

Is this a complete timeline of *known* facts:
1) The couple hosted a NYE party, at which Ana was present
2) Ana was scheduled and holding a ticket to fly to DC on 1/3. (This is logical since this would be the typical first day back at work, with 1/1 being a Sunday and 1/2 being the designated holiday).
3) She told her family she had to go DC earlier, on 1/1, for a work emergency. [This is accepted as fact that Ana told her family this, but whether or not there actually was a work emergency is unconfirmed by her employer]
4) Ana did not have a ticket for 1/1, but was going to go airport to fly standby
5) Ana left the home but it's not clear who saw her last or when exactly she left the home. It is accepted as fact that she left the home between 4am and 5am on 1/1.
6) There is no known video of her leaving. There is no electronic footprint on 1/1 or after. It is not known if there are any Rideshare records, but it is being reported that there are no rideshare records.
7) edited: Ana was reported missing on 1/4. LE received simultaneous reports from her husband and employer. h/t Pommymommy
BACKGROUND FACTS
Ana's husband was arrested for his role in selling two fake Warhol paintings on Ebay
Ana was specifically involved in the fake art sale according to the FBI records, which had her helping to cultivate Victim 1 and set up the sale.

Last edited:
Could someone please confirm that her phone was off? I read it somewhere.

Nobody leaves for the airport/a work trip with their phone off. You can't even get your ride without your phone.

Phone off indicates, to me, captain obvious:

1) she didn't want to be found, left it off (or turned it off) to disappear
2) someone made her turn it off
3) someone turned it off after harming her
4?) what if she had a burner phone that she was using instead? -- sheer speculation

As a side note, for the mother of 3 very young children and a felon of a spouse, she looks smiley, put together, and attractive in photos. Combined with the constant work travel and questionable husband at home, I'd put money on a boyfriend/second life in DC that gave her that twinkle in her eye in many selfies. MOO.

I really hope she's OK, but draining the pool admittedly freaked me out.
"Could someone please confirm that her phone was off? I read it somewhere."
Correct. Police said there is no electronic footprint on 1/1 or after

Another friend of Ana's has spoken to the Globe, which is of course paywalled. The text below is a summary by me.

JAN 8, 2023
  • CW is a long-time friend of Ana's who lives outside Washington D.C.
  • She says she is really, really worried about Ana because she's always really well put together and "over communicative about things."
  • They worked and lived together in D.C. after Ana came to the US from Serbia in 2005.
  • Ana went back and forth for a few years from Serbia to DC on summer work visas.
  • Ana was supposed to visit CW on Dec. 27 to see her new condo, but Ana texted to say she had to work late.
  • CW eventually received a text from Ana saying her phone had died, she was unable to use GPS, and she had returned home.
  • CW said this was weird and unlike Ana. CW texted Ana asking if she was OK.
  • Ana texted back that she was OK and sent screenshots of her trying to call CW and the phone not working.
  • Ana texted the following day to say she went and got a new SIM card for her phone and it was working again.
  • They agreed to meet Jan. 5, but when CW texted Ana on Jan. 3, the message never displayed as delivered.

This guy is a fraud and she’s knowingly promoting him. The description of that PAID presentation is one of those ‘give me $100 and I’ll tell you how to become a millionaire’. Scam.

I don’t know what to think about this story. But at this point, everyone involved seems to have something to hide.

This is why it is just so hard to separate the stories. It does seem clear that they worked 'together' on much that they did, so, in moo, the transgressions of the husband are hard to extract from the life of Ana. The family spokesperson who said they saw her leave in the mother-in-law, correct, so I feel we need to include her in the story of the disappearance, as well. She would be able to express Ana's habits of communication with her husband and children as much as Ana's friends would.

Is this a complete timeline of *known* facts:
1) The couple hosted a NYE party, at which Ana was present
2) Ana was scheduled and holding a ticket to fly to DC on 1/3. (This is logical since this would be the typical first day back at work, with 1/1 being a Sunday and 1/2 being the designated holiday).
3) She told her family she had to go DC earlier, on 1/1, for a work emergency. [This is accepted as fact that Ana told her family this, but whether or not there actually was a work emergency is unconfirmed by her employer]
4) Ana did not have a ticket for 1/1, but was going to go airport to fly standby
5) Ana left the home but it's not clear who saw her last or when exactly she left the home. It is accepted as fact that she left the home between 4am and 5am on 1/1.
6) There is no known video of her leaving. There is no electronic footprint on 1/1 or after. It is not known if there are any Rideshare records, but it is being reported that there are no rideshare records.
7) Ana was reported missing on 1/3
BACKGROUND FACTS
Ana's husband was arrested for his role in selling two fake Warhol paintings on Ebay
Ana was specifically involved in the fake art sale according to the FBI records, which had her helping to cultivate Victim 1 and set up the sale.
Nice summary, thank you, and Welcome to Websleuths. :)

7) Ana was reported missing on 1/4. LE received simultaneous reports from her husband and employer.

(Wording this carefully to avoid accusing anyone in particular. To my knowledge, there is no publicly named person of interest or suspect at this time.)

I hope anyone who could have had something to do with Ana's disappearance is in a small, cold, windowless room, chatting with investigators while Ana's last known location is being searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo