Deceased/Not Found MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the court transcripts (Cr. No. 18-10399-DPW-1) you reach a better understanding, IMHO, about how devious BW was. He took 3 real Warhols from a friend in South Korea along with some other valuable art. BW then proceeds to hire 2 different artists to "recreate" the Warhols and sells the fakes at least twice, grossing over $200k on the fakes. To this day the FBI is not sure where the actual Warhol paintings are that BW stole from his friend.

The CA dealer who bought the fake Warhols and brought the federal suit was given pictures and documentation regarding the real Warhols because BW actually had the real ones at the time. The CA dealer paid a professional to fly to Boston and inspect the paintings in person before handing over the money. The reals were replaced by fakes that day but BW showed that dealer mostly real authenticated info on the real Warhol paintings BW had in his posession.

MOO, BW was not fleecing some "rubes" but was able to successfully sell the exact same Warhol art to very well informed art investors in CA (fakes) and France (fakes) and sell the real ones someplace else nobody in the world knows where. The CA art dealer who brought the federal suit against BW did hours of due diligence hand in hand with the Warhol Foundation to authenticate what he was buying before he wrote the check.

I hate to give him credit but BW was a very good con man.
Great comment! Great insight!
It's a weird world when it comes to 'art'.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I didn't listen to that vid yet.. but I wonder too, and wonder about the ping near a water tower, which sent LE all searching that area it sounds/ swamp and woods. Assuming that means the phone was on in that area to LE at that time, then there is a time the phone was shut off or did the battery end. I wonder if that is where her phone would ping per the towers and not her house anyway? If someone was going to get rid of her phone I'd think they would of shut it off at least in her driveway to make it look she did go into the driveway for her 'ride'. No thinking of things like that at the time. Just wonder why her phone pinged at that spot if not the obvious reason that it was brought there and disposed of there. ODD though. She wasn't brought there with her phone in her pocket or anything, if saws used at the house on her. Just thoughts that are erratic yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
JAN 13, 2023

‘There’s too much planning in it’: Missing Mom Ana Walshe’s ‘Sociopath’ Husband Has ‘No insanity defense,’ Expert Says

[...]

Fox News Digital reports that a New York-based lawyer who “successfully tried a mental health defense in 2014,” doesn’t think the defendant will be able to claim insanity in the case.

“Most of our clients are sociopaths, that means you’re just putting your interest above society,” New York defense attorney Daniel Gotlin said. “It doesn’t mean you’re insane when you a commit a crime.”

“There’s too much planning in it. Insanity happens on the spur of the moment."

[...]
How wonderfully pithy a definition of “sociopath” from Attorney Gotlin… I’d like to metaphorically shake his hand for giving us such a useful nutshell with so many potential applications for various court cases.

From a prior interview with GM Iirc correctly he indicated that he was first friend’s with Brian and then he became friends with Ana.
He did not mention that Brian was missing his cell phone in that interview. Just Imo.
EBM for typo.

Exactly! Which is why I was absolutely shocked to hear him say it in the second interview.

This whole thing really (really) smells funny.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I didn't listen to that vid yet.. but I wonder too, and wonder about the ping near a water tower, which sent LE all searching that area it sounds/ swamp and woods. Assuming that means the phone was on in that area to LE at that time, then there is a time the phone was shut off or did the battery end.
RSBM

He could also possibly have turned his phone off, and taken her phone and allowed it to ping in incorrect hiding places (where he knew they’d never find her). Ugh…

The two people who would seem to be very important to investigators would be the person they spent NYE with, GM, and Brian’s mom. She was there but probably in her bedroom.
Is there any confirmation that BW’s mother(DZW) was there on NYE? I had initially thought that also because I had assumed that she was the person to whom LE was referring when they said that a “family member” had reported seeing AW with suitcase(s) sometime between 4 & 5 in the morning, but I don‘t think it has been confirmed that she was that family member nor have I seen it confirmed that she was there on NYE.

Good con man?

He sold the fake Warhols on ebay - no red flag there - you can find and read articles online about the "sale".
BW listed the Warhols on eBay but never sold them on eBay. He sold one set of fake Warhols directly to an art dealer in California who specializes in Warhol art by showing him over and over the authentic Warhols that BW had in his possession. BW had the real ones because he had stolen them from a friend of his. BW then had a 2nd set of forgeries of the same Warhols made and sold those in France. He probably also sold the authentic Warhols but the FBI says after years of trying to track them they do not know where the real Warhols are.

BW stole something that didn't belong to him and sold it at least 3 times which gave him at least hundreds of thousands of dollars. Seems like a good con man to me. Maybe I made a bad choice of words... how about an accomplished con man? I'm not praising the man, I think he is a _____ and I hope he spends the rest of his life in Walpole State Prison drinking toilet wine while thinking about those $3,000 bottles of whiskey he never got to open.

JAN 13, 2023

Ana Walshe case: Police logs raise questions, shed light on details of missing Cohasset woman

[...]

The Cohasset Police Department logs show that, as of Jan. 4, Ana’s cellphone was off, but had last "hit a tower" around 3:14 a.m. on Jan. 2, just shy of 24 hours after she was reportedly last seen.

This dirt road, located behind a metal gate along Reservoir Road, leads to a cell tower in Cohasset, Mass., where Ana Walshe's cellphone pinged Jan. 2, 2023, after she disappeared.

This dirt road, located behind a metal gate along Reservoir Road, leads to a cell tower in Cohasset, Mass., where Ana Walshe's cellphone pinged Jan. 2, 2023, after she disappeared. (Chris Eberhart/Fox News Digital)

The log further describes how Ana’s cellphone "hit the tower" on Reservoir Road in Cohasset, approximately 0.7 miles from her home.

Four residents who live in or around Reservoir Road told Fox News Digital Thursday night that investigators combed through the area Jan. 6. Investigators asked neighbors if they saw or heard anything during the early morning of Jan. 2, according to a couple who live in a nearby home and asked to remain anonymous out of concern for their safety.

This aerial Google Maps image shows the distance between Ana and Brian Walshe's home and Reservoir Road, where her cellphone pinged in the early morning hours of Jan. 2, 2023.

This aerial Google Maps image shows the distance between Ana and Brian Walshe's home and Reservoir Road, where her cellphone pinged in the early morning hours of Jan. 2, 2023. (Google Maps)

"We were asleep and didn’t see anything. We have a camera, but it was full, so I deleted the footage last week. I’m kicking myself," the male resident said.

Reservoir Road is a winding, suburban street lined with homes on both sides. A metal barrier blocks a walking path at the end of the street.

A cell tower located on Reservoir Road in Cohasset, Mass., Jan. 12, 2023.

A cell tower located on Reservoir Road in Cohasset, Mass., Jan. 12, 2023. (Chris Eberhart/Fox News Digital)

A cellphone tower is located at 75 Reservoir Road, which is approximately a 15-minute walk or a two-minute drive from the Walshes’ home.

The area is busy in the daytime, neighbors said, particularly before school starts and ends. They said parents often allow their children to use the nearby walking path to get to school.

[...]

From a prior interview with GM Iirc correctly he indicated that he was first friend’s with Brian and then he became friends with Ana.
He did not mention that Brian was missing his cell phone in that interview. Just Imo.
He absolutely didn’t—and I find it really odd that he added that detail after someone else indicated BW had told him his phone had been lost (the tenants in the apartment who also said AW had ‘melted down’).

For a second it made me wonder if it was a statement made to somehow protect Be a little bit… MOO.

Brian Walshe said his wife left around 6 a.m., taking an Uber or Lyft to go to the airport, where she was scheduled to fly to D.C.

That morning, he said his wife got ready, kissed him goodbye and told him to go back to sleep before leaving.
I don't like this .

The "law of economy" in language.
The need for additional words takes effort. The shortest sentence is best. He could have said, she left around 6 a.m. But he doesn't. Context: His wife is missing and feels the need to tell us "she got ready" and "kissed him goodbye". Most if not all kiss our partners (if we/they are awake, or even on the forehead if asleep) "goodbye" before we leave for work. It is his need to tell us this ( "kissed him goodbye) that is important. If it is important to him then it is important for us otherwise he wouldn't have said it? Is it a need to persuade that the relationship at the time of leaving was all good?
My wife is missing but i better let them know everything was fine when she left (under what circumstance? On her own accord or something nefarious ) because she "kissed" me "goodbye".

He told police he woke up around 7 a.m. and made breakfast for the couple's three boys, ages 2, 4, and 6, and left to run errands around 3 p.m. after a babysitter arrived at the house.

What was happening in the 8 hours leading up to the babysitter arriving?

Caveat. This is second hand information and may NOT be exactly what he said. It is food for thought however.

MOO (Speculation)

ETA: Missing text

Last edited:
I don't recall having read a single thing about anything that happened between Dec 17th (when the tenants spoke with her), and the New Year's festivities -- no mention of any Christmas/holiday festivities, as far as I can recall, or really any conversations with anyone. I guess there was BW signing the papers on her behalf at the property sale (wouldn't one normally just give one's poa to one's attorney if one couldn't attend a closing in person?) and then the friend who said Ana didn't show for a visit, instead texting that she'd gotten lost bc she needed a new sim card, etc. But it seems like a very quiet period for a time of year that is usually a very busy period indeed. All I mean is that you'd think someone would have come out of the woodwork saying how happy she'd looked in the toy store shopping for the kids, or how harried she'd looked while picking up their Christmas treats, or just something!

It's surprising that some people believe this was not pre-planned.

How do we explain BW googling "How to dispose of a 115lb woman's body" just days before her disappearance?

On what date was "How to dispose of a 115lb woman's body" searched in Google?

I'm not sure if I've seen the date but that seems like a critical question for sure.

jmo

From what I can find, the date of the searches has not been released.

The original news outlet to report the searches (based on the date of the supposed original article and references in subsequent news articles) appears to be CNN at the following link. No timeframe for the searches is provided.

I don't recall having read a single thing about anything that happened between Dec 17th (when the tenants spoke with her), and the New Year's festivities -- no mention of any Christmas/holiday festivities, as far as I can recall, or really any conversations with anyone. I guess there was BW signing the papers on her behalf at the property sale (wouldn't one normally just give one's poa to one's attorney if one couldn't attend a closing in person?) and then the friend who said Ana didn't show for a visit, instead texting that she'd gotten lost bc she needed a new sim card, etc. But it seems like a very quiet period for a time of year that is usually a very busy period indeed. All I mean is that you'd think someone would have come out of the woodwork saying how happy she'd looked in the toy store shopping for the kids, or how harried she'd looked while picking up their Christmas treats, or just something!

I have thought the very same........ the absense of anything going on BEFORE New Years... I have been waiting for "friends" to speak up about ANYTHING during that period....

Like....was she working in DC up until, say, Christmas?

Perhaps "friends" are really only work related in DC, and are now silent because of the additional craziness with the company...

I saw an interview with a woman with whom she was friends in DC. I think her last name was Kirby. She said that she had gone out dancing on Thursday Dec 29th with her in DC and that Ana flew back to Boston on Dec 30th. I was surprised that she had gone back to work for week between Christmas and New Year, but she probably was afraid to be alone with BW, thus urging her mother to come over, asking GM to come over on NYE.
Adding that AW Instagram also shows that she went to Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets game on Dec 23rd.

Last edited:
I saw an interview with a woman with whom she was friends in DC. I think her last name was Kirby. She said that she had gone out dancing on Thursday Dec 29th with her in DC and that Ana flew back to Boston on Dec 30th. I was surprised that she had gone back to work for week between Christmas and New Year, but she probably was afraid to be alone with BW, thus urging her mother to come over, asking GM to come over on NYE.
RBBM
I don't think AW was living in fear of BW during the holidays. Have I missed evidence of this?

I think he was probably laying low if he was planning this & avoiding conflict but that's just an opinion.

He could have snapped after their New Year's hosting of their friend.

We know so little except for reports like that of Ana seeming more stressed the last six months before 2023.

It would be great to know her motivations for selling the condo & car in December.

Until BW was sentenced, what would be an incentive for her to move on? She seems like a strategic thinker to me.

Just my 2 cents

RBBM
I don't think AW was living in fear of BW during the holidays. Have I missed evidence of this?

I think he was probably laying low if he was planning this & avoiding conflict but that's just an opinion.

He could have snapped after their New Year's hosting of their friend.

We know so little except for reports like that of Ana seeming more stressed the last six months before 2023.

It would be great to know her motivations for selling the condo & car in December.

Until BW was sentenced, what would be an incentive for her to move on? She seems like a strategic thinker to me.

Just my 2 cents
I think that AW stayed in DC til at least the morning of Dec 24th (since she went to hockey game in DC on night of Dec 23rd), that she urged her mother to come to US the next day, that she was back in DC for week between Christmas and New Year, and called a friend to come to house on NYE is evidence of her not wanting to be alone with BW. It wouldn’t surprise me if she had in fact told him she had a work emergency and planned to leave the morning of the 1st to go back to DC and he wasn’t happy about it…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372