MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial thinking is that she was placed there and probably by a female. This is based on past studies that females will tend to place deceased offspring by or near water (sorry I don't have a link to the study at the moment).

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reports that women are likely to dispose of their children's bodies in ways suggestive of returning them to the womb — swaddled in blankets, wrapped in plastic, submerged in water. http://www.denverpost.com/ci_18151310

If this little girl was wrapped in a blanket, then placed in a plastic bag, then taken to a place not very commonly known, as she couldn't have been there long, then why place her there? The place may have meant something to them or be of a vantage where the person who placed her could see from far in the unnoticeable distance across the water somewhere?

*snipped*

You answered your own question with "taken to a place not commonly known". Putting the body in an area that doesn't get too much traffic (usually) means it won't be discovered as quickly. The perpetrator(s) may have put the body in the lake because they thought it would sink right to the bottom. It's also possible they knew about the area but weren't super familiar with it, and they erroneously believed it was more secluded than it really was. I'm inclined to believe that's what really happened.

But really, we don't have nearly enough information to say why they chose that spot. It could have been for a multitude of reasons. Right now, all the location says to us is that whoever put her there is probably local or, if they don't live there, they're at least familiar with the area for other reasons (vacations, relatives live there, etc).

You answered your own question with "taken to a place not commonly known". Putting the body in an area that doesn't get too much traffic (usually) means it won't be discovered as quickly. The perpetrator(s) may have put the body in the lake because they thought it would sink right to the bottom. It's also possible they knew about the area but weren't super familiar with it, and they erroneously believed it was more secluded than it really was. I'm inclined to believe that's what really happened.

But really, we don't have nearly enough information to say why they chose that spot. It could have been for a multitude of reasons. Right now, all the location says to us is that whoever put her there is probably local.

Agreed. Thank you for your thoughts.

Not me. They look like comfy play clothes. No one changes their child to nap.. Maybe bed, But I don't think that that is the case here. She looks like she was in play clothes to me.
I think she was cared for at one time, But something changed.
No one who loved her would leave her out like that in trash bags.

All of my female cousins napped without a shirt on, just leggings and a blanket, that's why that stuck out to me so much. Who knows though. The trash bag thing threw me off as well, but why put the blanket in the bag with her? There are so many questions.

All of my female cousins napped without a shirt on, just leggings and a blanket, that's why that stuck out to me so much. Who knows though. The trash bag thing threw me off as well, but why put the blanket in the bag with her? There are so many questions.

Because either 1) it had evidence on it and killer was hoping the water would remove it or 2) killer had no use for the blanket and no reason to keep it. "Safer" to just throw it in the trash bag with the child than dispose of it some other way.

I believe this child was murdered and I do agree that the murderer will end up being a female caregiver, but I don't think any of this was done lovingly or with care or accidentally. Someone wanted this child dead, IMO. Anyone who loves or cares for a child would contact authorities in the case of an accident, not put her in a trash bag and toss/place her body in/near the ocean in a not-well-known area. If we assume it was her mother, and she checked on a loved daughter and found her dead, some kind of primitive instinct kicks in to deny the child is really gone. She'd likely panic and think maybe EMS can bring her back, maybe she's not really dead, maybe she's in a coma, doctors can help, SOMEBODY HELP MY BABY! Not, oh my kid just randomly died, better throw her away so I don't get in trouble.

MOO

does anyone else remember that misty Cummings sister and her husband from Boston mass, were visiting Haleigh Cummings and Ron that weekend, now this body turns up in mass terribly decomposed and I need to know Missy's sisters name and her Husbands name.....Boston mass. And mass state police need to interview both of them, we need DNA.

Because either 1) it had evidence on it and killer was hoping the water would remove it or 2) killer had no use for the blanket and no reason to keep it. "Safer" to just throw it in the trash bag with the child than dispose of it some other way.

I do agree that the murderer will end up being a female caregiver, but I don't think any of this was done lovingly or with care or accidentally. Someone wanted this child dead. Anyone who loves or cares for a child would contact authorities in the case of an accident, not put her in a trash bag and toss/place her body in/near the ocean in a not-well-known area. If we assume it was her mother, and she checked on a loved daughter and found her dead, some kind of primitive instinct kicks in to deny the child is really gone. She'd likely panic and think maybe EMS can bring her back, maybe she's not really dead, maybe she's in a coma, doctors can help, SOMEBODY HELP MY BABY! Not, oh my kid just randomly died, better throw her away so I don't get in trouble.

That's a good point. The killer could have also thrown the blanket in a dumpster somewhere and I highly doubt anyone would have even looked for it. They might not have known that at the time.

I thought that about the identity of the killer as well. However, if they acquired her illegally, like buying her from someone or kidnapping her from somewhere, they might not have called authorities due to the fear of being caught. It would almost have to be her primary caretaker(s), as no one has come forward. I wonder if there were previous signs of abuse on her, maybe previous broken bones or something.

That's what gets me the most. Why isn't ANYONE coming forward? She was cared for, so she must have been taken out of the house, to get her ears pierced or go shopping... And she's precious... So why doesn't anyone recognize her?.

BBM
but people are coming forward. The police have conducted 20+ wellness checks, eliminated at least 3 children and probably followed up on tons of other tips. Maybe the right one is sitting there right now, waiting to be further investigated.

BBM
but people are coming forward. The police have conducted 20+ wellness checks, eliminated at least 3 children and probably followed up on tons of other tips. Maybe the right one is sitting there right now, waiting to be further investigated.

That's true. I was thinking more about people close to her. Family, neighbors, someone who has seen her regularly.

does anyone else remember that misty Cummings sister and her husband from Boston mass, were visiting Haleigh Cummings and Ron that weekend, now this body turns up in mass terribly decomposed and I need to know Missy's sisters name and her Husbands name.....Boston mass. And mass state police need to interview both of them, we need DNA.

I'm confused please help me understand.
Are you thinking this is Haleigh Cummings?
Because she would be 12 now and I was under the impression that the Baby Doe was not terribly decomposed.
They haven't said how long she was there but I think it was a matter of days or hours. JMO
Are you talking about Misty's brother Tim and wife Chelsea?

That's a good point. The killer could have also thrown the blanket in a dumpster somewhere and I highly doubt anyone would have even looked for it. They might not have known that at the time.

I thought that about the identity of the killer as well. However, if they acquired her illegally, like buying her from someone or kidnapping her from somewhere, they might not have called authorities due to the fear of being caught. It would almost have to be her primary caretaker(s), as no one has come forward. I wonder if there were previous signs of abuse on her, maybe previous broken bones or something.

I'm trying to catch up but did I miss where they said this little girl was murdered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to catch up but did I miss where they said this little girl was murdered?

They didn't. It was just an assumption, since she was in a trash bag and left somewhere. I actually thought she may have been kidnapped years ago and accidentally died, and the people who took her were afraid of being caught. Either way, it's a horrible thing to do to a child.

They didn't. It was just an assumption, since she was in a trash bag and left somewhere. I actually thought she may have been kidnapped years ago and accidentally died, and the people who took her were afraid of being caught. Either way, it's a horrible thing to do to a child.

Absolutely it is.

Sorry, no, that is my assumption. I will edit my post.

Sorry, no, that is my assumption. I will edit my post.

The thread is moving fast, and that's a good thing in at least there's interest in finding out who this little girl is. I just thought it was entirely possible I'd missed something. :) Thanks for clearing that up!

Wow, I just saw that they ARE investigating a possible connection between Baby Kate and Baby Doe. I thought it seemed far-fetched when someone else here brought it up, but I guess I was wrong! I'm so glad LE is exploring every possible avenue.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Wow, I just saw that they ARE investigating a possible connection between Baby Kate and Baby Doe. I thought it seemed far-fetched when someone else here brought it up, but I guess I was wrong! I'm so glad LE is exploring every possible avenue.

I suggested it yesterday, I just thought that there is an uncanny likeness and the fact that Sean Phillips had been searching for adoptive parents on his computer in the weeks leading up to baby Kate going missing. His story about throwing the car seat out of the car in his temper causing Kate to die, doesn't make a bit of sense in my opinion.

Even given the other discussions on the Target pants it is STILL possible the polka dot pants to could be linked with a lot number (as most clothing items do) and this could give police and idea of where they were originally purchased. I realize this lead has been discussed at length but I still think it has merit and potential. IMO

Yes. I didn't think about the lot number. That may narrow things down a bit??

The nose on baby Kate is strikingly similar, and the shapes of noses don't change much until later, what ethnic background was she from?

The chin reminds me of Baby Kate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads