MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this 100% I think this in most cases, I think that artist renderings are so subjective and so incredibly far off in some cases that family members wouldn't even recognize them.

I'm thinking the photo of the actual face was put into a computer for a 3d rendering for the artist to tweak from there- like what they do at the dermatologist

It's not the same as a sketch from the memory of an eye witness. Those can be off. But in this case, They have her body.

I don't think they would release an image of her that didn't look like her. The forensic artist was interviewed and said it looks very much like her. He was confident in the photo because he had the actual face of the child to compare it to. It has to look pretty close to her.

does anyone else remember that misty Cummings sister and her husband from Boston mass, were visiting Haleigh Cummings and Ron that weekend, now this body turns up in mass terribly decomposed and I need to know Missy's sisters name and her Husbands name.....Boston mass. And mass state police need to interview both of them, we need DNA.

Every report I've read has suggested very limited decomp, and that the body was only in the water for a very short time. If this has anything to do with the Cummings case, I'll eat my hat.

multiple previous times in this thread. her father texted her mother a pic of her holding the date 7/7/15. she is in MX w her father.

Hi friend,

Where do you see that 'Maggie Sophia Ortega' has been ruled out?

thanks,
eleph

it wasnt terribly decomposed. early on they said slightly, and now they are playing vague.

does anyone else remember that misty Cummings sister and her husband from Boston mass, were visiting Haleigh Cummings and Ron that weekend, now this body turns up in mass terribly decomposed and I need to know Missy's sisters name and her Husbands name.....Boston mass. And mass state police need to interview both of them, we need DNA.

I haven't seen this touched on yet, but we have a VERY large Portuguese population not too far away. Fall River and New Bedford, MA in particular. We're assuming Hispanic means Mexican, but if she is from this area, there is a very good chance she'd have some Portuguese in her.

I'm Portuguese and I live in Rhode Island. I think you may not be the only one thinking this. I went to Fall River and Tiverton yesterday to buy some Portuguese groceries. I went to 3 markets and a bakery and 3 out of the 4 had the composite hanging near the door. I also saw it at a gas station in Tiverton.

This is pretty good article and it reinforced my thoughts of a female caretaker. I also think she may have mental illness based on things I read today.

"mothers frequently dispose of the corpses in what researchers call a "womb-like" fashion. Bodies are swaddled, submerged in water, or wrapped in plastic"
and if it was a woman the article says
"maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home"

http://hunteremkay.com/2012/04/f-is-for-family-annihilator-killer/

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2002/03/when_parents_kill.2.html

I suggested it yesterday, I just thought that there is an uncanny likeness and the fact that Sean Phillips had been searching for adoptive parents on his computer in the weeks leading up to baby Kate going missing. His story about throwing the car seat out of the car in his temper causing Kate to die, doesn't make a bit of sense in my opinion.

Yes, I was looking for you in the discussion but it's moved so fast overnight I lost ya!

I agree, regardless of how this case turns out, that his story has NEVER made sense.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

This is pretty good article and it reinforced my thoughts of a female caretaker. I also think she may have mental illness based on things I read today.

"mothers frequently dispose of the corpses in what researchers call a "womb-like" fashion. Bodies are swaddled, submerged in water, or wrapped in plastic"
and if it was a woman the article says
"maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home"

http://hunteremkay.com/2012/04/f-is-for-family-annihilator-killer/

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2002/03/when_parents_kill.2.html

Am with you on this - have been leaning towards a female being involved.

What concerns me the most, is that someone has discarded her as yesterday's trash. It just so sad to me, that someone felt this was an option. Wether it's because they didn't want to draw attention to the situation or they simply didn't care enough to handle it right, they still saw this as an option! My family and I relocated 1400 miles away from ALL family and friends. When my boys went back home for a week, our new neighbors came over after a few days to inquire if we are all ok, because they hadn't been outside. Somebody has to realize a kid is missing, I can't off the life of me understand why the dots aren't being connected!!

Even given the other discussions on the Target pants it is STILL possible the polka dot pants to could be linked with a lot number (as most clothing items do) and this could give police and idea of where they were originally purchased. I realize this lead has been discussed at length but I still think it has merit and potential. IMO

This was my thought exactly. Find out the exact store these pants and blanket were sold from. If they were both sold in the same area we could assume that Baby Doe lived in that area at some point.

Regarding the blanket she was wrapped in - has only the one photo been released? I know it won't help much, but I am about 90% sure I have an identical one. Being in Australia, this doesn't mean much (it was probably made in China). I bought it from The Reject Shop (a discount dollar type store) a couple of months ago. It was marketed as a pet blanket and they are still in stock.

Out of sheer desperation I'm going to throw this in the mix:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3068992/Police-fear-never-discover-body-murdered-four-year-old-father-chopped-look-like-food-leftovers-dumped-bins-Athens.html

On April 21 this year a Bulgarian woman, living in Athens, Greece, reported her four year old daughter, Ani Borisova, missing.

anny-.jpg

Her hair, long, as you can see, is dyed blonde, the natural color is brown. Ani's drug addicted father admitted later to killing her (and getting rid of the body in a truly nightmarish fashion), but her body hasn't been found. Greece is where the Albanian and Kosovar gangs operate, making cash mostly on drug dealing, prostitution and human trafficking. They do export the women from the Balkan Penninsula even to US.

Taking into consideration the father's confession, the probability that Ani is our Doe is rather slim, nevertheless, well, I couldn't put her face out of my mind. I just had to write about her, ya know.

I don't think she's Baby Doe but that poor little girl :( And why would they dye her hair? *shakes head*

The chin reminds me of Baby Kate too.

And the shape of the mouth, especially the upper lip. And the set of the eyes. All things that tend not to change as much as a person grows.

I'm looking at my blanket right now - the stitching at the edge is identical, as is the pattern. Have the dimensions of the blanket found with Baby been released?

Regarding the blanket she was wrapped in - has only the one photo been released? I know it won't help much, but I am about 90% sure I have an identical one. Being in Australia, this doesn't mean much (it was probably made in China). I bought it from The Reject Shop (a discount dollar type store) a couple of months ago. It was marketed as a pet blanket and they are still in stock.

Walmart was selling them here in the states a couple years ago. I bought three for camping, but they mainly get used as dog blankets on top of their beds.

I've also read posts here that Kmart was selling them too. So any remaining at the end of the season, were probably sold to a liquidator, and ended up in dollar store-type shops anywhere.

ETA I don't think I have seen the dimensions of Baby Doe's zebra blanket published in MSM.

And the shape of the mouth, especially the upper lip. And the set of the eyes. All things that tend not to change as much as a person grows.

Agree. The Baby Kate photo made me gasp a bit when I first saw it, the resemblance was so striking.

This is my issue with the Baby Kate theory (though I don't think ANY missing person should be ruled out without a DNA comparison) -- I don't think Sean Phillips would willingly be put away for up to 15 years if he believed his daughter to be alive and well. Why wouldn't he just be like " I screwed up, she's alive in another state." He'd still be in trouble, but it wouldn't be a murder charge which is what he was facing for a long time. His silence leads me to believe something sinister happened to Baby Kate back in 2011 and he got off easy on the charges by keeping quiet.

Walmart was selling them here in the states a couple years ago. I bought three for camping, but they mainly get used as dog blankets on top of their beds.

I've also read posts here that Kmart was selling them too. So any remaining at the end of the season, were probably sold to a liquidator, and ended up in dollar store-type shops anywhere.

ETA I don't think I have seen the dimensions of Baby Doe's zebra blanket published in MSM.

There was something about the whole blanket, pants, where she was found and when which lead me to think that whomever placed her there may have been on trip, something like this may have happened, propane poisoning http://roadtreking.com/rvers-bigges...ers-biggest-danger-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/. We usually took favorite kids' blankets on trips. Could this have happened during a family vacation, with or without malice?

And if she had perished by accident and not by intent for some reason, which there is no reason to believe, as

- COD has not been determined or released,

- nor how long before she was placed in the water after she was deceased,

whoever it was placed her there may have wanted her far enough where she would not be linked back to them easily, it seems possible.

I recall early on when I first joined WS an experienced sleuther had mentioned that more often than not the generally tendency in a panicked state is to dispose of bodies south of where the perps live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member