MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember a case where a "found child" got this sort of publicity and yet went unrecognized? I certainly can't. That's why I wonder whether the entire community she was a part of might be keeping silent. (For example, parents here illegally, girl died accidentally, and everyone is shutting up so no one gets deported.)

Just found this on my facebook page

11403108_847752245308760_5335715559566210306_n.png

Massachusetts State Police added 4 new photos.
HELP US SPEAK FOR THIS CHILD
On June 25 of this year, the body of a deceased toddler-age girl was found on the western shore of Deer Island in Winthrop. State a...nd local police and the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office continue to try to identify the girl, and are again making an appeal to the public for help. Today, we are releasing a computer-generated composite image of the girl prepared by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. This image depicts what the child may have looked like in life. We are also releasing images of the leggings she was wearing when found, which are white with black polka dots, and of a black and white zebra-stripe blanket found with the child’s body. The girl was approximately four years old at the time of her death, had brown eyes and brown hair, weighed about 30 pounds, and stood about 3½ feet tall.
We ask the public to be alert for any children who seem to have gone missing from their communities, their neighborhoods, schools, summer programs, parks, churches or any other places where people gather. Also, please look around July 4th gatherings – block parties, cookouts, town fireworks displays – and consider whether a child whom you would have expected to see there is now not present.
Anyone with any information about this toddler or who has information about a missing child is urged to call Massachusetts State Police at 508-820-2121 (24-hour number), the Suffolk County State Police Detective Unit at 617-727-8817, or Winthrop Police at 617-539-5806.
Thank you. Please help us speak for this child who can no longer speak for herself

BBM in response to a question about emailing in tips. It appears tips must be phoned in.

Could this girl belong to a Gypsy camp? Are there any in the area or passing through the area?

Could this girl belong to a Gypsy camp? Are there any in the area or passing through the area?

Good question. There are Roma gypsies in North America as well as Irish Travellers. Irish T's are mostly itinerants in the south, but they do travel and could be in the Boston area for work...interesting to read about them, anyway! They guard their ID's to stay under the radar. JMO

Another long shot....saw this on the FB page.....and I think she looks so close to Baby Doe. This little girl is missing from France. A lot of it is written in French, but I translated with Google Translate to see what the story was etc. I found a missing person page for her too.
1625492_554343938024443_3174136995229876399_n.jpg
missing-GetPicture-59187169.jpgmissing-GetPicture-59187170.jpg
10301930_803812452973070_3766758758436663670_n.jpg

http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2014-54732

The FB page I found:
https://www.facebook.com/kidnappingEnfant?pnref=lhc

Looks like the story on this one is that Dad kidnapped her last August, along with his girlfriends (or new wife's) kids. Mom is from Morocco living in France.

Good question. There are Roma gypsies in North America as well as Irish Travellers. Irish T's are mostly itinerants in the south, but they do travel and could be in the Boston area for work...interesting to read about them, anyway! They guard their ID's to stay under the radar. JMO

Yes, it is interesting to read about the Irish T's. It does appear that there may be a settlement of Irish T's in New England according to this:
As for how many Irish Travellers there are in the U.S., no one's sure. Estimates range from 7,000 to 50,000. In addition to the community in Murphy Village, there are concentrations in Texas, near Memphis and in and around New England. Members of these other Irish Traveller communities tend to use trailer parks, some of which they own, as home bases.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...94_1_irish-travellers-nomadic-boston-harbor/2

I've followed a couple of other cases where they've done isotope testing to determine the regions the person has lived in. Any idea if they're looking to do that with our little doe?

I will link a very interesting story.Her baby would now be almost 5.she was last seen getting into a blue car and led a transient life.This was in 2010,and the kicker is....the mother really resembles Baby Doe!

The only way I can see the child's disappearance not being noticed is if it happened simultaneously with the family (or single parent) moving. If a family with few friends/no contact with relatives moves from Boston to say California, no one is going to notice if they have a child when they leave, but don't when they arrive.

Interesting story but I'm thinking it's unlikely to be her baby. She was only halfway through the pregnancy and needed twice daily shots to prevent miscarriage.

Theaw are the theories I feel are plausible.

1. Parent(s) are responsible and are away from friends and family or estranged from them.

2. Parent(s) are also victims and are away from friends and family or estranged from them.

3. Baby Doe is from another country and someone that knows her hasn't seen the photo yet.

4. Baby Doe was born out of the system, therefore not being registered with vital statistics (mother previously kidnapped, runaway, street worker etc.)

5. Someone doesn't realize this child is missing yet - maybe family went on vacation or suppose to go on vacation, family violence, family/friends being told lies about well being, or just don't realize yet.

Anything else I'm missing?

i cant believe this child is still unidentified :( what if she never is?

Theaw are the theories I feel are plausible.

1. Parent(s) are responsible and are away from friends and family or estranged from them.

2. Parent(s) are also victims and are away from friends and family or estranged from them.

3. Baby Doe is from another country and someone that knows her hasn't seen the photo yet.

4. Baby Doe was born out of the system, therefore not being registered with vital statistics (mother previously kidnapped, runaway, street worker etc.)

5. Someone doesn't realize this child is missing yet - maybe family went on vacation or suppose to go on vacation, family violence, family/friends being told lies about well being, or just don't realize yet.

Anything else I'm missing?

There is still the possibility that despite all the publicity, people who would both recognize her and know she's missing haven't seen the photo. Like, Mr. Carbuff hadn't heard about it until last night when I told him. :rolleyes:

i think its possible her face was bloated. they may have overcompensated her cheek size w the drawing.

I also can't get past the amount of baby fat that is depicted in her cheeks. Kids lose the chubbiness in their faces between ages 3-4. I really don't think it's possible at all that Baby Doe is 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle