MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would give us an approximate length of time this baby girl was deceased. If they looked and ruled out 2 missing children from 2011, perhaps Baby Doe isn't a recent "missing" child.

A child who went missing in 2011 might not have been killed/disposed of until recently. From the way police are talking and handling the case, I believe this happened very recently - although whether "very recent" means hours or days I'm not sure. On Nancy Grace, it was stated that there was "moisture" in the bag, but "not soaked" - that certainly would suggest that the bag wasn't in/exposed to the water for long.

i understood it as she was exposed to water but was only dead a few days. the forensic artist said she was in reasonably good condition but there was bloat and water exposure.

A child who went missing in 2011 might not have been killed/disposed of until recently. From the way police are talking and handling the case, I believe this happened very recently - although whether "very recent" means hours or days I'm not sure. On Nancy Grace, it was stated that there was "moisture" in the bag, but "not soaked" - that certainly would suggest that the bag wasn't in/exposed to the water for long.

I'm increasingly wondering whether this might be a child who died accidentally, and parent/parents who were illegal/wanted panicked and disposed of the body. If so, their friends/relatives might know what happened and are staying quiet about it. Note the tweet above where police asks the parent or caregiver of the child to come forward - if someone murdered the child, I can't imagine they'd come forward.

i understood it as she was exposed to water but was only dead a few days. the forensic artist said she was in reasonably good condition but there was bloat and water exposure.

I would guess that at this time of year, with the changing temperatures, there would have been a considerable amount of condensation, regardless of whether/how long the bag was in the water.

true but at least one source has said she was in the water. (besides NG lol)

I would guess that at this time of year, with the changing temperatures, there would have been a considerable amount of condensation, regardless of whether/how long the car was in the water.

People here on WS said they purchased the leggings themselves at Target last fall, so that's rather recent. But, yeah, people buy them at thrift shops too. No argument from me about that. I just think the Circo brand in a recent style leads me to think it's someone who shops at Target. JMO.

A while back, someone posted that the blanket was from target also and came with a matching tote bag. I know this is far fetched, but if marinas are in close proximity, could it be a family traveling by boat or living on a boat. Something possibly happed happened by accident, no real place to call home, so the fact that this child is missing is going unnoticed. Maybe stopped one of the marinas. Nobody would question a large trash at being carried off a boat. No means of transportation, so the person stays along the coast until he/she finds a secluded area.

I kind of doubt that if a kid dies on a yacht, the family is just going to toss her in the water. I guess it's possible, but pretty unlikely.

p.s. here's a map of the area. Deer Island has a view of the airport in east Boston.

Sorry. Didn't see the theory I just posted already on here.

Odd that they distinctly ruled out shoshanna black, born in 1994.

really strange ... that must be an imputting error?

eta: I can't even find that name in google except an actor on a popular show

I just keep hoping for an update here.

This is just too painful to think about this little one and not have anyone care she is missing.

do we know that is where her body was found or is that just as far as that person could reach to place the flowers?

I think the areal view shows the actual forensic site.

Yes. There are well maintained trails/roads there. It's a little rocky when you get off those roads, but it's definitely doable

that's what I was thinking ... they walk the stroller down the path & take sweetheart out when they get to the rocks

I hated typing that

I missed it, but here are tweets about it.

View attachment 77748

Thank you for those.

So, they haven't determined COD yet and are awaiting toxicology reports.

I guess that means we know she didn't drown but was killed before entering the water. They would be able to determine if water were in the lungs from an autopsy, right?

I think the areal view shows the actual forensic site.

where? I don't know how to tell

there's detectives & crime scene tape over a large area

eta: under what looks like a white sheet???

7News Boston ‏@7News 3h3 hours ago
Suffolk DA: Body was "reasonably" intact, had probably been there just a few days. #7News

Suffolk DA: "dozens and dozens" of tips received about Deer Island body. Unknown if the child is from Massachusetts or not. #7News

"If you are the parent or caregiver of this young child, please step forward." - Suffolk DA. #7News

Suffolk DA: Cause of death on child found on Deer Island not determined by autopsy; toxicology results are coming. #7News

Suffolk DA: 20 leads they received required officials to make well-being checks on children, who were all found safe. #7News

Officials: The computer generated image of the child found on Deer Island has been viewed on Facebook 45 million times. #7News

https://twitter.com/7News

mod note: screen shots are not allowed but cut and pastes of reporter/news org tweets are. These are the ones from earlier in the TOS approved form

can anyone speak to why they would not be able to determine COD?

A while back, someone posted that the blanket was from target also and came with a matching tote bag. I know this is far fetched, but if marinas are in close proximity, could it be a family traveling by boat or living on a boat. Something possibly happed happened by accident, no real place to call home, so the fact that this child is missing is going unnoticed. Maybe stopped one of the marinas. Nobody would question a large trash at being carried off a boat. No means of transportation, so the person stays along the coast until he/she finds a secluded area.

Winthrop is a weird place, I am going to attempt to explain it. Most people who live there have family going back generations, they proudly call themselves Townies, everyone knows everyone. The yacht clubs are private, you can't just park in a slip at the piers, or expect the launch to pick you up if you anchor close by. The Public Landing would require a trailer and car to remove your boat from the water. It is a peninsula , two ways in and out. Generally you are going to work or going home, aside from the beach there really is no reason to go there. It really is like a small town in the middle of the country, not greater Boston. It was a great place to grow up, sailing and beaching all summer. Not so great when you are a young professional trying to prepare a dinner for friends. I ran out of tomatoes, ran to the store to get some to finish dinner before I cleaned up. My Uncle Anthony saw me, a mess, called my Mom and asked if I was sick or something. That was it for me, way too close for comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member