GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW claimed the motive was MM penchant for the demonology, RM claimed she only got interested in the dark arts AFTER she met MM. Defence proved RB childhood was steeped in demons.
How can CW claim she is credible witness

Well, the Prosecution can claim RB was a credible witness all they want but I suspect even they know she wasn't.

Have to wonder what the jurors are discussing.

I went back to the thread (#3) when the news broke about Baby Doe being identified and RB and MM being charged. There was a lot of information out then that came out differently in trial. At a news conference announcing the arraignment date, LE said that RB told them MM had repeatedly hit Bella in the stomach. They promised more information at the arraignment.

In court, RB said she saw one blow. Autopsy revealed a bruise on Bella's abdomen, but no internal injuries, so...

Shapiro brought up the fact that Bella was not in her pj's, but was wearing leggings and no top. I'm pretty sure that Bella's hair was also pulled up, because the composite had her hair pulled up too. All of which makes me think that Bella was not killed at bedtime.

There are 8 women on the jury. I have to wonder if more than one of them will pick up on this too.

I have a totally irrational deep disgust for Deakin. He knew all along what a liar RB is.

When I first saw MM on camera at the bond hearing or the arraignment, he was wildly unkempt and looked totally out of it. I don't think I knew then that he had surgery. I automatically assumed he had murdered little Bella. I shouldn't have.

OTOH, I also looked at RB and she looked so totally evil that I just cringed. I was sure at that point that she had murdered little Bella along with MM.

Now I think that if MM had anything to do with it, it was in helping dispose of the body. Bottom line is there is no evidence of that either and I do not feel he should be found guilty in this trial.

I also so deeply resent RB getting away with what she has done. Little Bella will never have the justice she deserves.

O/T: Got to check on the weather here in Louisiana.

I'm only up to day 12 of the trial, and I just read through you guys' copied tweets of the closing arguments.

One thing that bothers me is that both sides alluded to things that I have not seen presented in testimony?

I found the prosecutor's closing arguments steeped in false allegations ....that MM said something when in fact it was that Sprinsky said MM said that thing, which is totally different.

I found, from the tweets, Shapiro's closing to be powerful and reflect closest my own feelings on the case.

I found the prosecution's closing, from the tweets, to be mostly based on the emotion of a dead child, so therefore you have to convict the person who's on trial.

I can't believe how the prosecutor is making excuses for RB and all her inconsistencies!

Having said that, I still feel I don't have a clear explanation for everything. I agree with Steleheart, though I haven't watched trials before, the medical and forensic evidence feels sorely lacking in presentation and depth of analysis.

I'm currently watching the testimony about the phone pings in the rough area of the reserve channel, and watching it I've been wondering why they're even bothering with it. I think it's a massive stretch to say that McCarthy went there the day after Bella was found to see if police had figured out the dump site? But I also found those maps and testimony to be virtually valueless for the jury as they were overly complicated and so limited in showing travel and communication patterns for MM and RB.

Going back to what the prosecutor said about RB doing sit-ups...Sprinsky was talking about a pink dumbell, not those huge weights! The pink dumbell would be completely appropriate for sit-ups...those weights obviously would not!

Predictions of when jury will be back with a verdict?

I'll say by this Friday the 23rd.... right after lunch! :) They do have to look at all the jury instructions, maybe some of the evidence, I would think.... to make it "look good".

Also, I think the foreman will be that Defense Attorney on the jury panel.

Okay jurors....

:waiting:

Let's see if the tweets work correctly today. I'm posting this one because it has the hours so far the jurors have deliberated.

[video=twitter;877509639071555586]https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston/status/877509639071555586[/video]

I'm just hoping the verdict comes in when I'm up! Does anyone know "how much time" they will give everyone to get in the court room for verdict? I don't recall anyone saying or tweeting?

TIA! :wave:

:rose: JUSTICE for BELLA!! :rose:

I totally agree.Also

RB lied about the fridge imo
MM led her to believe in the dark arts
Claimed MM dictated her bizarre journal entries
MM held her almost hostage so she could not speak out
Welcomed JA back into her life as she now would have a confident although she didn't say a word until she realised she had no choice
Claimed MM encouraged her to disconnect her cable because of some kind of conspiracy/demon theory and yet its clear it was a money saving exercise/could no longer afford it
Claimed not have known about Baby Doe as she has no TV and yet admitted to using FB and the internet
..and the list goes on
She has tried her utmost to pin the murder on MM but nothing she has claimed stands in any truth
I really hope the Jury decide she is a liar and her plea bargain gets squashed.
If that happens and she is charged with Bella's murder I predict she will throw Sprinksy under a bus

SueG, RB doth protest too much when in fact she is guilty.

Niner, I don't recall the judge or anyone else stating how much time in-between the jury announcing they had a verdict and the verdict being read.

Depends on Judge Ratchett I guess!

Have to wonder what the jurors are discussing.

I went back to the thread (#3) when the news broke about Baby Doe being identified and RB and MM being charged. There was a lot of information out then that came out differently in trial. At a news conference announcing the arraignment date, LE said that RB told them MM had repeatedly hit Bella in the stomach. They promised more information at the arraignment.

In court, RB said she saw one blow. Autopsy revealed a bruise on Bella's abdomen, but no internal injuries, so...

Shapiro brought up the fact that Bella was not in her pj's, but was wearing leggings and no top. I'm pretty sure that Bella's hair was also pulled up, because the composite had her hair pulled up too. All of which makes me think that Bella was not killed at bedtime.

There are 8 women on the jury. I have to wonder if more than one of them will pick up on this too.

I watched a video on YouTube about a totally different case once, and it was an interview with a guy whose expertise is in teasing out the truthfulness/or otherwise of statements. That doesn't make me an expert, but parts of it have stuck with me.

I think, from what Shapiro said about the outfit, that maybe RB was trying to put Bella down for a nap? And in RB's words from Amoroso's testimony, "Bella was being a *****". We (though the jury haven't) have seen the birthday video, we can get a feel for RB's mothering skills that is very different from what RB presented of herself on the stand. I can easily imagine RB getting annoyed with Bella not behaving as desired by RB and it ending up in Bella's death, either by smothering or by a hand on the chest restricting movement of the diaphragm.

I feel that MM could easily be put off by excuses as to where Bella was and wouldn't ask too many questions...then when he did notice that Bella hadn't been around for a while I think it would be easy for RB to fob him off by saying DCF ordered Bella to go live elsewhere.

I still have a problem with the weights. I keep coming back to RB's testimony about never having gone down to that part of the plumbing shop until after Bella's death/after the body was found. But also the way RB said that when she did go down to that basement she saw the weights and they looked so similar to the ones she said she'd seen in the back of the car with Bella's body. I can imagine that if she'd got hold of some weights from somewhere that seeing the weights in the basement would feel like all her Christmases had come at once and her plan to put it onto MM had really come together with some hard evidence pointing toward him and not her? But on the other hand the rusty weight did look very similar to one of the ones from the basement.

Trying to think of the actual weights. I don't see the 10lb one as being a problem. The 25lb is heavy but not impossible. For me the combined 10+25+Bella's weight would be at the upper end of my ability to heft something around with difficulty, not lifting it too high off a surface or for more than ten or so steps. But I consider myself pretty weak when it comes to weights. I doubt I could lift that weight from a car and over a seawall...I'd have to at least have the car trunk/boot open and next to the seawall, heft onto the wall, then nudge it over the top. Could the tidal action then move the bag with the weights approx 8 feet away from the wall? I'm guessing it probably could. I would say that points slightly more to a male's involvement, but isn't heavy enough to rule out a female working alone.

I totally agree.Also

RB lied about the fridge imo
MM led her to believe in the dark arts
Claimed MM dictated her bizarre journal entries
MM held her almost hostage so she could not speak out
Welcomed JA back into her life as she now would have a confident although she didn't say a word until she realised she had no choice
Claimed MM encouraged her to disconnect her cable because of some kind of conspiracy/demon theory and yet its clear it was a money saving exercise/could no longer afford it
Claimed not have known about Baby Doe as she has no TV and yet admitted to using FB and the internet
..and the list goes on
She has tried her utmost to pin the murder on MM but nothing she has claimed stands in any truth
I really hope the Jury decide she is a liar and her plea bargain gets squashed.
If that happens and she is charged with Bella's murder I predict she will throw Sprinksy under a bus

I can imagine she found his ravings so fascinating that she wanted to write them down, and the diary was a convenient place to keep them?

We've definitely heard enough testimony that MM was not holding her hostage and she was free to go wherever she wanted. MM sent those texts where he sounded suspicious, but it didn't seem that he actually *had* control over her, even if he sometimes wanted it (presumably to ensure she wasn't getting high without him).

We had posts on here during the first few months after Baby Doe was found of posters in stores/store windows....RB went shopping, and I find it hard to believe she didn't come across one poster and have it catch her eye? For an innocent person, wouldn't that help them find the courage to give the hotline a call?

In the audio of the police questioning MM in the hospital, he said a woman named Kathleen was his girlfriend? And in earlier testimony about the phones it was mentioned that a woman named Kathleen had handed over MM's phone and her own phone to the police.

Who is this "Kathleen"?

Did MM's father appear on the stand? I remember him being asked to leave the court on day 1 along with MM's brother and Joe Amoroso, but I haven't yet seen McCarthy Sr on the stand?

[video=twitter;877541520043376645]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/877541520043376645[/video]

[video=twitter;877546076483530752]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/877546076483530752[/video]

I wonder why Shapiro in closing didn't bring up when Sprinsky testified that RB one night was spanking Bella hard and yelling at her asking why she had demons in her. I watched closing twice to see if he brought it up and he did not. He also didn't bring up her journal about missing kids being taken by demons. I also was baffled why Defense didn't bring into evidence Bella's 2 yr Birthday party video where RB was clearly high on crack and yelled at Bella.

[video=twitter;877541520043376645]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/877541520043376645[/video]

[video=twitter;877546076483530752]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/877546076483530752[/video]

Did anything else happen? My live feed isn't showing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar