GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here some entertainment while verdict waiting. This is the jury field trip. Including both attorneys and the judge.

They visit different places in the case such as Deer Island where Bella was found. McCarthy plumbing shop, the apt, etc.

I think that all hate each other.

https://youtu.be/Q8gJIiYhr8Y

So, did I miss something?

When the news first broke about the fridge, news reports said there was a positive hit by cadaver sniffing dogs. Did this not come out in trial?

So was the fridge story another lie?

I'm not sure when Bond backed off her May 29th date...that is the date Deakin used at the arraignment. As Shapiro pointed out, MMs car was being repaired so the date did not work. Shapiro should have made this stronger at closing.

So, did I miss something?

When the news first broke about the fridge, news reports said there was a positive hit by cadaver sniffing dogs. Did this not come out in trial?

So was the fridge story another lie?

I'm not sure when Bond backed off her May 29th date...that is the date Deakin used at the arraignment. As Shapiro pointed out, MMs car was being repaired so the date did not work. Shapiro should have made this stronger at closing.

good point gcharlie...
How can the date of the murder change from one date to an unknown date by the star witness. How can she get a deal based on a May 29th date, but then change her mind on the date to unknown and that NOT impact her deal. It should surely change her plea deal because she has now changed her story...

Article after January 2016 hearing for RB.

No mention of a fridge. Also note that time of Bella's death has changed...no longer May 29, now "late May to June".

BOSTON NEWS - MASSLIVE.COM
Rachelle Bond, mother of murdered toddler Bella Bond, held on $1 million cash bail

Updated on March 17, 2016 at 4:34 PM Posted on January 6, 2016 at 11:30 AM
Gallery: Bella Bond, aka Baby Doe
shares
BY SHIRA SCHOENBERG
BOSTON - Rachelle Bond, the mother of murdered two-and-a-half-year-old Bella Bond, is being held in jail on $1 million cash bail after her arraignment Wednesday on charges of larceny and being an accessory after the fact to her daughter's murder.
[...]

Rachelle Bond, 40, of Dorchester, was charged with being an accessory after the fact and with larceny, for accepting around $1,400 in welfare benefits intended for Bella after Bella's death.

According to prosecutors, Bond and McCarthy were in Bond's Dorchester apartment one night in late May or early June, and Bella was resisting going to bed. Bond sent McCarthy into Bella's bedroom to calm her down. After hearing nothing from the room, Bond want in.

"She discovered her child prone on bed or floor and Mr. McCarthy half kneeling, half standing over her," Deakin said.
[...]
http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2016/01/rachelle_bond_mother_of_murder_1.html

Amonet said:
In the audio of the police questioning MM in the hospital, he said a woman named Kathleen was his girlfriend? And in earlier testimony about the phones it was mentioned that a woman named Kathleen had handed over MM's phone and her own phone to the police.
Who is this "Kathleen"?

I'd like to know "who" Kathleen is too!!?? I thought for sure Shapiro would call a witness
by that name.... :dunno:

So - what was the jury light for? Lunch??
bulbar-smiley.gif

It is 1pm there - well now it's 1:25pm....

So :waiting: over here!

It has to be today. What part of "beyond reasonable doubt" wouldn't they understand. There's mountains of doubt. They surely can't choose involuntary manslaughter, there's just zero evidence. None. That would be pure speculation.

Well The Judge in this case left no option that would include "reasonable doubt."

Her instructions were clearly framed to include all options regardless of the burden of proof or even the original charges or the plea agreement.. It's as if she instructed ' no matter what you think happened and if the Commonwealth did not meet their burden of proof there are many, many options. Any one or combination could mean a guilty verdict. Pretend you are not sworn but just regular observers - if this was your child.
' Guilty is what WE want and with [some kind of outside pressure] You are sworn to [convict someone].'

'Some people may think we want justice but in all reality all we want is someone [besides the drug addicted, convicted, prostituting, check cashing, manipulating, abusive mother who lost her other children and every "man-friend" she ever used], to pay. He MUST Pay - something!'

Gov. Baker has not fixed the DCF system besides his political posturing and slight changes. Nope. These two are in CYA mode because Bella caused a stir and more pressure on the Gov.

Someone has to pay and 3 people are first on the list.

One of them is not the patsy on trial.

IMO Mistrial is the only way to reopen the door toward Justice for Bella.

JMO

Article after January 2016 hearing for RB.

No mention of a fridge. Also note that time of Bella's death has changed...no longer May 29, now "late May to June".

BOSTON NEWS - MASSLIVE.COM
Rachelle Bond, mother of murdered toddler Bella Bond, held on $1 million cash bail

Updated on March 17, 2016 at 4:34 PM Posted on January 6, 2016 at 11:30 AM
Gallery: Bella Bond, aka Baby Doe
shares
BY SHIRA SCHOENBERG
BOSTON - Rachelle Bond, the mother of murdered two-and-a-half-year-old Bella Bond, is being held in jail on $1 million cash bail after her arraignment Wednesday on charges of larceny and being an accessory after the fact to her daughter's murder.

[...]

Rachelle Bond, 40, of Dorchester, was charged with being an accessory after the fact and with larceny, for accepting around $1,400 in welfare benefits intended for Bella after Bella's death.

According to prosecutors, Bond and McCarthy were in Bond's Dorchester apartment one night in late May or early June, and Bella was resisting going to bed. Bond sent McCarthy into Bella's bedroom to calm her down. After hearing nothing from the room, Bond want in.

"She discovered her child prone on bed or floor and Mr. McCarthy half kneeling, half standing over her," Deakin said.

[...]

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2016/01/rachelle_bond_mother_of_murder_1.html
RB Arraigned 31 times. What about the zebra blanket and quilt she wrapped Bella in. Only a mother would do that. It figures she failed to mention that

Well The Judge in this case left no option that would include "reasonable doubt."

Her instructions were clearly framed to include all options regardless of the burden of proof or even the original charges or the plea agreement.. It's as if she instructed ' no matter what you think happened and if the Commonwealth did not meet their burden of proof there are many, many options. Any one or combination could mean a guilty verdict. Pretend you are not sworn but just regular observers - if this was your child.
' Guilty is what WE want and with [some kind of outside pressure] You are sworn to [convict someone].'

'Some people may think we want justice but in all reality all we want is someone [besides the drug addicted, convicted, prostituting, check cashing, manipulating, abusive mother who lost her other children and every "man-friend" she ever used], to pay. He MUST Pay - something!'

Gov. Baker has not fixed the DCF system besides his political posturing and slight changes. Nope. These two are in CYA mode because Bella caused a stir and more pressure on the Gov.

Someone has to pay and 3 people are first on the list.

One of them is not the patsy on trial.

JMO

WOW! :goodpost:

Hi everyone,
Sorry to jump in the conversation midstream, just wondering if anyone has found a reliable up to date twitter, or other source for the verdict watch.
I have been struggling to find one since yesterday.
TIA

Hi everyone,
Sorry to jump in the conversation midstream, just wondering if anyone has found a reliable up to date twitter, or other source for the verdict watch.
I have been struggling to find one since yesterday.
TIA

Hi! I've been watching these two (leaving tabs open):
https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston

https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

they've been following the trial, so I believe they'll tweet something if it happens...

JMO

Steleheart, REALLY? Knowing nothing about the law (just love following trials) could that be POSSIBLE?

If this Jury comes back with a MISTRIAL ... would that open the door for RB?

If you say YES, I am so praying for a MISTRIAL then. Because RB's arse belongs behind bars for life.

#Justice #For #Bella

Steleheart, REALLY? Knowing nothing about the law (just love following trials) could that be POSSIBLE?

If this Jury comes back with a MISTRIAL ... would that open the door for RB?

If you say YES, I am so praying for a MISTRIAL then. Because RB's arse belongs behind bars for life.

I was DISGUSTED yesterday when I saw that SELFIE of RB living her life, being silly, sticking her tongue out, big giant sunglasses on.
Just weeks after she killed her baby doll. What a DISGRACE she is.

#Justice #For #Bella

I didn't see them go into the timestamp on that photo, but I got the impression that it was taken just after she bought the phone (with Sprinsky hanging out with her at the time) and just prior to her telling Sprinsky that Bella was dead?

It's weird. She wanted the phone so she could communicate with Amoroso, because she wanted to tell him what had happened after the events of the previous night when Amoroso knocked on the apartment door and RB and Amoroso chatted in the stairwell and then on the porch. Yet she looks relaxed and happy in that selfie.

What do we think happened to the "D" cellphone? And why were no drugs paraphernalia found in the apartment?

ETA I also agree that I am hoping for whatever result will get RB put on trial for murder.

If it wasnt for the fact the court could be about to let a deranged killer back out onto the streets this whole case would be laughable imo

I didn't see them go into the timestamp on that photo, but I got the impression that it was taken just after she bought the phone (with Sprinsky hanging out with her at the time) and just prior to her telling Sprinsky that Bella was dead?

It's weird. She wanted the phone so she could communicate with Amoroso, because she wanted to tell him what had happened after the events of the previous night when Amoroso knocked on the apartment door and RB and Amoroso chatted in the stairwell and then on the porch. Yet she looks relaxed and happy in that selfie.

What do we think happened to the "D" cellphone? And why were no drugs paraphernalia found in the apartment?

ETA I also agree that I am hoping for whatever result will get RB put on trial for murder.

She disposed of 'any' incriminating evidence when she went back to her apartment, then climbing out the window when the police came. She told Joey she was going back to take a shower and didn't invite him to come along.

You are right ... I did not hear of or saw a timestamp either ... so my post stating "weeks after Bella was murdered" ... I should EDIT.

Thanks, Amonet!

I have a feeling it will be Friday. I think it's going to be hung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knotty70