GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a part in there where Megan Fewtrell, the godmother of Bella, said that she thinks it was Rachelle who wrapped Bella in blankets, and also she thinks Rachelle threw Bella into the water.

I saw her reaction after the verdict. She was right behind MM visibly upset and shaking her head no!

I don't think Shapiro did enough to show what a manipulating and controlling person RB is. Her own family stated that. She was not intimidated by MM, she ran the show. I also think it was a mistake not to have MM take the stand and tell his side, even if he implicated himself in helping dispose of her body.

The defense questioned RB on an incident where RB went to her sister's place to help fight off a man...given what the sister said in an interview after Bella was identified it would have been good, maybe, to have her say those things on the stand so the jury got to hear more about what kind of person RB is from someone who really knows.

I don't know about MM testifying though. Shapiro tried to raise doubts that the library books were his, and I think under oath MM would have to admit they were his (and maybe that he took them without a library card, though I don't know that for certain).

MM would probably have been made mincemeat of by the DA asking him about demons and conspiracies.

I would have liked to have MM on the stand to explain exactly how Bella 'disappeared' from daily life, and also the parts of the interview with the police that didn't make sense to a lot of people.

I'm curious if there's a reason why the blankets weren't brought up by Shapiro when he cross-questioned Rachelle? That wasn't brought up until later during the questioning of Amoroso, and I would like to have had it put straight to RB that it's a very 'mother-like' touch. Those blankets say (to me) she at least had a much greater part in the cover-up.

Argument breaks out at Deer Island vigil for Bella Bond

"Durant accused Michael Sprinsky, who was present, of being complicit in the death as part of McCarthy’s circle. Sprinsky is a friend of McCarthy’s who came forward in 2015 to identify the child for police. Durant’s claim led to a shouting match and her departure.

“I’m here for Bella, and I just want to see justice,” Sprinsky, 37, said in an interview a short time later. “She was a big part of me getting my life together.”

I know the entire circle were addicts. MS struck me as genuine. If it weren't for him this child would still be "Baby Doe."

He did the next right thing - he called his sister who was the only right thinking person he knew.

I am beyond words. I can't imagine how this group of men and women arrived at a verdict based on the evidence presented. There wasn't any evidence.

JMO

I thought MS was genuine also but I think he fell under RBs "spell" and believed her story. Maybe he had a thing with her while living in her apartment...who knows! Apparently with the jury majority being men, they believed her somehow also!

This is utterly terrifying for every innocent person charged with a crime based on someone else's word.
Utterly terrifying.

I thought MS was genuine also but I think he fell under RBs "spell" and believed her story. Maybe he had a thing with her while living in her apartment...who knows! Apparently with the jury majority being mean, they believed her somehow also!

I have no idea what may have transpired in her relationship with him. But I Do know from the facts of the case, that if MM was such an overbearing and fearful threat, that once he was in the hospital it was not a factor. She did not call the police. She spoke with MS and JA instead. All under her spell.

It was all part of her [ongoing] spell. LE fell under it, the DA fell under it and then the jury fell under it.

All JMO but, well, I need to go fishing and relax.

I noticed a part in there where Megan Fewtrell, the godmother of Bella, said that she thinks it was Rachelle who wrapped Bella in blankets, and also she thinks Rachelle threw Bella into the water.

OMG OMG .... there were days I was away and missed the trial, did MF, the Godmother testify to that? Was she a credible witness?

This is sickening. Just horrible. Because RB sat on the stand and said MM did it all.

Does anyone think, now that we have the Verdict that MM should have testified?

This is utterly terrifying for every innocent person charged with a crime based on someone else's word.
Utterly terrifying.

This gave me shivers. And to add to that not even a creditable persons word. ****shivers****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought MS was genuine also but I think he fell under RBs "spell" and believed her story. Maybe he had a thing with her while living in her apartment...who knows! Apparently with the jury majority being mean, they believed her somehow also!

LOL I was gonna blame the women, :facepalm:
But we know the blame lies with the baby's mother.

8 women;
Jury finds Michael McCarthy guilty in case of Bella Bond murder

"The jury of eight women and four men returned their verdict just minutes after coming into the courtroom to begin a 24th hour of deliberations"

LawNewz Network @LawNewzNetwork
·
2m

#BellaBond - Rachelle Bond's sentencing changed to tomorrow morning. She'll be sentenced to time served followed by probation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cclawnewz?lang=en

This makes me feel sick. How happy she must be right now.

Isn't it dangerous when prisoners are set to be released??! Not wishing any harm because I'm just not like that but just saying..... Wonder if she is under protection this evening.

WOW, the comments on this are exactly like WE all feel.

I so hope Shapiro gets the Appeal.

I think the appeal is automatic in a life sentence - I need to check. I cannot see it not going to a new trial based on the lack of evidence alone.

OMG OMG .... there were days I was away and missed the trial, did MF, the Godmother testify to that? Was she a credible witness?

This is sickening. Just horrible. Because RB sat on the stand and said MM did it all.

She did not testify! Unfortunately, I think the defense just thought there wasn't enough evidence and they would win the case! They only needed to prove reasonable doubt, which was there! Unfortunately, the jury didn't see it that way. I am starting to believe they think "someone" needed to be responsible and he was the only one on trial, so....

Isn't it dangerous when prisoners are set to be released??! Not wishing any harm because I'm just not like that but just saying..... Wonder if she is under protection this evening.

She will remain in custody until her own sentencing which may not happen if there is an automatic appeal. If so her plea agreement is dependent on her truthfulness and cooperation in her testimony or any ongoing investigation. IMO but she can have it ripped out from under at any time if she is found to have been untruthful.

"Bond pleaded guilty in February to being an accessory after the fact to murder and larceny for cashing $1,300 in state welfare checks she continued to receive to help care for her child after the death. Now that the trial has concluded, she will be sentenced at a future date."
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo..._mccarthy_guilty_in_case_of_bella_bond_murder

LOL I was gonna blame the women, :facepalm:
But we know the blame lies with the baby's mother.

8 women;
Jury finds Michael McCarthy guilty in case of Bella Bond murder

"The jury of eight women and four men returned their verdict just minutes after coming into the courtroom to begin a 24th hour of deliberations"

So stupid, of course I knew that but when I was watching 7 news, they said it in reverse!

I'm going to log off now and regroup!��

This is interesting...I might have to take a ride to Framingham tomorrow! Does anyone know once she leaves court will she be released or does she have to go back to the prison first? Just asking.....

Unless I missed some testimony, Fewtrell wasn't even on the stand. She said those things after the trial, not during it.

I don't understand why she wasn't called to testify as to what Bella's life was like before MM entered the scene.

Ugh. I wish he'd shown more interest while she was alive.

There were no cameras on him back then. Even after he found out Bella was murdered and tossed in the harbor he still did nothing,. He has only self interest.
In fact it would not be a stretch to charge him with accessory as well.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member