GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find it either. Anyone have the juror interview?

you know I think Shapiro half expected this after the change up in charges at the last minute and inclusion of lessers...I think that is why he just simply lost control with the judge. It was hard to watch an entire case where a defense attorney was treated the way he was and the rulings of any import just kept going against him but that last deal with cw getting those in just was too much. I so hoped the jury would see it the way most of us did and that justice would prevail. I wonder how his father is doing?

So the defense attorney seated as a judge agreed to the guilty verdict.
I'm at a loss.

i found her comments interesting and she seemed to know a lot about what happened or so she thinks or did someone talk to her? When asked where she met RB she did not want to say so we are left to assume another druggie that she met on the street...so hard with all of these people to get even a small bit of truth. I think she said something about Bella being Japanese????

She didn't mean that Bella was Japanese but that she had more of that kind of appearance with dark eyes, straight fine dark hair, and olive skin, whereas the photofit image had brown slightly curly hair and very fair white skin.

I thought it very strange to say that it would be like RB to throw Bella into the water? In what way would it be like something she'd do?

I'm absolutely shocked at the verdict. I truly thought with the evidence they had MM would be not guilty or a hung jury. Add to that the statement that her testimony had the ring of truth? I can't believe it did he hear the same woman speaking? I really hope Sharpio fights this or someone like Katherine Zellner appeals for M.M she's pretty good at showing alternative theories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

She didn't mean that Bella was Japanese but that she had more of that kind of appearance with dark eyes, straight fine dark hair, and olive skin, whereas the photofit image had brown slightly curly hair and very fair white skin.

I thought it very strange to say that it would be like RB to throw Bella into the water? In what way would it be like something she'd do?

I find saying Bella looks Japanese a bizarre statement......just not true.

Can you imagine MM if indeed the murder went down as we think is thinking sitting in jail probably knowing that she will be walking tomorrow. I mean this is one of the worst deals I have seen.

I'm absolutely shocked at the verdict. I truly thought with the evidence they had MM would be not guilty or a hung jury. Add to that the statement that her testimony had the ring of truth? I can't believe it did he hear the same woman speaking? I really hope Sharpio fights this or someone like Katherine Zellner appeals for M.M she's pretty good at showing alternative theories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's like Deakin didn't even listen to Shapiro's cross-examination of RB!

She was telling such a different story from that told in her police interview. And Deakin said MM had months to come up with a story before he was interviewed by police -- so did RB!! If RB was prepared for her 'confession' and still couldn't get her story straight with the right date, and whether or not the bedroom was dark or light, or whether or not she saw MM strike Bella....RB comes across as tightening up her story to better throw suspicion on MM. MM just sounded clueless.

I also have some doubts about Sprinksky's testimony. I think he did feel totally and utterly betrayed by what RB told him. Even he agreed that RB's demeanor on the day she 'confessed' to him didn't seem quite right for someone telling this story and spilling her soul (then add on that selfie she took with that cellphone!).

But I think in 90% of these cases it is the male boyfriend/father who's actually committed the murder, while the female was drugged, drunk, out of the house, etc. So maybe we have a tendency to believe that story that Bassil came up with of the poor battered woman who was so in love with this guy that she even went along with this as he was so controlling and so convincing in his threats.

There's really not a lot here, other than that story, to scream that this is another of those 9/10 cases where a boyfriend/father beats a child to death. And very few of those women do cover up after they discover what's happened...there are some that do, but the ones I'm thinking of are very different from RB.

I'm not even sure about this story of the closet now. If I was inclined to I'd listen to RB's testimony again, but didn't she say that Bella used to hide in that closet and that's why she put a cord on the door to close it? Are we absolutely sure that MM didn't take the cord off to get something from the closet, Bella goes in there, maybe while his back is turned, and then freaks out when she can't get out again?

We heard a story of RB's previous boyfriend getting involved in toilet training Bella, and RB felt this was going too far for a boyfriend, hues of child abuse, and the man is gone within a few days.

If RB knew MM was locking Bella into a closet, why wasn't he gone that fast?

I think it was RB who had the psychotic break, not MM. She'd been listening to all his conspiracy theories, things she'd never really been exposed to before but which felt true to her. They explained her life with the dark shadow hanging over her -- it was other people's fault, not hers! They were scary, terrifying stories of a world in which you'd be worried about bringing up a child.

If RB was a single mother, I can imagine her doing what that Scottish woman did and taking the child out and disposing of the body, then crying that someone stole her child...it wasn't her. But RB had MM to pin it on.

Yes, the weights and the vehicle to transport the body worry me. I would like to hear from MM if RB ever left the house during the dark hours and had a chance to take his car keys (after he'd shot up)? Could he have been daft enough to grab those weights for RB thinking he was doing her a favor to help her strengthen her body? RB admitted that he was bothered by her picking up Bella and causing herself pain from that surgery. If he was into weightlifting in his younger years, then he shouldn't have picked those weights...that's the downside to that theory. And why pick up that horrible rusty one that no one would want to touch when there were cleaner looking weights there?

The DA's comments that the evidence corroborated RB's story ... I just didn't see it. DA specifically mentioned the text messages and the weights. The texts were iffy at best - certainly not conclusive, and the weights I would have disregarded as a juror. MM's brother testified that he helped MM move some stuff into RB's apartment and the weights were part of that. He struck me as a credible witness. So much reasonable doubt here.

So the defense attorney seated as a judge agreed to the guilty verdict.
I'm at a loss.

Sorry, I meant to say the defense attorney seated as a "juror" (not judge) went along with the guilty verdict. This is who I want to hear from!

Hey!
Okay - still reading.... but had a few comments before going to the next page.

This is exactly what has been going through my mind. She will likely have another child so that she's not homeless.

Hopefully not, I do believe she is 41 years old?

Argument breaks out at Deer Island vigil for Bella Bond

"Durant accused Michael Sprinsky, who was present, of being complicit in the death as part of McCarthy’s circle. Sprinsky is a friend of McCarthy’s who came forward in 2015 to identify the child for police. Durant’s claim led to a shouting match and her departure.

“I’m here for Bella, and I just want to see justice,” Sprinsky, 37, said in an interview a short time later. “She was a big part of me getting my life together.”

But it was SA who phoned in the evidence on July 13th. I didn't like that guy....

I noticed a part in there where Megan Fewtrell, the godmother of Bella, said that she thinks it was Rachelle who wrapped Bella in blankets, and also she thinks Rachelle threw Bella into the water.

And why didn't the defense call this lady - or did I miss it....

Am I allowed to post a comment from a local news facebook page? If not if you go to this link and read the comments, there is one interesting one from a potential witness...SA

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155538841729445&id=68174059444&__tn__=*s

Wish she had said that on the stand! :eek:hwow:

LawNewz Network @LawNewzNetwork
·
2m

#BellaBond - Rachelle Bond's sentencing changed to tomorrow morning. She'll be sentenced to time served followed by probation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cclawnewz?lang=en

So, if I stay on this link ^^ I'll be able to see the tweets? TIA!

BUF said:
I wonder if they will stream her sentencing...
Bond will appear in Suffolk Superior Court for the Tuesday morning sentencing, which is set to take place sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.

Thanks for posting this BUF! So, :thinking: that will be between 4pm and 5pm my time. Setting my alarm to see if anyone found a live stream!

BUF said:
Can't wait to hear this!
(Juror Interview)

Yes!! Someone MUST post a link to this!

gcharlie said:
snipped by me...
Anyone familiar with probation violations in MA and how the plea deal figures in?

I too was wondering "what" her probation agreement says! Stay off drugs? Big chance there! Get a job? Will this all be discussed at this hearing today?

turaj said:
sounds like reasonable doubt to me...i am even more shocked at the foreperson was an attorney.

Do we "know" that the foreperson WAS the attorney?? It was a female when asked about the verdict. Not saying a woman can't be an attorney.... :facepalm:

Oh - thanks for the link to the "dismissed" juror. Now would like to hear from a "real" juror! :D

Will be back in about 5 or so hours - need to see this sentencing!

Can you imagine if MM speaks at his sentencing and admitted killing Bella. That would shock us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello-Smiley-Good-Morning-wg0180853.gif

link

New thread is ready for posting. Start transferring over to the new thread :computer: This thread will close in 10 minutes.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-dead-Deer-Island-Boston-Harbor-June-2015-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54