GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;876828496072515584]https://twitter.com/crystalhaynes/status/876828496072515584[/video]

So much for an impartial judge. This case, from beginning to end, is bass ackwards.

[video=twitter;876829052052557824]https://twitter.com/LawNewzNetwork/status/876829052052557824[/video]

Lets hope the jury has common sense. there is no way I would believed RB.

I don't want RB to get that plea deal, with the added manslaughter charge it's another opportunity for that deal to stick and get a conviction for MM.

So here we are... an entire 14 day trial without any actual evidence against MM, no circumstantial evidence either. Judge denies the motion to throw out the charges based on zero evidence and instead adds another possible charge which again there is ZERO evidence of. IMOO what the heck is going on?

So here we are... an entire 14 day trial without any actual evidence against MM, no circumstantial evidence either. Judge denies the motion to throw out the charges based on zero evidence and instead adds another possible charge which again there is ZERO evidence of. IMOO what the heck is going on?

The judge obviously has sympathy towards RB, she probably believes MM is guilty and knows there is not enough evidence for murder and she doesn't like Shapiro....only explanation I can think of. I just hope the jury sees through all the bs!

The judge obviously has sympathy towards RB, she probably believes MM is guilty and knows there is not enough evidence for murder and she doesn't like Shapiro....only explanation I can think of. I just hope the jury sees through all the bs!

Me too BostonMom! I think almost ALL of us on here HOPE that!!

:rose: JUSTICE for BELLA! :rose:

How can she have sympathy for a heroin addicted mother with three kids taken away by DCF and one killed and then lied on the stand? I'm scratching my head on that one.

Oh and continued to fraudulently received payments for Bella and selling her free RX medication for money.

I wonder if judge has some ties to family members, relatives etc. that plea deal just doesn't sit right with me.

Was RB only interrogated that one time for 45 minutes?

Was RB only interrogated that one time for 45 minutes?

That's what the news is reporting.

But she was probably deposed by both sides after her plea deal and prior to taking the stand.

How can she have sympathy for a heroin addicted mother with three kids taken away by DCF and one killed and then lied on the stand? I'm scratching my head on that one.

Oh and continued to fraudulently received payments for Bella and selling her free RX medication for money.

I wonder if judge has some ties to family members, relatives etc. that plea deal just doesn't sit right with me.

Ok...don't bite my head off! Sorry, I feel the same way you do. I honestly don't understand it either. Is it normal to add another charge at the end of a trial? I don't know but I'm not happy with it and don't understand why the judge would do it, unless she sees things differently???

Ok...don't bite my head off! Sorry, I feel the same way you do. I honestly don't understand it either. Is it normal to add another charge at the end of a trial? I don't know but I'm not happy with it and don't understand why the judge would do it, unless she sees things differently???

No one is going to bite your head off!

Yes, many time jury instructions will have 'lesser includeds'. I agree with Shapiro's argument that involuntary manslaughter should not be added as the CW charged MM with first degree murder due to RB's statement that she said he said 'it was her time to die, she was a demon'. The CW had nothing in there that Bella died unintentionally. I can't believe this judge is allowing this.

No one is going to bite your head off!

Yes, many time jury instructions will have 'lesser includeds'. I agree with Shapiro's argument that involuntary manslaughter should not be added as the CW charged MM with first degree murder due to RB's statement that she said he said 'it was her time to die, she was a demon'. The CW had nothing in there that Bella died unintentionally. I can't believe this judge is allowing this.

I know this is so frustrating. How can she add that since in his opening he said it was intentional?

Unfortunately, I think that adding this other charge implies to the jury that the judge believes this is what MM should be charged with. MOO

It's really going to come down to closing arguments.

The case hinges on whether or not the jury believes any or all of RB's testimony, because without her testimony, there is no case.

Shapiro has to hammer that home in his closing. And he also has to point out to the jury the lack of logic in them being able to consider the lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter. Either you believe RB or not. How can you believe a woman who now cannot remember the day her child died, but previously gave a date in May? How can you believe her story of MM punching Bella in the stomach, when she originally told LE much different information, such as the light on, light off, that she could not see what MM was doing? And even if you wanted to believe RB, the autopsy report does not support what she has said to you the jury.

I wish Shapiro had a stronger voice and more commanding style in the courtroom. Maybe he'll bring his A game tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member