MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know, i read another story where the baby had obviously drowned (his dad was extremely drunk and fell into a canal and let go of the baby then forgot he even had the baby until the next day) the baby wasnt found for a few days (in summer) and they said the baby "had drowned but the lungs had decomp and it was inconclusive"

I wanted to find out about froth and foaming in drowning. Would that be evident only in recent drowning or would water submersion over time obliterate that evidence? It was estimated she was 4 to 7 days, I think. Not much water but some decomp, so I wonder how decomp affects the lung tissue in the drowning analysis.

I can't seem to find out, but thank you for your excellent post.

:cow:

trying to cut my 2 year old's nails is like trying to bathe a cat lol.... i get to it when i can (if hes asleep or something) and its not all perfect either.

I would like to know if her fingernails and toe nails were neatly clipped or were they long? Were her teeth brushed often or were they scummy? Was her hair clean or greasy? I guess the question is was she well cared for or showed signs of neglect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

150 miles from Baby Doe. Long shot but could be related.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/1...oxnews/national+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)

Connecticut cops have reported making a grim discovery near a commuter train station: severed human arms in a plastic bag and nearby in a separate location severed legs with sock-clad feet. The human limbs were found Wednesday near the Metro-North State Street Station in downtown New Haven. The arms contained no hands. The feet had socks on but no shoes.

Often a teenaged girl who has a child is estranged from her family. She may also be out of contact with her friends who are not mothers, because they can go out and do things at the drop of a hat while she has a child to care for and little if any disposable income. In such a case, the young lady may be living in near-isolation.

I can't believe that this little one has no name still, breaks my heart someone has to know something.

I've wondered about foreign adoption, one that was recent possibly.

Crazy thought is could the family be modern gypsies, always travelling, kinda of secretive folk.

I don't have kids, so I may be wrong on this - but to me it seems the average four yr old could get out of a car seat/out of the car on their own if they were left in one accidentally (plus they'd probably have to be sleeping when the car was parked.)

Depends on what kind of car seat (if any) she was in.
If it was a booster seat with just the shoulder belt, then she could have probably gotten out.
If it was a 5-point harness seat, it would have been a lot harder to have gotten out. Those seats are designed to keep a child restrained in case of an accident.

IMO, I don't think she died from being in a hot car.
There would have been signs of hot car death evident on her body.

I can't believe that this little one has no name still, breaks my heart someone has to know something.

I've wondered about foreign adoption, one that was recent possibly.

Crazy thought is could the family be modern gypsies, always travelling, kinda of secretive folk.

Another reason to think the condition of her teeth is relevant. If she had been living in poverty or in an institution pending adoption, she might have had virtually no dental care, or a lot of recent dental work, possibly including extraction of some baby teeth when she was adopted.

Many stories have been in the news lately about families who adopt non-infant children, particularly from eastern Europe, and find they have attachment disorders, or are unexpectedly difficult to deal with, who attempt to 're-home' the children or try to send them back. In some cases, they give up custody to the state, but are responsible for child support.

A difficult child may tax the parent's patience, and a normally loving parent snaps.

And some adoptive parents, unfortunately, may think it 'unfair' to be expected to pay child support for an adopted child with behavioral problems that the adoption agency did not disclose to them.

I wanted to find out about froth and foaming in drowning. Would that be evident only in recent drowning or would water submersion over time obliterate that evidence? It was estimated she was 4 to 7 days, I think. Not much water but some decomp, so I wonder how decomp affects the lung tissue in the drowning analysis.

I can't seem to find out, but thank you for your excellent post.

:cow:

First: Please accept the REAL second link! http://wtnh.com/2015/07/08/medical-examiner-rules-east-haven-childrens-deaths-homicides/

I tried to post it to demonstrate the timeline that can happen in determining a COD.....and please be aware that members of the Medical Examiners' Office try to solve these puzzles ASAP but our priority is the TRUTH as speaking for the decedent.:blushing:

okay, to the question: The froth/foam MAY BE evident in a recent drowning, a long term submersion usually washes away the surface clues but there MIGHT BE lingering frothy/foamy-ish fluid within the oral cavity. Decomp CAN effect the surface lung tissue BUT the changes in the celluar morphology of the alveoli will remain.

Just an FYI: the decomposition of a body is effected directly by the environment: hot & humid; elevated "speed" in celluar destruction in body areas where bacteria & fungi can congregate (lower gut, for example)

BBM's; Yes it is. :)

Trying to follow,,, LOL SO they compare the eye sample with the venous blood for alcohol?

So in other drugs like meth, for instance, there would be no change in the blood level due to decomp?

I know the tox results can take months but I always wondered why.

Thanks for your info, it is appreciated.

ETA: more questions, sorry. Is the drug or alcohol based on percent concentrations or in weight as like mg/dcl? Since the liver is not metabolizing, why is alcohol different, if you know. Thanks.

:moo:

AWESOME questions! (sometimes I can get "lecturey" & verbose :laughing::happydance:)

#1: yep, compare alcohol concentrations/levels

#2: levels remain static because the body is NOT utilizing/breaking down the drug (and the endogenous bacteria et al. don't need "human" mood drugs! ):happydance:. metabolites of the primary drugs care not produced by tissue decomposition.

#3: the [] of the etoh (wasn't that nasty that I used jargonese!:scared:)....the concentration of the alcohol is usually reported as g/dL (grams per deciliter (or as we oldsters once said ,mg/ml aka mg per ml). The changes in the concentration can come from the metabolic activity of the bacteria (endogenous or environmental) & fermentation.

Here's a reasonable abstract (& the entire article is well represented within the abstract!): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16782292

I would like to know if her fingernails and toe nails were neatly clipped or were they long? Were her teeth brushed often or were they scummy? Was her hair clean or greasy? I guess the question is was she well cared for or showed signs of neglect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly think if she had shown signs of neglect or any other anomaly that might help identify her, they would have released that information.

Lots of daily trains from Boston travel along this Amtrak Northeast corridor (~19) and yes, Mass authorities have been in touch with NHPD & the OCME. Since DNA testing is part of the identification process of the body parts, results will be shared if applicable.

FYI: hands were missing from the arms!

Lots of travel from Boston to Connecticut cities, and also to Providence, so a connection is entirely possible.

There have been a couple of cases where a murder victim from Rhode Island has been dumped in the Boston area, but it's usually along the southern part of the I-95 corridor.

Lots of daily trains from Boston travel along this Amtrak Northeast corridor (~19) and yes, Mass authorities have been in touch with NHPD & the OCME. Since DNA testing is part of the identification process of the body parts, results will be shared if applicable.

FYI: hands were missing from the arms!

Going to assume they didn't want fingerprints showing up. For what it's worth, at one point one of the local media outlets (I'm in CT) said "male" legs, but I'm not sure how accurate that information was, as police aren't saying. Also to be noted that in the last five years or so, there have been a handful of bodies found in burned up cars here in CT - apparently drug related.

Not much new, but they're still working. Also confirms LE hasn't said whether she was placed there, or washed up.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-receiving-international-tips-in-deer-island-baby-doe-case/34231794

5 Investigates has learned the tips have suggested the girl could be one of more than 100 children from 32 states, from New England to Arizona and California.

Tipsters have also reported she resembles children who could be missing from Mexico, Brazil, France and the United Kingdom.

Going to assume they didn't want fingerprints showing up. For what it's worth, at one point one of the local media outlets (I'm in CT) said "male" legs, but I'm not sure how accurate that information was, as police aren't saying. Also to be noted that in the last five years or so, there have been a handful of bodies found in burned up cars here in CT - apparently drug related.
There's no reason but "gender bias" to assume this child was in the custody of a woman. I know some great single dads who love and spoil their kids. Just sayin'.

I think it's strange she was found in a bag. I could see a blanket, but a garbage bag? The bag makes me think this could be a stranger related, and maybe her parent, or parents are also deceased/murdered, so they couldn't report her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass