MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great article about the lead detective and I love how far they're trying to take DNA evidence to give them, well...anything...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...is_detective_on_a_relentless_hunt_for_answers

"It’s been a month and a week of nonstop police work that’s merged both high-tech wizardry and low-tech shoe leather.

Herman spoke of pollen testing being done on the fibers on Baby Doe’s clothes to determine where she might have been in the hours before her death, along with 
isotrope testing of the water in her system."

That's awesome! I hope there is a big pay off for all they're hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have been wanting them to do the isotope testing.... at least we would know where she had been.

This is a great article about the lead detective and I love how far they're trying to take DNA evidence to give them, well...anything...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...is_detective_on_a_relentless_hunt_for_answers

"It’s been a month and a week of nonstop police work that’s merged both high-tech wizardry and low-tech shoe leather.

Herman spoke of pollen testing being done on the fibers on Baby Doe’s clothes to determine where she might have been in the hours before her death, along with 

there is a pic of her on his fb.

He's definitely not a fan of America. Sheesh! But as for his missing daughter, has he posted a pic? I haven't seen it if he has. She's got quite a long name. He hasn't mentioned her age either. Weird??

i still say they need to make a smiling or tooth displaying picture.

Thank you for posting this. The case is not cold - LE are working on it! I'm so glad to know that. Thank you, LE!!

There was no shirt or under clothes listed, but leggings and a red hair tie. This is leading many to believe she was ONLY wearing the leggings and nothing else.

I wonder if maybe this adult figure in her life had her half-clothed because they were walking the shoreline at some point. Maybe they were letting her "play" in the water when something tragic happened? That's why they decided to leave her there in a hurry...not waiting to see if she'd wash away? Or it happened and they never left the island..maybe they stuck around till night--until it was dark enough to dump her. that sounds horrible...ugh. i really have no idea. it is puzzling for sure. just a thought....

wiki has all the updates, including autopsy and the most up to date description on what she was and wasnt found in. she was found in leggings and a blanket. nothing else that has been released. it even mentions the police officer that arrived on scene first said all he remembers at first is opening the bag and seeing her tiny bare feet...and how they looked like his own children's feet..he was heartbroken. so that tells us she was barefoot too.

i still say they need to make a smiling or tooth displaying picture.
it's really odd they are keeping petty details close to the vest. who manufactured the bag she was found in? where was it sold? normal box store or something that had to be ordered? industrial like something that was used at that water plant or something used in homes daily? so many questions....if they would give people a bit more, perhaps they could get the lead they are looking for. IMO

I wonder if maybe this adult figure in her life had her half-clothed because they were walking the shoreline at some point. Maybe they were letting her "play" in the water when something tragic happened? That's why they decided to leave her there in a hurry...not waiting to see if she'd wash away? Or it happened and they never left the island..maybe they stuck around till night--until it was dark enough to dump her. that sounds horrible...ugh. i really have no idea. it is puzzling for sure. just a thought....

i cant even begin to think of any scenario that would make sense, what i do think is whatever adult was involved gets punished. no excuse in the world to not claim your very on child. I dont care how well the child looked kept, apparently not too well, with her little body in a bag found on the beach.... ya know what i mean..

it's really odd they are keeping petty details close to the vest. who manufactured the bag she was found in? where was it sold? normal box store or something that had to be ordered? industrial like something that was used at that water plant or something used in homes daily? so many questions....if they would give people a bit more, perhaps they could get the lead they are looking for. IMO
they aren't in any big hurry to release anything.. its got me quite aggravated... ive been researching allot, and found 5 kids that they have not compared her too. and emailed the links, and its not been any big hurry to rule these 5 out. WTH whats the hold up, they have the DNA test it. RULE some more kids out so we know where this stands....

it's really odd they are keeping petty details close to the vest. who manufactured the bag she was found in? where was it sold? normal box store or something that had to be ordered? industrial like something that was used at that water plant or something used in homes daily? so many questions....if they would give people a bit more, perhaps they could get the lead they are looking
for. IMO
A garbage bag should have good prints on it as well,unless gloves were worn.I still wonder,with a boat dock 0.8 miles away from where she was found,if she was brought by boat and left on shore.

If they can't find a cause of death, then I'm guessing that this becomes a case of "improper disposal of a body." Perhaps they feel they can't justify unlimited resources if they can't prove murder or even neglect.

wiki has all the updates, including autopsy and the most up to date description on what she was and wasnt found in. she was found in leggings and a blanket. nothing else that has been released. it even mentions the police officer that arrived on scene first said all he remembers at first is opening the bag and seeing her tiny bare feet...and how they looked like his own children's feet..he was heartbroken. so that tells us she was barefoot too.

That is sad. :(. Her little feet.

Well we likely know now that her head was placed in the bag first and feet last - not that it's much help. But for some reason, in my mind I was picturing the woman opening the bag to immediately see the top of her head and hair.

I didn't actually see the part about the little feet in Wikipedia, however?? But it was a good summary of everything.

It got me thinking about COD again. Maybe she smothered in a Rubbermaid storage container or a trunk of some sort - not a car trunk but a luggage trunk?? Just trying to think of deaths that WOULDN'T be evident in an autopsy. WOUKD smothering in a box of some sort be evident?

That is sad. :(. Her little feet.

Well we likely know now that her head was placed in the bag first and feet last - not that it's much help. But for some reason, in my mind I was picturing the woman opening the bag to immediately see the top of her head and hair.

I didn't actually see the part about the little feet in Wikipedia, however?? But it was a good summary of everything.

It got me thinking about COD again. Maybe she smothered in a Rubbermaid storage container or a trunk of some sort - not a car trunk but a luggage trunk?? Just trying to think of deaths that WOULDN'T be evident in an autopsy. WOUKD smothering in a box of some sort be evident?

Wiki updates constantly so they are rapidly changing their site sources at the bottom...here is the link to the article on the officer that found baby doe. The first paragraph alone is beyond sad. http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...is_detective_on_a_relentless_hunt_for_answers

I know they are running out of money and resources to identify her. The commonwealth is trying to help them. We just need more...a little bit more. ISO test will tell them where she's been before she died. She holds more clues than we think. She had to be smothered...or cut off from an air source. She has no marks on her giving up COD, nothing toxic showing in toxicology......no chloroform? would that show up long term? i thought maybe they were using chloroform as a baby sitter again...casey anthony style and the kid died so they dumped her...i have no idea. throwing stuff out there.

A garbage bag should have good prints on it as well,unless gloves were worn.I still wonder,with a boat dock 0.8 miles away from where she was found,if she was brought by boat and left on shore.
Exactly. We are hearing nothing about the bag...which is odd and they will not even remotely talk about the security cameras at the facility. It almost sounds like the cameras are not really operational. Are they for looks? Do they really have cameras? You would think with the patriot act and everything going on in the world that they would be semi-monitoring their facility and perimeter and who comes and goes...just in case something happened and they needed it later.

I feel like the odds of this child being identified are good. It just may take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member