MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That statement makes no sense, how can he have "done everything to make sure Bella was safe" When he had not even met her?

And don't forget he knew what RM and MM did to Bella and still didn't call LE.

I think I heard them say that they tried getting fingerprints from Bella, but her body was decomposing and had slippage.

Yes, they couldn't get fingerprints. But they now have DNA match and Baby Doe is matched to Bella Bond by DNA.

Given what was presented today by the District Attorney, I don't understand the discrepancy in charges.

MM has not admitted to anything, nor did he implicate RB. She is the one doing the talking. Why believe her over him?
Maybe it's a deal to secure her testimony against him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That statement makes no sense, how can he have "done everything to make sure Bella was safe" When he had not even met her?

<snip>

Amoroso said he was not a part of his child’s life, but he occasionally talked to Rachelle Bond on the phone. She slurred her words when she spoke, he said, and he believed she was on drugs.

<snip>

Amoroso said that both he and his mother called complaints of neglect into DCF. The agency has confirmed that two complaints, in late 2012 and summer of 2013, came in about the girl, but both were closed within a few months. The agency did not divulge who made the complaints, and has said it was not involved with Bella after 2013.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/09/19/bella/gTUv3lRRWmVY5uIdrbW0SP/story.html

<snip>

Amoroso said he was not a part of his child&#8217;s life, but he occasionally talked to Rachelle Bond on the phone. She slurred her words when she spoke, he said, and he believed she was on drugs.

<snip>

Amoroso said that both he and his mother called complaints of neglect into DCF. The agency has confirmed that two complaints, in late 2012 and summer of 2013, came in about the girl, but both were closed within a few months. The agency did not divulge who made the complaints, and has said it was not involved with Bella after 2013.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/09/19/bella/gTUv3lRRWmVY5uIdrbW0SP/story.html

But even if he did call in DCF, is that doing everything to make sure that child was safe, considering it has been reported that bio-dad hasn't actually even met the child in 2.5 years? If bio-dad didn't believe RB was fit, presumably he could have asked for custody.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...der-charges/LXL8d0kDGe4nCknfEwUPpJ/story.html

A lifelong friend helped lead police to the couple now accused in the death of Bella Bond, a prosecutor said in court Monday morning as the little girl’s mother and her boyfriend made their first court appearance in the “Baby Doe” case.

Michael P. McCarthy was ordered held without bail on a murder charge, and the girl’s mother, Rachelle D. Bond, was held on $1 million bail on charges that she was an accessory after the fact to the killing. Both are also accused of improper disposal of a body.

The joint arraignment in Dorchester Municipal Court provided grim new details about the death of Bella. The discovery of her body June 25 on the shore of Deer Island sparking a months-long, international investigation.
More at link...

I went to the link, and the evil on RB's face terrifies me, she is just wicked looking. And MM, he looks like someone, and it was bothering me and I finally figured it out. On the Bob Newhart show, the neighbors, three brothers, Larry, and his two brothers named Darryl, he looks like the blonde Darryl. I know this is going to a grand jury, and a lot more evidence will be given, but for now why is there so much interest being taken about what RB has said? Like she is some outstanding citizen to be believed?

But even if he did call in DCF, is that doing everything to make sure that child was safe, considering it has been reported that bio-dad hasn't actually even met the child in 2.5 years? If bio-dad didn't believe RB was fit, presumably he could have asked for custody.

Yes, and he called DFS twice, fair enough. I wouldn't class that as everything though.

ETA: Sorry quoted the wrong post. I agree with you though jjenny

On CNN's FB page, they are being criticized for still using the sketch of Bella and calling her "Baby Doe" for a story on her.

Okay here's what I read before.

The little girl&#8217;s grief-stricken father, Joseph Amoroso, told the Herald Bella was conceived in a tent at Occupy Boston and he left Rachelle Bond, his former girlfriend, after finding out she had been arrested for prostitution.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...d_he_killed_bella_bond_because_she_had_demons

Now he is claiming he met another woman? I wonder why. Sorry, I know its not important, just odd.

<snip>

Amoroso said he was not a part of his child&#8217;s life, but he occasionally talked to Rachelle Bond on the phone. She slurred her words when she spoke, he said, and he believed she was on drugs.

<snip>

It's just a matter of time before bio-dad talks himself into an expose on his past and all of the incongruous statements he is now making.

It would be ironic as hell if a warrant goes out for his arrest on a parole violation.

If they don't find a specific cause of death I'm worried they don't have murder case. I've been hardened by too many trials where justice hasn't been served.

MM looked unable to comprehend what was being said....RB did look able to comprehend....may not be a popular view but I think the 'mother' (using that term loosely here) was able to shift the blame to MM knowing he was not able presently to even understand what is happening...I think she may have done as much as him if not more to this precious child....hold her without bond she is worthless.IMO

If they don't find a specific cause of death I'm worried they don't have murder case. I've been hardened by too many trials where justice hasn't been served.

You can even have a murder case without a body.

Why are you sleuthing the bio father and posting it here? This is completely against forum rules and inappropriate. Whether or not you approve of his past has no bearing on this case. He was not involved in killing Bella or hiding her body and has not been charged with a crime.

Sorry, but it really bothers me when family members who had nothing to do with a crime are being sleuthed.

It's being published in MSM which I believe is totally acceptable to link.

Bio Dad needs to be stopped in his tracks. He DID let this little girl down and only wants in now for money and attention. He knew and didn't report it a couple weeks ago? UM, lets arrest HIM on obstruction of justice. No lawsuits lining his pockets then.

I kinda felt sorry for him at the beginning but he really needs to STFU now.

It seems like he had an OK relationship with Rochelle - so were there no phone calls with Bella, no facetime, no asking his family to check on her etc etc?? He may not have killed her but he certainly did NOT do anything to ensure her safety. He is just loving playing the victim. Well, sucker, we aint having any of it.

I'm not sure if I heard it right, my sound was going in and out. But they put weights in the bag with Bella? I don't know what kind of weights they used, but the way I'm seeing this, that little angel was determined to be found. And I'll bet those two worthless beings didn't think that was going to happen with weights in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member