MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first two kids were taken away from RB at different times, so it wasn't like the Grandmother said "I'll take this one but not that one". Supposedly the grandmother stopped pursuing custody of the second child because CPS "asked too many questions" which wouldn't make sense if GM tried to get custody of both at once.

Plus the kids are often really messed up and may have serious long term behavioral problems even if they are adopted at a young age.

I think it is interesting that the grandmother gave up RB's oldest daughter, but seemed to want or be able to keep RB's son. Considering her treatment of RB and her sister when they were children, she must have problems with females in general. Threatened by them for unknown reason.... I don't know. Totally messed up in the head though!

BBM

Oh yeah, that is what she is going to claim, anyway. She certainly doesnt want people adding her to the list of those who knew about RB and her abusive ways and did nothing either. According to RB's sister, their mom is an engineer, so she must have some smarts.... and was abusive towards them when they were growing up. She took in one kid and not the other. I do not believe she didnt know about Bella.. things get out.. people carry stories..and surely the mom could have seen RB's SM stuff. Dealing with addicts can be exhausting, i am sure. Easier, really, to write them off, turn a blind eye, and move on with your own life. THERE ARE NO HEROES IN THIS SAGA. NOT ONE. JMO

Anything I write is just my opinion

Absolutely spot on with your assessment of NO HEROES! Although there are a few wannabes NOW... There was no prince in shining armor that came riding in on a beautiful white horse to save Bella. There was absolutely NO ONE that did a damn thing to help this child in a house of horrors.

For those of you implying she was living the high life on welfare, has it even been said she had these benefits? The wait list in mass for section 8 is more than 4 years long. There is paperwork that must been done to even stay on the wait list. For food stamps she maybe would have realistically received $150-200/m but probably even less. You also have to go through not only paperwork but dealing w paternity issues. The state goes after the other parent when you file, unless the other parent is paying a reasonable documented amount of support.
I understand that there are people that have found ways to cheat the system but these are typically career criminals that are receiving benefits under many different social security #, not washed up drug addicts. Welfare is not the walk in the park hay day so many people think it to be. Again, I understand there is fraud but in the average person receiving benefits for themselves and 1 child it's not getting you that far.

Here's a link to MSM that at least states she was living in Section 8 housing...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...15/09/drugs_prostitution_plague_mother_s_past

Regardless, I do agree that she wouldn't be living the "high life." Not using her benefits entirely appropriately though, absolutely.

The meme in and of itself is weird, but I wouldn't consider it as anything serious EXCEPT RB herself typed with her own hands: "That's right! Keep effing with "MY FAMILY"!!! Get it together!"

To me, that is a threat to someone, her sister, her friends, someone she felt threatened by that might report her to CPS. She didn't name anyone specifically, but I have an idea that whomever that post was for saw it and backed off from RB. She's a bully! A scary bully!

Here's what her own sister said when she visited RB:

"Then, **** (the sister) went back to visit her sister in mid-January (2015)."

“It was just her and I – she was sporadic,” ****** (sister) said. “I didn’t think she was treating Bella right. She was yelling at her.”

On that visit, ****** (RB's sister) said her sister scared her when she followed her around while pounding her open hand with a hammer.

“I went outside to smoke and when I came in, her demeanor had changed,” she said. “She was literally walking around the table following me while she was pounding her hand with the hammer. I don’t know why.”

That was the last time ****** (RB's sister) saw her sister and Bella, she said."

http://m.telegram.com/article/20150922/NEWS/150929698

Sister also says Bella was NOT speaking - not even small words like: go, walk, or mama.

I wish the sister had called CPS relentlessly. I know she was scared of RB, but just be persistent people! PLEASE!

I can understand sister was scared of RB, if someone was following me around with a hammer, I would be terrified, sister or not. But, then after sister got home, you would think she would have sat down for a minute, and got the courage to call CPS. I also understand people don't want to get involved, but how do you live with your self, knowing a child is being abused, isn't speaking, how can you not call? I think for some people a dead child or adult lying in the front yard of a neighbor, wouldn't be enough to call authorities. I'm a person that keeps private and don't like to get involved with things, but no way would I have shut up about what I was seeing, it was her own niece. And if my sister found out and came to my house with a hammer, well, what can I say, at least I wouldn't have a guilty conscious.

I am a mandated reporter. I would love to believe that people think and call CPS with concerns they have about people and their interactions with children. Sadly, I have had people I supervise get uncomfortable and justify not calling in cases that are fairly clear when I hear the situation.

In general, many people don't want to get involved or get an angry response or reprisal. It is more common than any of us would like. Fortunately many issues of neglect and abuse never rise to the death of a child but the damage can last a lifetime.

I believe the term for people not wanting to get involved is called "bystander apathy" and it's a well documented social occurance.

I should have quoted posts but I didn't but just wanted to say a few things.

I agree the mother of RB could be just saying she never knew about Bella to cover her butt now. Sounds like other people in the family did and even if she wasn't speaking to Rachelle that doesn't mean no one else told her about Bella.

I wouldn't say most people on welfare are living the high life, but RB was obviously getting enough to keep her comfortable enough to do a little side work to make sure she had her literal "high life" with the heroin. I have no problem with anyone who receives welfare when they need it. I totally understand people's anger when people can somehow have an iPhone, nice car, or can find enough money to keep themselves on heroin (I've never bought or used it but from everything I've heard it's not cheap) but then ask for assistance for housing and food. Then there's the problem of having kids involved, so then you have to either take benefits away from the kid too or take the kid away, which is going to be a burden on an obviously already overworked child services agency. I don't know. There are no easy answers.

Thanks Dogface! Apparently there is a lot of "bystander apathy" going on under everyone's nose.

Do we have any more information on Michael McCarthy and his criminal past history? There is not as much floating around out there on the World Wide Web on MM as RB, but I know there has to be something more. I'm curious as to how he has survived without his mother. I'd like to know how much money was he receiving and how much was he giving to RB. Where's his service dog now? Where's his car?

I should have quoted posts but I didn't but just wanted to say a few things.

I agree the mother of RB could be just saying she never knew about Bella to cover her butt now. Sounds like other people in the family did and even if she wasn't speaking to Rachelle that doesn't mean no one else told her about Bella.

I wouldn't say most people on welfare are living the high life, but RB was obviously getting enough to keep her comfortable enough to do a little side work to make sure she had her literal "high life" with the heroin. I have no problem with anyone who receives welfare when they need it. I totally understand people's anger when people can somehow have an iPhone, nice car, or can find enough money to keep themselves on heroin (I've never bought or used it but from everything I've heard it's not cheap) but then ask for assistance for housing and food. Then there's the problem of having kids involved, so then you have to either take benefits away from the kid too or take the kid away, which is going to be a burden on an obviously already overworked child services agency. I don't know. There are no easy answers.

:goodpost: She wasn't living the "good life". She was surviving and using funds she got by having a child to purchase drugs. I'm sure she kept Bella fed and cleaned because she knew that would be something that would definitely trigger a phone call to the authorities. She was manipulating the system just as she manipulated the people in her life.

Thanks Dogface! Apparently there is a lot of "bystander apathy" going on under everyone's nose.

Do we have any more information on Michael McCarthy and his criminal past history? There is not as much floating around out there on the World Wide Web on MM as RB, but I know there has to be something more. I'm curious as to how he has survived without his mother. I'd like to know how much money was he receiving and how much was he giving to RB. Where's his service dog now? Where's his car?

Ditto re:knowing more about MM and his record... I saw in an article that I posted the link to earlier, that said he did have an arrest for domestic violence. I thought that was interesting bc until that article, I didn't recall seeing anything of a violent nature printed in MSM about his past. I do believe early on there was a quote attributed to a former neighbor about he and his mother, which stated after she passed he wound up getting kicked out of the home. I'll try to locate that one.

Ditto re:knowing more about MM and his record... I saw in an article that I posted the link to earlier, that said he did have an arrest for domestic violence. I thought that was interesting bc until that article, I didn't recall seeing anything of a violent nature printed in MSM about his past. I do believe early on there was a quote attributed to a former neighbor about he and his mother, which stated after she passed he wound up getting kicked out of the home. I'll try to locate that one.

:tyou: The lifelong friend has probably shared plenty with authorities about how "deep" he was into the occult, etc.

i cant recall where, but in MSM she supposedly said she took a drawer out. so prob to make room.

i think they never opened it. i think they were rarely eating and when they did it was take out of fast food. dope fiends who are using arent going to cook.

If she was in that frig and I am sure that would be the one, the shelves and drawers would have to be removed.

Can you even imagine having that in the house looking at you all day long? There is no way MM kept her prisoner. She would run screaming out of there in a day.

What an incredible momster. And she is worse than MM. Bella was her child. She was nothing to MM.

he could mean "she is deep in this" as in she is more guilty than she says.

Respectfully, I think he actually said, "This goes, this goes, this goes so deep..."

He has a habit of repeating things, like, "I wish, I wish, I wish..." "like, like, like I said", and several other instances of that type of thing.

I really don't know that he's referring to any occult things, or that he's been deeply affected by the tragedy, or what.

i think she means "momma wont beat your *advertiser censored* this time :(

For those (like me) that can't watch NG on tv here is a video clip from an episode interviewing a neighbor that knew the first two kids.

I noticed in the b-day video RB makes a BIG DEAL at the end out of the silly string she squirted onto the floor, she keeps saying "That is allowable! That is allowable because it is your birthday! That will clean up!" which I thought was odd. Similar thing referenced in this video over spilled milk.

[video=youtube;kTWhOuUiS_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTWhOuUiS_M[/video]

he could mean "she is deep in this" as in she is more guilty than she says.

I could never get the video to play of the tipster's brother, but everyone gave a good play-by-play of the interview. I got the impression "they" might be more on the side of RB. Maybe I took it the wrong way and they really mean both of them, MM and RB, are deep into what happened to Bella and it is worse than we ever imagined... I know I never imagined a refrigerator being involved.

In response to the people who know RB that claim to have called CPS, it's possible they did because not all calls are acted upon. Also, calling can be very stressful, even for mandated reporters because often the intake caseworker will ask a million and one questions about what help the person calling has tried to provide, etc, and it can be so stressful. I know this because when I worked in the intake dept I wasn't in charge of taking the initial calls known as the screening process, but I would be assigned the case once it was decided it needed to be investigated, and often times, especially if it was a hospital social worker or a school counselor, they would tell me how stressful it was and it really bothered them to feel interrogated when they were just trying to do their job as mandated reporters. I'm sure friends, family members and concerned citizens who call can feel this same way. I felt terrible and reported it to my manager but was told that those are the guidelines and that the intake screener needs all the info they can get so the supervisor can decide what to do about the referral.

Because of this screening process that takes place, it's possible multiple people called in to report RB but only two of these calls resulted in an investigation being opened. So many reports are never investigated and there's certain criteria the supervisor uses to decide. Given RB's history, I can't imagine why any referral about her wouldn't be investigated. All referrals, whether investigated or not, are supposed to be kept on file and normally if you get several reports about a family that would obviously be investigated. At least I would think.

Ok rant over.... I would not be suprised if it turns out there were other referrals made to CPS about baby Bella besides the two that have been confirmed

"(Rachelle) did speak of the many threats, day after day for five months," Amoroso said. "It only makes sense that Rachelle Bond was held captive in the house for five months, because nobody (saw her)."

This is the first I've read of 5 months.. And that nobody saw her? Seems easy enough to disprove- neighbors saying they saw he out for a smoke, asking about wifi, etc..

http://m.wmtw.com/news/more-to-be-revealed-as-bellas-mom-accused-killer-face-charges/35389062

im not even sure she would be bothered with it. she dont want to pay for it and ffs she threw her body out in a trash bag. ugh.

yes, i saw the link that JA and family are planning a burial for Bella. No where, however does it state RB has lost her rights to claim the baby's body or that her parental rights have been terminated.. They can make headlines about wanting to bury the baby near JA's grandma and they may even be sincere. IMO, legal hurdles need to be jumped first. Establishing paternity is #1. IF that is a GO and he is the dad.. then i guess either parent can claim the body and have it buried ONCE THE ME HAS RELEASED IT. JMO

The mom had physical custody of Bella in life.. i dont know that since she has been convicted of nothing so far that she doesnt get to weigh in on this. ( makes me sick but this could get complicated) MOO

Anything i write is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member