MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Bonnie Flynn testified about finding the bag on Deer Island with little Bella's body, flies came out when she cut it open with a seashell and the bag was tightly closed...so sad. Ms Flynn probably still has nightmares about finding her.

So, how were those weights attached?

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/i_looked_away_thinking_that_it.html

"It was carefully tied," she recalled while testifying in Suffolk Superior Court.

Her dog circled the bag four times. "I got a suspicious feeling about the bag," she said.

She found a seashell and cut open the bag from the bottom. "Flies came out at me," Flynn said.

________

Interesting, an 'old' article I found in the Media/Timeline thread...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291291-Bella-Bond-MEDIA-TIMELINE-*NO-DISCUSSION*

Criminologist on girl washed ashore on Deer Island: 'She was probably killed by a family member'
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/bel...as-probably-killed-by-a-family-member/8970231

Found this...

Deakin said that McCarthy ordered Bond out of the room as he put the girl’s body in a refrigerator, where it remained for “two or three days,” while the couple went on a heroin binge.

Deakin said during that time the couple devised a plan to hide the body. They placed the trash bag containing Bella’s body in a duffel bag and loaded it with weights taken from a Quincy plumbing business owned by McCarthy’s father. Deakin said the two eventually threw the bag into the water near Boston’s Seaport District.

“The defendant knowingly and intentionally aided [McCarthy] in concealing the body,” Deakin said in court.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-wednesday/G24OjlWICT0Ydqhr9ZlcUJ/story.html

Found this...

Deakin said that McCarthy ordered Bond out of the room as he put the girl’s body in a refrigerator, where it remained for “two or three days,” while the couple went on a heroin binge.

Deakin said during that time the couple devised a plan to hide the body. They placed the trash bag containing Bella’s body in a duffel bag and loaded it with weights taken from a Quincy plumbing business owned by McCarthy’s father. Deakin said the two eventually threw the bag into the water near Boston’s Seaport District.

“The defendant knowingly and intentionally aided [McCarthy] in concealing the body,” Deakin said in court.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-wednesday/G24OjlWICT0Ydqhr9ZlcUJ/story.html

sorry Deakin but "the defendant knowingly and intentionally" killed her daughter or at least permitted MM to do it...same deal.

What does mm say happened? Because if they put him up and he says SHE did it...... I mean, here's how they get away with murder! I almost wish they would have given him a deal for many years to testify against her. I am 100000% tired of trashy mothers getting away with children dying in their care. It minimizes the responsibility of parenting. It's time to start treating it like it's important, again.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

How can he kill that poor baby with one punch in the stomach with no bruise? Would Bella turn gray that fast after death. I could see getting the knock wind out of her unless it was a super powerful bunch with internal bleeding. This story doesn't make sense.

Did he have a rap sheet too? I've never heard of someone with so many arrest and convictions, seasoned criminal get so many probation opportunities and longest was 6 months jail which she probably served three. Maybe if court had given lengthy prison time she might have straighten herself out but when you keep getting out with a slap on the wrist why not go for bigger more violent crimes. MA is just as bad as CA lax criminal penalties.

Unless I missed something his story is that she told him Bella had been taken by the State.
Which also makes no sense if he lived there and did not have a job. Wouldn't he have most likely been home when the state came to take her?

What does mm say happened? Because if they put him up and he says SHE did it...... I mean, here's how they get away with murder! I almost wish they would have given him a deal for many years to testify against her. I am 100000% tired of trashy mothers getting away with children dying in their care. It minimizes the responsibility of parenting. It's time to start treating it like it's important, again.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

you know hate to say but I agree...I think I could be more okay with him getting the deal and RB on trial...when you look at the two of them..he only knew Bella a short time whereas RB is the MOTHER. And in terms of future danger to society and other children she is more dangerous than MM. I guess his story is she did it when he was not around...and he thought Bella was with other people...then when he found out helped her out to get rid of body? Not really sure. For whatever reason DA thought chance of guilty was better with MM.

she is lying. She did not try to do CPR either. My opinion anyway.

Per MM's attorney Shapiro, MM was not aware that Bella was dead until the day of his arrest. He claims that RB told him she lost custody of the child.

So he has not said that he helped dispose of the body. Look to forensics to see whose prints, if any, show up on the bag.If it's only Bonds prints, then she may have a problem with the testimony she's given so far. If both prints are on the contractor bag, then Shapiro's opening statement is blown out of the water.

Early reports were that there was only mild decomposition of the body, yet no cause of death was identified. At one point, the state offered that she may have been suffocated. RB's description of a hard punch to the stomach and a grey and swollen head should have picked up something in autopsy? Expect MM to call a forensic pathologist to refute RB's claim- no torn internal organs or major arteries, no bruising or swelling of the brain. The gray color suggests shock, yet public info on the autopsy reports no trauma.

Someone pointed out that MM's car was not on the road until July. A cadaver dog did pick up scent from the fridge- so was the cadaver dog also used on MM's car, and if so, what did it find?

Shapiro has said the the State is building its case solely on the testimony of RB. Time will tell as the trial continues to unfold.

if they both end up on the street (which is possible) I look for one to kill the other.

if they both end up on the street (which is possible) I look for one to kill the other. And I think that RB is far more dangerous.

i wonder if there are any family in the courtroom for MM...hls father is still around I believe...and what about RB?

Unless I missed something his story is that she told him Bella had been taken by the State.
Which also makes no sense if he lived there and did not have a job. Wouldn't he have most likely been home when the state came to take her?
She testified he went to methadone clinic everyday.

RB claimed they got a large stash of heroin after they dumped BB's body but where would they get the money for that?

Were there any interviews done by RB or MM that you have posted here online?

you know fellow Sleuthers...I just can't seem to get my mind around this...let us say Shapiro really does an excellent cross and gets her to admit lots of things that put his client in a better light...just say it is a A+++ cross and short of confessing it is obvious that she did it what good is any of it other than to get his client off?? As I understand it there is no way to go after her other than what she has right now.

I'm trying to catch up reading all the notes but can someone please tell me what happened to the duffle bag and the weights if the body was found in a trash bag?

Rachelle hasn't been sentenced yet.

My understanding is that the judge can still sentence her to the max sentence under her plea. Which would be 7 years???

I'm trying to catch up reading all the notes but can someone please tell me what happened to the duffle bag and the weights if the body was found in a trash bag?

The weights and duffle bag were found.

This page has posts discusing the bag/weights/duffle bag. Please refer to 'joypath's' post #145. It is the best explanation that has been given, as she is knowledgeable. I also am waiting for this to be explained at the trial. Hope this helps.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-Boston-Harbor-June-2015-7/page10&styleid=26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela