MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make sense to do that, to me anyway. If he is innocent wouldn't it make sense to tell his side? What IF he is found guilty...then what?

He may desperately want to tell his side of the story, but I don't think his attorney will let it happen. I said a few pages back he can't just keep saying I didn't know and I didn't kill her, there will be tough questions and if he falters he will do more damage than to stay silent.

If he's found guilty he appeals. Strong appeal based on the testimony of the star witness against him being proved a liar.

That is what leads me to believe he didn't actually kill her. He never blamed her when he could have but he claims he didn't know this whole time. The text he wrote while she was in housing court where he said don't let them know about Bella in DCF because we love her too much. Not we did love her too much. Plus he didn't get his car yet. How far is Deer Island from the apartment? Is it in walking distance?

I agree but he didn't go to deer island, he went to the reserve channel in southie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't make sense to do that, to me anyway. If he is innocent wouldn't it make sense to tell his side? What IF he is found guilty...then what?

I agree logically but it's court.

Good morning all!

Whiteorchids said:
Thanks Niner but both female witness have finished their testimony. One found in fridge and one in freezer. Both around nine inches long. No post mortem banding. Not uncommon to find hair in fridge.

Well.... NOT in MY fridge!!! :eek:hwow: I just looked! LOL!

Whiteorchids said:
If he's acquitted does that mean the jury didn't buy the only witness testimony therefore voids and nulls that plea deal?

I hope so!!! RB needs to be in jail for LIFE!!! :jail:

Beautiful horse dyannaON! Hope you got that job!!! :skip:

BostonMom said:
Right hand was positive for blood? Whose? Did she fight her killer?

We have to wait for the people (CSI) that did the tests on these items; same with the hair in the fridge/freezer.

Jerrica will you be able to do the tweets today??? I can't....

Later!

No. I wonder why he hasn't. I would have thought he might jump at some lesser included charges.

I don't know. If I was his defense attorney, I might fight against adding lesser charges right now.

He probably thinks the jury will not vote GUILTY on Murder because there is not enough forensics and she is a horrible witness.

But if they give the jury a lesser charge, they will likely go for it. There is possible evidence that he might be involved in disposing of her---the weights and the placement etc.

So it's a tough decision---it's a big gamble.

I have a feeling DA is going to end it with a witness from the lab that testifies that hair is Bella's. What happened to the ex GF of MM? I thought she was going to testify today.

Hopefully the jury doesn't convict MM just to have someone held responsible for Bella's death since RB got away with a slap on the wrist.

But even if it is one of Bella's hairs, it doesn't mean PROOF that she was absolutely placed in the fridge, dead. Her hair could have transferred from a sippee cup that was put back in the fridge, or something like that.

If there was more forensics besides that, like MMs fingerprints on the bag or something, it would be more damning.

Perhaps this is untrue? Laurel J Sweet tweeted everything tested negative for semen. Hmmmm.

Google Alert I received - thought I'd share!

Forensic Scientist who examined evidence testifes in Bella Bond trial
http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...a-Bond-Case-to-Return-to-Stand-428134563.html

Scott testified she did a sex assault kit on Bond’s remains that was negative for semen but positive for saliva.

She also testified the zebra print blanket Bond was wrapped in tested positive for saliva and semen, and that she tested two stains on the polka dot leggings Bond was found wearing.

"The stain on the knee area was positive for the presence of semen and I took a small portion of the stain on the knee and the stain in the rear crotch area of the pants that was white and extracted those for sperm cells and what were the results of those extractions – those were negative,” Scott said.

Oops - I see RatKat beat me to it on Scott's testimony which wasn't tweeted AT ALL!!!

I am surprised no one has mentioned Abbey Scott's testimony. Saliva found with the rape kit. Semen on the knee of the leggings & on the blanket.
Who's saliva? Who's semen?
MAYBE the blanket could be explained away but not the rest. IMO.
http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...a-Bond-Case-to-Return-to-Stand-428134563.html

It is always disturbing to hear of any possible sexual assault on a child. Here is the link for that testimony...

https://youtu.be/sSe6y6SsGOQ

When Shapiro asked her 'was there any evidence linking MM to this crime' her answer was 'no'

wow. That changes everything. If they find his semen on the baby's clothing, I'd vote guilty.

Ty for the link. While difficult to think about, it was huge to me because it would have proven he was involved.

wow. That changes everything. If they find his semen on the baby's clothing, I'd vote guilty.

There were clothes laying all over that messy apartment. Not to be gross, but I can think of other ways that semen could have got there.
Now the saliva on her body is a different story.....but if it can't be linked to MM through DNA then it could be from anyone.

BUF.....will you be able to do tweets?

I can do tweets today, though I will also be keeping an eye on our news here in the UK too, with the tower block blaze :(

[video=twitter;874978010209947648]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/874978010209947648[/video]

[video=twitter;874979294329622528]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/874979294329622528[/video]

[video=twitter;874977480423202817]https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston/status/874977480423202817[/video]

I can do tweets today, though I will also be keeping an eye on our news here in the UK too, with the tower block blaze :(

Thank you, Jerrica! My tablet keeps freezing, so it is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02