MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shapiro will fight including those 'lesser' charges hard. There also may not be evidence to support the 1st degree with extreme atrocity and cruelty (judge brought that up).

Even if MM is found not guilty, that doesn't mean RB's plea is null & void, but it certainly helps 'if' the CW decides there is evidence to support her lying and then maybe go after her for perjury...let's hope.

Yeah, that would be the best thing but I don't see it happening!

It really surprises me that it's not the other way round. MM with the plea deal and the mother on trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has always said he thought Bella was with DCF and that is what RB told him. Nothing else, so there was no deal to offer him.

Time to catch up! Anything happen?
Interview went well. I think I'm a working girl again lol. [emoji16]
I had to bus home and I live in a city but interview was out in farmland :) j was waiting for my bus and heard some rustling behind me and low and behold this beauty wanted to say hi.
Thought I would share. Bring some smiles.
3e84d2977b155f471dc00709e45f515f.jpg

Sadly, we will never know the truth of what happened to sweet little Bella.

He has always said he thought Bella was with DCF and that is what RB told him. Nothing else, so there was no deal to offer him.

Good point. I don't think my brain is working today. I should really work these things out for myself lol!

Sorry about the previous post - lost my icons on top of the reply box - thought I'd post and "see" what it looked like... OOPS!

[video=twitter;874709953793208320]https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston/status/874709953793208320[/video]

[video=twitter;874710259021086721]https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston/status/874710259021086721[/video]

Right hand was positive for blood? Whose? Did she fight her killer?

im not so sure. im sure his attorney told him to shut it.

I really (and I think we all) want to hear MM's side of the story! If the defense doesn't put him on the stand then I will assume he had more to do with it than we are all thinking!

That is what leads me to believe he didn't actually kill her. He never blamed her when he could have but he claims he didn't know this whole time. The text he wrote while she was in housing court where he said don't let them know about Bella in DCF because we love her too much. Not we did love her too much. Plus he didn't get his car yet. How far is Deer Island from the apartment? Is it in walking distance?

I replayed Sprinsky testimony again last night where he said RB spanked her hard and she thought Bella had demons in her. Asked Bella why she has demons while spanking. What mother calls her little girl the B word and even worse after her little girl killed. She told JA Bella was acting like a b**** that night while punching JA in the head. She's crazy. I think RB probably instructed MM in the closet as she had as well. I think RB was the boss in that house.

Is RB eventually being charged with murder out of the question? Like they re-investigate and have additional evidence?

Doesn't make sense to do that, to me anyway. If he is innocent wouldn't it make sense to tell his side? What IF he is found guilty...then what?

Defense attorneys don't like to put their client on the stand because it opens them up to all kinds of questioning, and also, answers could be taken the wrong way. When you have a star witness like RB who was a disaster on the stand, there is no way I can see Shapiro having MM testify.

Is RB eventually being charged with murder out of the question? Like they re-investigate and have additional evidence?

Yeah, think the best thing we could hope for is perjury, but that's a longshot.

Defense attorneys don't like to put their client on the stand because it opens them up to all kinds of questioning, and also, answers could be taken the wrong way. When you have a star witness like RB who was a disaster on the stand, there is no way I can see Shapiro having MM testify.

At this rate, I don't think he needs to. IMO if the pros doesn't have something good coming, I don't even think the def needs to call anyone.

We know what was in RB statement I sure would like to know what MM statement says. Shapiro said if his witnesses were called on Friday should only take two days. I don't think he has many. Judge thinks this is going to the jury next week and needs to start working on the instructions.

We know what was in RB statement I sure would like to know what MM statement says. Shapiro said if his witnesses were called on Friday should only take two days. I don't think he has many. Judge thinks this is going to the jury next week and needs to start working on the instructions.

I have a feeling DA is going to end it with a witness from the lab that testifies that hair is Bella's. What happened to the ex GF of MM? I thought she was going to testify today.

Hopefully the jury doesn't convict MM just to have someone held responsible for Bella's death since RB got away with a slap on the wrist.

Just watched day 10 with regard to the drift analogies and nearly lost the will to live. After a battle I think Shapiro eventually won his point. If I have that wrong please say as I don't intend to watch that again lol

I have a feeling DA is going to end it with a witness from the lab that testifies that hair is Bella's. What happened to the ex GF of MM? I thought she was going to testify today.

Hopefully the jury doesn't convict MM just to have someone held responsible for Bella's death since RB got away with a slap on the wrist.

As much as people want justice for Bella and some would like to just see someone pay, we know that sending the wrong person to prison would not fulfill that. Poor Baby Bella would not be getting Justice.

JMO

MM doesn't have to prove he is innocent, the burden lies on the prosecution to prove he's guilty.

He won't testify...he doesn't need to because there is no credible evidence against him Again, legally he doesn't have to prove his innocence.

Jury's are accustomed to the defendant not testifying. So at this point it is too risky to put him on the stand. As far as the jury convicting someone just to convict someone, you have to remember those jurors are not as invested as we are and aren't looking for someone to pay. Their job is to review the evidence and follow the law to convict or not. As much as we are invested and want justice for this sweet little girl I don't think anyone on here would convict him at this point. So I'm not worried about the jury making the wrong decisions.

I do however truly feel RB will not walk free. State looks silly right now so they need to do damage control. I would think at this point they are the ones looking for someone to pay and to save face.
Unless they have some smoking gun no way MM is found guilty. I don't feel a smoking gun coming. All my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarishaikh