MA MA - Brittany Tee, 35, Brookfield, 10 Jan 2023 *last seen leaving a residence*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jan 18, 2023

BROOKFIELD - State and local police expanded their search Tuesday for missing Brookfield woman Brittany Tee to the woods off Routes 9 and 148. Investigators have also set up a special anonymous tipline specifically for information on her disappearance: 508-453-7589.

Tee, 35, has not been seen by family or friends for a full week now.

She was last seen walking away from her home on Main Street in Brookfield around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, January 10. Tee shares the house with her boyfriend. Her mother reported her missing Thursday night.

JAN 18, 2023
[...]

State and local police continued to scan a three-mile radius near Lewis Field on Wednesday. Their search has made use of ATVs, K-9 units and the Massachusetts State Police Air Wing, but some dedicated locals want to help ensure no stone is left unturned.

TD works for the East Brookfield Fire Department, and is one of more than 600 people in a Facebook group dedicated to finding Tee. Members have shared updates, fundraising efforts and prayers, and TD is rallying support for a horseback search party.

"I have two horses and they're both boarded up at Elm Hill Farm, which is not even one mile away from where her last sighting was," TD said. "It got me thinking we could cover a lot of area if we were to go on horseback, we ride through those woods anyway. Might as well open our eyes."

More than 20 people have shown interest in joining the search, but they're not able to help just yet. As of Wednesday, police hadn't opened up the search to the public, but TF believes that will change by the end of this week.

"There's people out there who really want to help,"TD said. "I've had people offer to bring food, I've had people offering to be coordinators. Help people organize where to park, where the horses will go and get groups together."

[...]

RIGHT.. she may of been seen walking away, assuming with good eyes, like LE on a ring. BUT, so then when or did the BF come after her was my thought from the beginning of this. If saw HER on a ring camera, and he took the same 'route', he'd be seen too. Don't know about a car of his. People would notice most likely if he's in an apt house like being shown or his car being started up maybe. I hope. IMO.
Only if he took the same route, but he wouldn’t have to appear on a camera. She could easily walk the road towards Lewis field and someone else could easily walk behind the house and barn to get to Lewis field and intercept. And nothing but a lot of wet marshy woods behind it. They could probably get there quicker than she could.

I can’t say that I would think to take an ipad on a “walk” with me along with my phone. Or at that hour no less. How come we don’t know more about why she left at night for a walk when the only place to go is Cumby’s in the opposite direction and felt the need to take her ipad along with the phone? Which wasn’t working. ? Was she hoping to find an open wifi for her ipad?

Why not release the video footage? Was she strolling or walking with purpose? Can you clearly see that it’s her?

BF was last person to see her and didn’t report her missing and he isn’t talking. She was living there with him. Yet people seem to think he has been ruled out. Why?

<modsnip - rumors>

And if something “unintentional” happened that could get someone else in trouble, then could be a situation where “they” dealt with it. And had 3 days. Just speculation of course.

<modsnip - no link for image>

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if he took the same route, but he wouldn’t have to appear on a camera. She could easily walk the road towards Lewis field and someone else could easily walk behind the house and barn to get to Lewis field and intercept. And nothing but a lot of wet marshy woods behind it. They could probably get there quicker than she could.

I can’t say that I would think to take an ipad on a “walk” with me along with my phone. Or at that hour no less. How come we don’t know more about why she left at night for a walk when the only place to go is Cumby’s in the opposite direction and felt the need to take her ipad along with the phone? Which wasn’t working. ? Was she hoping to find an open wifi for her ipad?

Why not release the video footage? Was she strolling or walking with purpose? Can you clearly see that it’s her?

BF was last person to see her and didn’t report her missing and he isn’t talking. She was living there with him. Yet people seem to think he has been ruled out. Why?

<modsnip - rumors>

And if something “unintentional” happened that could get someone else in trouble, then could be a situation where “they” dealt with it. And had 3 days. Just speculation of course.
Welcome to Websleuths, DBL06. You make some very good points.

It may be that people think the boyfriend has been ruled out because LE has stated that he's cooperating. We hear this a lot. Chris Watts cooperated. In the recent case of Ana Walshe, her husband was cooperating. One was convicted of murder and the other has been charged. "Cooperating" does not mean "ruled out."

We know little to nothing about the boyfriend. And I'm not accusing him of anything, but aside from 1) he was the last person to see her, and 2) he didn't report her missing, he's going to be the first person LE looks at simply due to statistics.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Brittany was last seen on 10 January, about 8:30PM. From what has been reported by MSM, she left the home she shared with her BF, and began walking along Main St., in the general direction of Lewis Field. She has not been seen or heard from since. Her family indicates this is unusual behavior:

[...]
On Tuesday, Brittany’s mother, Susan M. Tee, said it is not like her daughter to just disappear without calling her family to check in or tell her of her whereabouts.
[...]

Search for Brittany Tee expanded Wednesday in Brookfield

MSM indicated that Brittany's car was not in running condition at the time she left. Searches within a 2-3 mile radius of her last known location have found nothing tangible so far.

Several things come to mind here:

- Why did her BF not report her missing after three days?
- With her car not running, where would Brittany be walking to?
- Have there been any recent domestic incidents/issues between Brittany and her BF?
- Does Brittany have any family members or friends living in that general area?

MOO, but it seems likely that if Brittany left that residence, after dark, in winter, and on foot, then her planned destination must have been fairly close by. Also, if Brittany and her BF were having an argument that night, it's possible she could have left the house and began walking just to 'cool off' before returning home. Again MOO.

Brittany was last seen on 10 January, about 8:30PM. From what has been reported by MSM, she left the home she shared with her BF, and began walking along Main St., in the general direction of Lewis Field. She has not been seen or heard from since. Her family indicates this is unusual behavior:

[...]
On Tuesday, Brittany’s mother, Susan M. Tee, said it is not like her daughter to just disappear without calling her family to check in or tell her of her whereabouts.
[...]

Search for Brittany Tee expanded Wednesday in Brookfield

MSM indicated that Brittany's car was not in running condition at the time she left. Searches within a 2-3 mile radius of her last known location have found nothing tangible so far.

Several things come to mind here:

- Why did her BF not report her missing after three days?
- With her car not running, where would Brittany be walking to?
- Have there been any recent domestic incidents/issues between Brittany and her BF?
- Does Brittany have any family members or friends living in that general area?

MOO, but it seems likely that if Brittany left that residence, after dark, in winter, and on foot, then her planned destination must have been fairly close by. Also, if Brittany and her BF were having an argument that night, it's possible she could have left the house and began walking just to 'cool off' before returning home. Again MOO.
Your first thought is my biggest question, "Why did her BF not report her missing after three days?"

Your first thought is my biggest question, "Why did her BF not report her missing after three days?"
MOO, but this could be significant. Not trying to imply anything, but IMO it seems noteworthy that the person living with Brittany didn't notify her family or LE that she was missing. IIRC it was three days after she was last seen that her family reported her missing.

<modsnip - rumors>

I agree with all and as I was writing about him or someone, following her, I did picture they'd prob sneak along behind houses, things. True. So her Ipad is missing? I'd have to go back and look around for what she took but I think it was her phone (don't know why it was not working as said, how not working) Her car is supp to be not working well either. I don't think I noticed sidewalks on google map of the house area. It was dark. Right about need to see vid, was she drinking? High? Just saying only because of impaired thinking if did have an argument. Three days is right...she leaves the house on foot assuming he was there at the time? He doesnt' hear from her, did he leave messages or call her sisters/ mother to tell them to tell her he's trying to get in touch.. they live together. Forget the CLEARED unless he was not in the vicinity at alllllllllllll and proved. So all sickening, yes.

brittany tee

WCVB
Surveillance footage of Brittany from Jan. 6, 2023 -- four days before she disappeared.

Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early said investigators believe Tee was still in the area and stressed that they have set up a search area and not a crime scene.

According to Early, investigators have no reason to believe Tee was kidnapped.

"Her boyfriend has been very cooperative with us. Everyone has been very cooperative with us, and that is encouraging," Early said. "We've been through a lot of these investigations, and when you've got everyone cooperating, is it a good sign? Yes, in terms of whether or not it's a search or a crime scene."

Brittany Tee

Missing Brookfield woman Brittany Tee, 35, was last seen leaving a residence in Brookfield around 8:30 p.m. Jan. 10. She was last seen wearing a black winter coat, hoodie, jeans and work boots, officials said.

“They’re going to be working with the state police and used as additional manpower,” Early said. “It’s nice how everyone is coming together. Whenever you get additional agencies, it’s a force multiplier.”

In the meantime, investigators are reviewing all the videos the public has submitted, Early said.

“We appreciate all the members of the public who have given us tips,” the DA said. “If you’ve been putting off looking at your video, please take a look at it. We’ve had some great stuff come in. Again, if it doesn’t show exactly where she might be, it does help us eliminate some areas so that they can focus on the areas where we’re hoping we’ll find Brittany and we’re hoping we’ll find her alive.”

brittany tee

WCVB
Surveillance footage of Brittany from Jan. 6, 2023 -- four days before she disappeared.

Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early said investigators believe Tee was still in the area and stressed that they have set up a search area and not a crime scene.

According to Early, investigators have no reason to believe Tee was kidnapped.

"Her boyfriend has been very cooperative with us. Everyone has been very cooperative with us, and that is encouraging," Early said. "We've been through a lot of these investigations, and when you've got everyone cooperating, is it a good sign? Yes, in terms of whether or not it's a search or a crime scene."

Brittany Tee

Missing Brookfield woman Brittany Tee, 35, was last seen leaving a residence in Brookfield around 8:30 p.m. Jan. 10. She was last seen wearing a black winter coat, hoodie, jeans and work boots, officials said.

“They’re going to be working with the state police and used as additional manpower,” Early said. “It’s nice how everyone is coming together. Whenever you get additional agencies, it’s a force multiplier.”

In the meantime, investigators are reviewing all the videos the public has submitted, Early said.

“We appreciate all the members of the public who have given us tips,” the DA said. “If you’ve been putting off looking at your video, please take a look at it. We’ve had some great stuff come in. Again, if it doesn’t show exactly where she might be, it does help us eliminate some areas so that they can focus on the areas where we’re hoping we’ll find Brittany and we’re hoping we’ll find her alive.”
I wonder where they are hoping to find her?? Been a long time, though I hope she IS found and well enough. ODD statement as gone long time. Scary for family as sure they and town/friends have turned everything over the can on her and any possibilities. Not fair of course. They / LE always keep the BF or 'first looked at' a bit in the 'darkness of 'cleared/ no problems' so they don't run or otherwise interfere in search and finding or not.

I wonder where they are hoping to find her?? Been a long time, though I hope she IS found and well enough. ODD statement as gone long time. Scary for family as sure they and town/friends have turned everything over the can on her and any possibilities. Not fair of course. They / LE always keep the BF or 'first looked at' a bit in the 'darkness of 'cleared/ no problems' so they don't run or otherwise interfere in search and finding or not.
IMO, authorities are hoping to preserve evidence, and have a good idea here, and not seeking/encouraging the public help to search.

Def want and need no trampling in the woods/ areas. Just wonder why they think she IS there and alive.
IMO, I think investigators want the suspect to think they think she is alive and voluntarily missing.

However, statistically, 48 hours of missing seldom results in good news. By all accounts, Brittany wouldn't be one to worry her mom and not make contact. MOO

JAN 19, 2023
[...]

Authorities halted their ground search on Thursday as they undertook logistical work setting up other search areas, District Attorney Joseph D. Early, Jr. said in a video message.

The ground search is set to resume in Brookfield on Saturday, he said.

Brookfield resident Brittany Tee, 35, was last seen Jan. 10. – Worcester County District Attorney
The Massachusetts State Police marine and dive units and the Massachusetts Environmental Police are among the agencies contributing to the search. Investigators are also continuing to review submitted video and information, according to Early.

[...]

Let's hope they find some footage that's fruitful.

JAN 19, 2023

Early said in the meantime, investigators are reviewing the pictures, videos and information from the public.

Bring on the phone records.

Tuesday night - Brittany doesn't return home. Any calls or texts to her phone? "Hey, where you at?"

Wednesday night - Brittany doesn't return home. Was there any, "Hey, you okay?" "Please check in."

Thursday night - Brittany doesn't return home. Surely there's a "Really worried about you - call me!"

Yes or no?

MOO
I thought it was said that he phone wasn't working. No?

I thought it was said that he phone wasn't working. No?
I think it was working initially since it pinged near the police barracks. I'm not sure we know when it stopped working. ? MOO

They believe she had her wallet, iPad and cellphone with her, but her phone is no longer working.

Bring on the phone records.

Tuesday night - Brittany doesn't return home. Any calls or texts to her phone? "Hey, where you at?"

Wednesday night - Brittany doesn't return home. Was there any, "Hey, you okay?" "Please check in."

Thursday night - Brittany doesn't return home. Surely there's a "Really worried about you - call me!"

Yes or no?

MOO
From this interview, seems the authorities are being protective of the privacy of any communication or efforts by the family. Also, the DA here confirms BT had her phone with her and was on foot when she was last seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back