MA MA - Brittany Tee, 35, Brookfield, 10 Jan 2023 *last seen leaving a residence*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the reporters' questions posed to the DA and Brookfield PD, it seems this is a small community where Brittany is known by many. This is good in that the community will help keep this story alive which is not always true for a single, 35 yr old female who works odd jobs.

I'm often suspicious when the DA is front and center so early during a missing case and I want to caution readers not to think that Brookfield PD are incapable, uninterested, or not doing enough to locate the missing resident.

More recently, we learned during PA's missing Elizabeth Capaldi's case that the County DA, also front and center early, was using the subpoena power of a grand jury to obtain answers quicker than the local PD could obtain search warrants requiring probable cause before a judge can sign off. This can be a stumbling block for missing adults that can voluntarily go missing and not reach out to anybody for whatever reason.

Fortunately for authorities in PA, the first time the local PD could bring the husband in for questioning also corresponded with the grand jury indicting the husband for the murder of his wife. Hours later, the husband was leading police to an area he disposed of parts of his wife's dismembered body. Up until then, from the perspective of the public, it didn't appear the police had a clue or wanted a clue. (And since the grand jury is secret, the husband thought he committed the perfect murder and nobody was the wiser).

I'm certainly hoping for a better outcome with Brittany. MOO

Last edited:
JAN 20, 2023
[...]

At a news conference on Monday, officials said Tee was reported missing to local police late Thursday night on Jan. 12 and that a number of leads were investigated shortly afterwards. Information gathered from those leads have since led to the search areas authorities continue to focus on, according to the district attorney.

“What we really want to make sure is that anyone that has any video at all, and a lot of people have come forward – it’s been very helpful,” District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. said at the conference. “If it doesn’t lead us somewhere, it helps us to eliminate different things that can help us go into the right direction. But check your garages, check your sheds – if you’ve got a hunting blind, check that, too.”

Early also said Tee was believed to have had her phone on her at the time she was last seen, and that state and local police were actively working with Apple and Facebook to obtain electronic evidence that might assist in the investigation.

[...]

JAN 21, 2022
Investigators have searched the woods off Routes 9 and 148 for any sign of her, going door to door and looking through backyards.

Saturday's search will include a marine unit and dive team.

The DA’s Office is urging people to check their home surveillance cameras to see if they spot Tee.

“We’ve got some great stuff coming in, and again, if it doesn’t show us exactly where she might be, it does help us eliminate some areas so we can focus on other areas,” said Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early. “We’re hoping to find Brittany, we’re hoping to find her alive.”

Last edited:
JAN 21, 2023
Mass. State Police said the search has resumed in a large wooded area near her home and along route 9 and route 148.

"Search for Brittany Tee resumed today in large woods near her #Brookfield home & along Rts 9 & 148. 18 Troopers from MSP search/rescue unit along w/K9s, drone, patrols, detectives, local officers and cadets and 2 civilian teams working. Anyone w/ info, please call 508-453-7589." pic.twitter.com/45dbtZIlSK

- Mass State Police (@MassStatePolice) January 21, 2023

[...]

Massachusetts State Police | Facebook

Video update here (second video in the article):

I can't get the video's to play for some reason. Was there any new information?
Not really, just an update on search efforts, reiterating to call with tips, still a missing person's case, etc. They did clarify that they do NOT have her cell phone which was reported by one news outlet.

Here's the FB post:

The joint-agency search for Brittany Tee resumed today in a large wooded area near her #Brookfield home as well as along Routes 9 and 148. Today’s operation involves 18 Troopers from MSP’s Special Emergency Response Team (our specially trained search and rescue unit) along with multiple State Police K9 teams, our Drone Unit, MSP Troop C patrols, Brookfield and Worcester Police Officers and Worcester Police Cadets. We are also assisted by two trained civilian teams, Berkshire Mountain Search and Rescue and Central Mass Search and Rescue. Ms. Tee, 35, was last seen leaving her home on the night of Jan. 10. Please see her description and recent photos of her on the poster. Anyone with information about her or who thinks they may have seen her is asked to call the tip line at 508-453-7589.

ETA: @Knox, I found another video here:

Last edited:
Not really, just an update on search efforts, reiterating to call with tips, still a missing person's case, etc. They did clarify that they do NOT have her cell phone which was reported by one news outlet.

Here's the FB post:

The joint-agency search for Brittany Tee resumed today in a large wooded area near her #Brookfield home as well as along Routes 9 and 148. Today’s operation involves 18 Troopers from MSP’s Special Emergency Response Team (our specially trained search and rescue unit) along with multiple State Police K9 teams, our Drone Unit, MSP Troop C patrols, Brookfield and Worcester Police Officers and Worcester Police Cadets. We are also assisted by two trained civilian teams, Berkshire Mountain Search and Rescue and Central Mass Search and Rescue. Ms. Tee, 35, was last seen leaving her home on the night of Jan. 10. Please see her description and recent photos of her on the poster. Anyone with information about her or who thinks they may have seen her is asked to call the tip line at 508-453-7589.

ETA: @Knox, I found another video here:

DA used the presser to promote the tip line, remind homeowners to check their outbuildings and sheds, provide that the dive teams will be out next week, depending on the weather, and also did a big side step around questions relating to substance abuse or self-harm, citing family privacy.

DA did confirm family is working closely with investigators to help identify BT's friends, habits, etc. to help locate their loved one. This is still a missing person investigation and authorities hope to find her alive.

Sadly, stats for an adult missing 10+ days without contact does not look good. I'm not getting a criminal vibe or any perceived threat to the community. JMO

DA used the presser to promote the tip line, remind homeowners to check their outbuildings and sheds, provide that the dive teams will be out next week, depending on the weather, and also did a big side step around questions relating to substance abuse or self-harm, citing family privacy.

DA did confirm family is working closely with investigators to help identify BT's friends, habits, etc. to help locate their loved one. This is still a missing person investigation and authorities hope to find her alive.

Sadly, stats for an adult missing 10+ days without contact does not look good. I'm not getting a criminal vibe or any perceived threat to the community. JMO
I agree, Seattle, although there are several things that bother me and we’re missing some key information.
  • The person she lived with didn’t report her missing. And, there could be a very good reason for that. But if so, we unfortunately haven’t heard what it is.
  • The case was promptly turned over to the District Attorney’s office.
  • We have no information about her mental state, drug/alcohol use, if boyfriend has criminal history, DV in the relationship, etc. etc. Any of these things could sway my opinion in one way or the other.
  • Statistics
I believe I heard LE say that searches will continue into next week. Something is leading them to believe that Brittany is still in that area. I'm curious what that is. MOO

JAN 21, 2023
[...]

Following Saturday’s expanded search, efforts to look for Tee will continue into next week. The State Police Dive Team is expected to conduct water searches, weather permitting, Early noted at a press conference Saturday morning.

“They have to have the proper conditions in order to not put anyone at risk,” Early said about the State Police divers.

[...]

“The family’s been wonderful. They really have. They’re working hand in hand with us. You know, it’s just such a tough situation,” the district attorney added. “As I said before, the hardest part of this job is talking to people in pain.”

The district attorney would not comment on whether substance abuse is believed to be a factor in the woman’s disappearance.

“Those are privacy concerns. You know, everyone deals, every family deals with what they deal with. What we’re just looking for is information that leads us to where she might be,” her said. “Hopefully, she’s still alive.”

[...]

Here you go, @Knox! ^^^ :)

I agree, Seattle, although there are several things that bother me and we’re missing some key information.
  • The person she lived with didn’t report her missing. And, there could be a very good reason for that. But if so, we unfortunately haven’t heard what it is.
  • The case was promptly turned over to the District Attorney’s office.
  • We have no information about her mental state, drug/alcohol use, if boyfriend has criminal history, DV in the relationship, etc. etc. Any of these things could sway my opinion in one way or the other.
  • Statistics
I believe I heard LE say that searches will continue into next week. Something is leading them to believe that Brittany is still in that area. I'm curious what that is. MOO
Yes, yes, and yes.

She apparently left on foot with no known destination which is also odd for a woman to do in the dead of winter. And police are not encouraging public searches and doing a good job here to prevent that by showing such a united front--using only LE personnel to search the area.

I probably should have said if foul play is suspected, authorities are not looking for a boogeyman at large. But I'm also afraid side-stepping the substance abuse question spoke volumes, regardless of privacy concerns. What's clear is Brittany is known by many in the community and they are worried about her. I hope she's feeling the love wherever she is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj
Back