MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there any link to the story about the surfer seeing Caleigh? Because I have heard rumors of witnesses who saw her at the beach, but have never seen anything in an actual article. I would really like to know, because then I would be almost certain that she was swept out to sea, instead of wondering if her mom is involved. It would be sad, but then I could just focus on sending love and sympathy vibes to mom instead of feeling suspicious.

Only once in a while does a case really get under my skin... this one (because Caleigh looks so much like my youngest) and Brian and Shannon Gore (because the case was so unbelievable and freaky). It seems like the Gores got away with murdering their baby son and have yet to stand trial for almost starving their little girl to death. I just hope all possibilities are being investigated in Caleigh's case, because I am soooo tired of people getting away with crimes against children.

Please, please, if there is any link about witnesses who actually saw Caleigh at the beach, post it! I would sleep so much better.

It could be possible that the 4 year sister was able to at least say that Caliegh was at the beach that day. Other than that what landfills do you search? If she didn't go into the water than she could be anywhere?

Since the police are being very quiet about everything, nobody knows what the sister said.

I would assume you would search landfills close to her home, IF there are no witnesses that actually saw Caleigh at the beach. There are really 3 main possibilities: 1) swept out to sea; 2) she never was at the beach and mom is involved; or 3) stranger abduction (very unlikely).

IF she was actually seen at the beach, then there is probably no need to check landfills or use scent dogs at the mom's home. Chances are she was swept out to sea in a terrible accident then, not abducted. How likely is it for a predator to lurk unseen, hoping for the one-in-a-million chance that mom would leave the children unattended for minutes at a time, and they would be able to take a child without the other child describing them, or anyone seeing? Seems highly unlikely to me, and LE has said the same thing.

Since she was not found in the water, and since I have yet to see a credible report that witnesses saw Caleigh at the beach, I worry that mom may be involved... but supposedly this family has strong ties in the community. The community is certainly protective of them. Is political correctness keeping police from investigating thoroughly and/or keeping them from reporting info to the media that doesn't look good for the mom?

Yes, I am not a family member, nor law enforcement, but I see too many holes. Please, fill them for me so I can stop being suspicious...

Since the police are being very quiet about everything, nobody knows what the sister said.

I would assume you would search landfills close to her home, IF there are no witnesses that actually saw Caleigh at the beach. There are really 3 main possibilities: 1) swept out to sea; 2) she never was at the beach and mom is involved; or 3) stranger abduction (very unlikely).

IF she was actually seen at the beach, then there is probably no need to check landfills or use scent dogs at the mom's home. Chances are she was swept out to sea in a terrible accident then, not abducted. How likely is it for a predator to lurk unseen, hoping for the one-in-a-million chance that mom would leave the children unattended for minutes at a time, and they would be able to take a child without the other child describing them, or anyone seeing? Seems highly unlikely to me, and LE has said the same thing.

Since she was not found in the water, and since I have yet to see a credible report that witnesses saw Caleigh at the beach, I worry that mom may be involved... but supposedly this family has strong ties in the community. The community is certainly protective of them. Is political correctness keeping police from investigating thoroughly and/or keeping them from reporting info to the media that doesn't look good for the mom?

Yes, I am not a family member, nor law enforcement, but I see too many holes. Please, fill them for me so I can stop being suspicious...

Page 2 mentions surfer but does not say what information he gave LE. Will look for more...

Agonizing search along Rockport’s Long Beach

http://articles.boston.com/2012-04-21/news/31379563_1_coast-guard-divers-state-police/2

Comments on this story describe surfer:

http://************************/2012/04/suspicions-in-caleigh-harrison.html

It was the only place that I found it mentioned......

In my book, anonymous comments are basically just rumors, especially since it is not the surfer himself posting. I really want to hear from LE or media sources that there was a witness who saw Caleigh at the beach.

(Although I do feel a little better about Caleigh's mom after reading those comments - thanks!)

Can someone pm me the link to the mom's fb page please! I've just spent literally 20 minutes going through pages and can't find it :( TIA!

Want to add this family's story. They own a hot dog stand...think it was called Lucky Dog...on Rt28. They were so incredibly touching. A situation similar to Caleigh's occurred with a relative's child. He (think they said he) was about same age as Caleigh, he was standing with family on beach during receding high tide and was pulled far out before family even realized he was gone. They said though that he was found within days. I hope and pray something occurs soon that brings Caleigh home to the Harrison's.

Are you saying someone related to Caleigh went through this????
Woe, woe if this is what you mean my hinky meter just broke!
Using anothers tragedy is not uncommon when you need a beleivable story.

My meter is going off to. I mean, if she already had a relative experience this type of tragedy, then why the heck would she have walked away from her two toddlers while they were in a similar dangerous position, on the shore?

NO...a resounding NO. I wrote "Want to add this family's story." Meaning a story of a family met during the passing out of fliers. Post was meant to be a continuation of my previous post.

Can see though why a quick read of my words could be misconstrued....am sorry post was not clearer.

My meter is going off to. I mean, if she already had a relative experience this type of tragedy, then why the heck would she have walked away from her two toddlers while they were in a similar dangerous position, on the shore?

Please re-read what I wrote. Worded differently....The family that owns the Lucky Dog hot dog stand had a situation similar as Caleigh's occur in their family.

Trust me, if my post pertained to Caleigh's family....it of been in bold and I wouldn't have been sympathetic in tone.

Again, sorry if post was unclear.

I wonder if the 4 yr old has finally said something. I would not be surprised if she did and it the story dissappears out of the news. Lets say she finally said she watched Caliegh walk into the water. Why would they want that out, and it would be out forever and this girl would grow up seeing it, and now at this age without the guilt being thrown at her for not doing anything she might make it out to be ok. kwim? Just my thoughts.

I wonder if the 4 yr old has finally said something. I would not be surprised if she did and it the story dissappears out of the news. Lets say she finally said she watched Caliegh walk into the water. Why would they want that out, and it would be out forever and this girl would grow up seeing it, and now at this age without the guilt being thrown at her for not doing anything she might make it out to be ok. kwim? Just my thoughts.

Think the bottom line of your post re out there forever.....is absolutely correct. As it is, questions/speculations regarding the 4yo are out there forever already. Do think people tend to forget the ability of the Internet to provide a permanent record of the past.

So, taking that future factor into account.....

Lizzy,

The only responsibility you had as a child, was to be a child. Any other responsibility placed upon you was wrong. Do pray you have been able to establish within you a strong understanding, and acceptance, of the differences in responsibility that exist between the role of a sibling and the role of a parent.

The members of Websleuths are caring, intelligent people. All minds work overtime when a child goes missing. You may read a post that makes you angry, or sad, or even one that makes you feel you held a responsibility. Don't take it to heart...recognize that it comes from the hearts of strangers whose main purpose is to bring Caleigh home. :grouphug:

Sorry to have to ask for more help with questions on water, tide movement etc but cannot seem to grasp an understanding unless the wording of explanation is pretty basic.

Am trying to understand the water flow of Saratoga Creek approx 1 hour after high tide. Does the water flow from the tidal basin consistently flow out towards sea? Or does it wax & wane? Also, would anyone know the depth of tidal basin?

Have searched for such information but what comes up is mostly charts/graphs....not much help when words alone draw a blank. TIA

The family of Caleigh Harrison is receiving guidance from the organization, Mission for the Missing. Caleigh's parents, Anthony and Allison, are being encouraged to speak publicly about the incident. This is a good thing as lack of parental response is partly responsible for the speculation that arose.

Do hope that time brings them healing....and Caleigh home to rest.

Can someone pm me the link to the mom's fb page please! I've just spent literally 20 minutes going through pages and can't find it :( TIA!

https://www.facebook.com/allihamm77

not much to see anymore, it seems to have been made private... but if you go to her "Wall" and keep clicking "older posts" you can see her comments "my heart hurts" and "I love you my baby. forever in my heart ♥" -- both made within 24 hours of Caleigh's disappearance.

Someone from the Harrison family is supposed to be on Nancy Grace this evening. Do not know which member.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back