MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is that there were two women further down on the beach. And that they heard Allison calling for Caleigh as she (Allison) was running into the water. And that they called 911 at that time. Am under the impression the women did not see the family prior to that time but can't say for sure if that is correct. It is also my understanding that Allison is a trained lifeguard and strong swimmer. Believe this is part of the reason for belief/push re abduction scenario. Seems the opinion held is when taking the time frame into consideration (re 2 mins +/- alone), the flow of current at that location (south along rocks, then north around rocks towards Cape Hedge beach), Allison's life guard training and the in-depth search by LE (which started right quick after call)..... Caleigh should have been rescued/recovered.

Not if the rip tides were 10-12 feet that day as reported.

Not if the rip tides were 10-12 feet that day as reported.

Would you explain further please, Leomoon80? Preferably with simple wording. What I wrote was not my opinion, rather an understanding extended by another close to situation.

Also, would you please be able to explain the movement of the creek water, at time of receding tide? And movement of water in tidal basin? TIA

Found this re riptides. But not sure I am interpreting correctly. Would that round basin to the back be a tidal basin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Backcomp-clean.gif

I'm not an Oceanographer, nor am I in the Coast Guard although my husband was for 4 years, and he felt you could not "dismiss it out of hand"'
That this is what may have happened.

Actually, I'm not even a swimmer!

I'm not an Oceanographer, nor am I in the Coast Guard although my husband was for 4 years, and he felt you could not "dismiss it out of hand"'
That this is what may have happened.

Actually, I'm not even a swimmer!

Thank you Leomoon80. Am not a swimmer either....which makes for really limited awareness of water movement.

Here is the scenario that has me wondering about water movement/tidal basin.

Allison parked her car on Old Country Rd...to back of houses. Suppose then the familiar route to beach was to walk along the side of seawall to sand by foot bridge. And that, through previous visits, the familiar walk to top of seawall was through yard/walkway alongside last house.

If Allison told the girls to stay where they were but Caleigh wanted to be with her Mom on seawall....then perhaps she went with familiar know-how? Walking/running to the back along the sidewall, with intent to go up yard to Mom. (Two of my 6 were quite capable of such thinking/action at that age.)

The area to the back is where the creeks/ocean outlet converge. Looking to the West...the tidal basin is to North, outlet to ocean is East and other creek is to south. Could there be a whirlpool effect at that convergence that might draw back into tidal basin? Is the basin depth enough to have underwater currents? Is there heavy plant growth? Trying to find those answers.

Do understand re power of the ocean tides. But giving Allison the benefit of the doubt re time, her view of the ocean from seawall, the immediate rescue response of Allison and surfer in the water, and the rapid response of LE search and the results of their water current testing with buoys...do wonder about the tidal basin.

Know that the basin area was gone over by LE. But as have written previously, the Chestnut Reservoir was thoroughly searched for days by LE in the search for Franco Garcia yet 7 weeks later that is where his body surfaced.

From this link:
The day it occurred (I read it was 12:25 or was reported then):

Thurs. April 19th, 2012:
Police are searching for a 2-year-old girl who went missing
near Long Beach in Rockport shortly after noon today, a State Police
spokesman said.

David Procopio said State and local police, along with dive
teams, are searching for Caleigh Anne Harrison, who is 2 years, 9 months
old.

“At approximately noon, Caleigh Harrison was playing at the
beach or around the beach area with her sister -- her mother was nearby
as well,” Procopio said. “At some point in that time Caleigh went
missing.”

A preliminary investigation suggested that the two children
may have went into a grassy area looking for a ball or for some other
reason, Procopio said, and “suddenly only one of the children was in
view of the mother.” Caleigh’s sister is approximately one year older
than her, according to Procopio.

The family was on or near this foot bridge between Long Beach and Cape Hedge Beach on the rocky shore.

"They
were in an area where an estuary empties," said Mass. State Police
spokesman Dave Procopio. "At that time of day, it would have been
emptying out into the Atlantic Ocean. It was probably right after high
tide."

State Police dive teams spent four hours in the rough
conditions before suspending their efforts for the night. Helicopters
searched the ocean, creek and land from above, and police searched 200
nearby cottages and cars - all came up with nothing.

And while police say they won't rule out any possibility, many signs point to the ocean.

"On
the outgoing tide, it all funnels, it can suck you right out," said
Rapp. "I've seen surfers and guys ripped off the shore fishing. It's a
nasty place, people take it for granted."

http://www.necn.com/04/19/12/Search...g-fro/landing.html?blockID=693010&feedID=4753

thanks for the link......I found the little girl's dob already and it's here:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...USMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
dob: July 27, 2009 Rockport MA.

It appears since this will be a Missing Child officially, not knowing whether she drowned or was taken by a stranger that day.....they now are releasing the info. with the dob.

I don't think the little angel is here any longer. But of course I hope I'm wrong too. And I do believe she drowned although it could of course, go either way. Just would be nice if the family would eventually have closure one way or another, but I'm not betting on it, some people never do.

:(

Thank you Leomoon80. Am not a swimmer either....which makes for really limited awareness of water movement.

Here is the scenario that has me wondering about water movement/tidal basin.

Allison parked her car on Old Country Rd...to back of houses. Suppose then the familiar route to beach was to walk along the side of seawall to sand by foot bridge. And that, through previous visits, the familiar walk to top of seawall was through yard/walkway alongside last house.

If Allison told the girls to stay where they were but Caleigh wanted to be with her Mom on seawall....then perhaps she went with familiar know-how? Walking/running to the back along the sidewall, with intent to go up yard to Mom. (Two of my 6 were quite capable of such thinking/action at that age.)

The area to the back is where the creeks/ocean outlet converge. Looking to the West...the tidal basin is to North, outlet to ocean is East and other creek is to south. Could there be a whirlpool effect at that convergence that might draw back into tidal basin? Is the basin depth enough to have underwater currents? Is there heavy plant growth? Trying to find those answers.

Do understand re power of the ocean tides. But giving Allison the benefit of the doubt re time, her view of the ocean from seawall, the immediate rescue response of Allison and surfer in the water, and the rapid response of LE search and the results of their water current testing with buoys...do wonder about the tidal basin.

Know that the basin area was gone over by LE. But as have written previously, the Chestnut Reservoir was thoroughly searched for days by LE in the search for Franco Garcia yet 7 weeks later that is where his body surfaced.

I see the logic .......and yes, she may indeed be found much later as Franco Garcia was. I pray the family does get closure .

Reminder re Caleigh's family being on Nancy Grace this evening. Has been indicated that mother will be on. Hope she stays strong.....

NG kind of tore into Dad as today there is a detailed description of a perp (very detailed for a 4-yr old) and NG wants to know why he did not tell her that last night, when he already knew? If a man takes your child, why would you hold back on what he is supposed to look like? He did not have an answer.

Those parents sure seemed calm. My wife thought something was hinky about them. I also think the sudden revelation of the alleged suspect was strange, like Nancy.

I think she may have gotten more from him if she were not so rough on him. I thought he was trying to say they were taking her to a child psychologist and he wanted to do that first-but she kept interrupting him. He seemed very flustered.

I think she may have gotten more from him if she were not so rough on him. I thought he was trying to say they were taking her to a child psychologist and he wanted to do that first-but she kept interrupting him. He seemed very flustered.

He was forewarned by others that Nancy goes for the throat...she was kind last night....may have thrown him off his guard.

Don't think that interview helped either of them But at least helps Caleigh re awareness.

I think the older sister is making up the story about the man on the beach because she thinks that is what her parents and police want to hear. Kids that age can have a lively imagination and can make up lots of imaginary stories and even start to believe them. She may even be confused by now about what she saw, if she even saw anything. Or if she gave her sister a push and she fell into the water, she may feel guilt and want to keep that to herself.

I live in MA and it's sad because the story is fading, so if there's a chance she's out there being on the show will hopefully do some good.

What I don't understand is from the very first call, couldn't they have put roadblocks up? There's only 3 ways out of Rockport and 2 off the island. It's a shame that if there was even a chance that an abduction could have happened, that they couldn't have done that rather quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back