MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is hard for me to believe the detail of the description came from the child without any prompting, etc...it was VERY detailed...
The whole thing is beyond me, I cannot imagine chasing after a ball and leaving two babies alone...I know, not beating up on Mom, but it just boggles my mind. I think she ended up in the water, personally. Someone should have heard a car, or seen a car, or a man, etc... beside the 4-yr old that is...but JMO

I think the father added more details into the daughter's description of the man because the description without the extra details could describe him.

There have been times before when the guilty party has tried to finger someone else, but accidentally describes themselves as the perpetrator.

What I don't understand is from the very first call, couldn't they have put roadblocks up? There's only 3 ways out of Rockport and 2 off the island. It's a shame that if there was even a chance that an abduction could have happened, that they couldn't have done that rather quickly.

Well it's a small town-that would have tied up LE at a time when it was thought she was in the water or on the beach somewhere. Also, if someone did take her, chances are they lived in town and would not travel out of town with her.

I think the father added more details into the daughter's description of the man because the description without the extra details could describe him.

There have been times before when the guilty party has tried to finger someone else, but accidentally describes themselves as the perpetrator.

Any LE confirmation regarding Caleigh or Dad being on the beach? I think Dad said Caleigh's sister spoke about the man days later-but a week later, LE was saying there was no evidence of an abduction.

What I don't understand is from the very first call, couldn't they have put roadblocks up? There's only 3 ways out of Rockport and 2 off the island. It's a shame that if there was even a chance that an abduction could have happened, that they couldn't have done that rather quickly.

Welcome to WS by the way!

The first thing that popped into my head when I heard the description was that alot of it resembled the dad.

I wonder if the dad didn't put alot of the details out before his daughter saw the psychologist because he wanted some kind of validation from someone else about the story. Possible he didn't really believe it at first, contrary to what he stated on NG, and was wary about giving such a detailed description before it was checked out in some way so as to avoid some kind of embarrassment.

Children that age can be surprising with what they can testify to, and some have vivid imaginations. Without knowing the child personally, it would be hard to say whether she is telling the truth or telling the truth as she believes it to be in her imagination.

Sadly, I think Caleigh's in the water. :(

Well it's a small town-that would have tied up LE at a time when it was thought she was in the water or on the beach somewhere. Also, if someone did take her, chances are they lived in town and would not travel out of town with her.

That's true. I would think Gloucester PD would help too though. I can't see someone risking keeping her in town, especially such a small town. Then again I can't see someone from out of town being there watching for the perfect opportunity to take a child either.

I just really wish she'd be found. It's breaking my heart.

And thank you for the welcome. I spend a lot of time reading, but until this case never felt the urge to post, but I grew up in Gloucester, so it hits real close to home. :(

The first thing that popped into my head when I heard the description was that alot of it resembled the dad.

I wonder if the dad didn't put alot of the details out before his daughter saw the psychologist because he wanted some kind of validation from someone else about the story. Possible he didn't really believe it at first, contrary to what he stated on NG, and was wary about giving such a detailed description before it was checked out in some way so as to avoid some kind of embarrassment.

Children that age can be surprising with what they can testify to, and some have vivid imaginations. Without knowing the child personally, it would be hard to say whether she is telling the truth or telling the truth as she believes it to be in her imagination.

Sadly, I think Caleigh's in the water. :(

When I went to Long Beach, 5 days after she went missing, I spoke with the uncle. At that time he said that the sister had drawn a picture of a man in black shorts.

Those parents sure seemed calm. My wife thought something was hinky about them. I also think the sudden revelation of the alleged suspect was strange, like Nancy.

Unless the perp your daughter is describing might be someone you owe money...
then you may be a little hesitant to call out any additional info.
best to remain in the dark.
purely hypothetical -
but if there was a debt with a bookie or a dealer
which, in this day and age, is more mainstream
you're gonna keep your mouth shut and minimize potential damages....
these folks were heading to divorce according to sources.
something is off...

When I went to Long Beach, 5 days after she went missing, I spoke with the uncle. At that time he said that the sister had drawn a picture of a man in black shorts.

Can second that. Is part of why I started posting here. Did not say anything in postings about the man as LE were still investigating. Family may say things to individuals that isn't in the media. Some info is in the media yet incorrect, some isn't in the media but lends to understanding without concern of interference, some, like the 'mean man' could be considered interference in investigation.

Unless the perp your daughter is describing might be someone you owe money...
then you may be a little hesitant to call out any additional info.
best to remain in the dark.
purely hypothetical -
but if there was a debt with a bookie or a dealer
which, in this day and age, is more mainstream
you're gonna keep your mouth shut and minimize potential damages....
these folks were heading to divorce according to sources.
something is off...

Yah and why does Allison have a different last name i was wondering?
And i think Nancy was way too harsh on dad yesterday or whenever it was.
Geez, maybe he had his reasons. Maybe the police told him not to yet.
I dunno!
I thought they were very calm in the interview. No tears or anything. Not meaning they did something. But maybe were on some strong medication or something???? :( :(

Allison posted on the morning of the incident that she was taking the kids to Long beach. I think the police should talk to Facebook and see if they can tell who viewed her profile between the time she posted that and the time she disappeared. Her profile was public. This could at least narrow down a list of people who knew she would be there. Its not much but its a start.

I think it's very possible that this little one could have been abducted. I watched the NG segment last night and the mother said her daughter seems to be suffering from a trauma. Very withdrawn, scared. And yes, it's possible watching her sister drown could cause those feelings, but the way her mother described it, it sounded like she was scared of a person.

Yah and why does Allison have a different last name i was wondering?
And i think Nancy was way too harsh on dad yesterday or whenever it was.
Geez, maybe he had his reasons. Maybe the police told him not to yet.
I dunno!
I thought they were very calm in the interview. No tears or anything. Not meaning they did something. But maybe were on some strong medication or something???? :( :(

In defense of father...aside from one of the most difficult personal issues a parent has to deal with, he is also dealing with a personal health (will say health for lack of better word) issue that requires strong focus and perseverance.

While an aspect of this issue is public (is in the published media) and can be found via Google, it has nothing to do with Caleigh's abduction. Except while fighting to find his daughter, he cannot forget to fight this issue.

I've walked miles to hand out fliers....some 500 now. Do I believe an abduction occurred? Doesn't matter what the H I believe. A child is missing, a family is pleading.... am just following suit with the old adage "Do unto others as we would have them do unto us".
And I know, without knowing, that I'd be begging.

Allison posted on the morning of the incident that she was taking the kids to Long beach. I think the police should talk to Facebook and see if they can tell who viewed her profile between the time she posted that and the time she disappeared. Her profile was public. This could at least narrow down a list of people who knew she would be there. Its not much but its a start.

I think it's very possible that this little one could have been abducted. I watched the NG segment last night and the mother said her daughter seems to be suffering from a trauma. Very withdrawn, scared. And yes, it's possible watching her sister drown could cause those feelings, but the way her mother described it, it sounded like she was scared of a person.

Worth a double quote for combined thought.

If the sister is 4, she should be able to give a pretty good description of what happened. When my children were that age, they communicated very well and had good memories. Of course this is traumatic, but kids don't really detect danger the way we do. I wonder if the "man" threatened her not to tell?

In defense of father...aside from one of the most difficult personal issues a parent has to deal with, he is also dealing with a personal health (will say health for lack of better word) issue that requires strong focus and perseverance.

While an aspect of this issue is public (is in the published media) and can be found via Google, it has nothing to do with Caleigh's abduction. Except while fighting to find his daughter, he cannot forget to fight this issue.

I have been unable to find any information on this at all. Could you provide a link or a search term for google? Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back