MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
hahahah..you are funny. a nautical mile =1.15 mile

I have picked up so many of those discs. I have seen them on all the beaches in Gloucester and was up on NH beaches a few days ago...and they were there as well.

One of the things I was thinking was that the current on the bottom of the ocean would be different than the surface, kind of like an express lane, like the movie Finding Nemo. So if she was caught in the express lane it would take her farther and more quickly than if she surfaced or got caught on something. My sense was that she was way out of the area all those days that they were searching. Who knows, was just trying to think of possibilities.

Thank you for the Nemo comparison.....amazing what makes the light bulb go on. lol

So tried to figure out movement/distances re tugboat captain. Google does not offer a nautical map (that I saw of anyway) so based on estimates:

He went missing on 4/25 off coast of Newport RI (was heading inward to Cape Cod canal). On 5/5, he was found 4 miles off Montauk LI NY.

Approx 70 nm (??)...missed Block Island...so that current likely went West then southwest...?

One very positive thing re Websleuths....opens mind to learning about things beyond the scope of ones life.

Edited to ask:

Might the reason body went to south by Montauk be because of the current coming out of Long Island Sound?

Slightly more advanced, but in keeping with, the Nemo effect...

http://drifters.doe.gov/currents/currents.html

If my understanding is advancing in the correct direction then...

The costal area that Caleigh went missing from holds a stronger opportunity for being caught up in a vertical current (Nemo current)?

Believe the winds were blowing inland that day. If so...then the Coriolis current might have been stronger That day? And it would have rotated from S > N, going along the coastline? Then perhaps split due to jutting rock formation, with some current going North around rocks (as buoys did)...some current heading back out to sea? As current rotated towards the island (forget name) it might split again? Some current heading back to shore and some heading out to sea, where potential for connecting with vertical current was high?

Looks like Rockport is a near diagonally straight line to P-Town/Cape Cod. So if caught in a vertical current, it be possible for movement to bypass the MA Bay/Cape Cod Bay area....with a possible land connect along the eastern coast of Cape Cod?

Am actually trying to figure out where passing out fliers makes the most sense as have limited time/health opportunities. But what with summer coming, if indeed out to sea is the scenario that took place, it makes sense to raise awareness in areas where articles of clothing etc may be found. Would hate to think someone came upon a pink shirt and just ignored as such lost items are commonplace findings.

So please jump in...even if to say I am full of s>>>> lol. No offense will be taken....

Drowning victims in salt water almost always float. Especially a child. Is there anything, a jetty or something, she could have gotten pulled into?

Drowning victims in salt water almost always float. Especially a child. Is there anything, a jetty or something, she could have gotten pulled into?

Thank you. Going by what I can determine via Google...the area of ocean between Saratoga Creek and NE tip of Cape Cod/P-town offers no opportunity for any land fall (if caught by a vertical current) aside from the obvious re coastline. Take that for what its worth though (likely zilch) as I do not know the area other than via Google views.

But in doing some research re drownings in the Atlantic area....it seems that recovery has a pattern? First being immediate or within 48-72 hours, diameter remains more or less local. Second one seems to be anywhere between 2-8 weeks+, with a regional diameter. Third is months/years. And this one is puzzling to me in that parts may wash ashore either locally or regionally as well as beyond those distances. Prior to the time of fast response re search efforts that area has a long list of victims lost at sea/yet to be found. (Though likely a few are listed on UID section??)

One thing that I haven't heard much about is the dog? What kind of dog? Did the dog stay with the girls on the beach? Did the dog chase the ball when it was tossed over the wall? Just seems that most dogs are quite protective of their family and if Caleigh was abducted I would expect the dog to at least bark, maybe?

There was a toddler that fell into a river here in Utah at the end of April. The family were taking pictures and they literally saw him fall into the river. The father jumped in to the river to try to save him, but he was unable to reach him. A construction company brought in equipment to divert the river to try and find his little body, but he has not yet been found.

Read about him here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20271619

My point is that I think that it is sometimes very difficult to recover little bodies from water. I hope that Caleigh is found soon so that her loved ones will know exactly what happened. I think that the hardes part in this case is the small niggling doubts that they must have about where she really is.

My prayers go out to this family as they continue to deal with the loss of their little one.

One thing that I haven't heard much about is the dog? What kind of dog? Did the dog stay with the girls on the beach? Did the dog chase the ball when it was tossed over the wall? Just seems that most dogs are quite protective of their family and if Caleigh was abducted I would expect the dog to at least bark, maybe?

I believe the dog I met on the beach with the family was the dog she had with her that day. It was a lab mix, brindle and probably around a year old. He was a wiggle waggley, over excited type dog, friendly to everything, lots of energy. Didn't have a care in the world. Was running up to my dogs, bouncing around from rocks to the water. He/she was not protective or seemed to have a grounding to stay close with family members. Just a happy dog and joyful to be running on the beach.

Hi, I'm new here, but I've been poking around a bit for a while.

This family is from my hometown, in fact I went to school with the mother. I am also familiar with the area the little girl disappeared from. I just wanted to say some things. Sorry for the long post or if some of this has already been said.

This is what I know...

* The mother had her fb public until a few days after Caliegh disappeared. She updated regularly and was at the beach often. If someone wanted to know where she was all they had to do was look.

* Witnesses confirmed that they did see the mother and both girls at the beach that day.

* The parents are separated, the girls were living with the mother

* The father was arrested back in January

* A man approached the mother in the supermarket several times a week or 2 before Caliegh disappeared commenting on how beautiful Caleigh was. It freaked the mother out so bad that she left her cart in the isle and left the store

* There are at least 2 pedophiles living very close to the area that are not registered

* That are is a big tourist spot as the weather gets warmer and there is a motor inn right on the beach close to where they were.

* The parking lot is very close to where the girls were playing.

This is what I think...

* The mother must have been off with her time estimate of how long she was gone, weather that was an intentional lie, or just a mistake, who knows? There is no way should could have went to get that ball and only been gone 2 minuets.

* If the mother left them for more than a couple minutes someone could have easily grabbd her and taken off. It would have been hard to hear anything over the sound of the ocean and the wind.

* While the mother was gone Caliegh could have wandered off making it even easier for someone to grab her.

* I was told the father had some sort of substance abuse problem, so I do believe it is possible someone could have taken the child because of something having to do with that.

* Knowing the area and how quick the response was I do feel that if she had gone in the water they would have found her that first day.

* Some people have been saying the father took her, I don't believe that. I think if he had he would have a. taken both of them, or b. the other girl would have said something if she saw it

* Lizzie is 4. I have a 4 year old. She will tell me something and swear it's the truth, even when I know it's not (ex. she'll say her brother hit her when he was down for a nap and she was on the other side of the house). It's hard to know at that age if they are telling the truth sometimes. On the other hand, when my oldest was 4 she could remember everything and rarely ever lied. So, this one is a tough call.

* I feel that something is very wrong with this story. I just can't put my finger on it.

I do hope that she is found safe and able to return to her family. Again, sorry for the long post.

If these two avenues have not been checked into
and it is being posted here "first light" then it could damage the case.
erase the post before someone reads it
and call the authorities for an appointment.
no offense -
but you seem to know more than what should be broadcast on a forum
before the information can be handled accordingly.

Some of it was posted in the online version of the Gloucester newspaper by a family member. I'm pretty sure the police know about it.

And no offense taken.

Mipato does the description of the man that approached the mom in the store match the description that Lizzie gave?

Some of it was posted in the online version of the Gloucester newspaper by a family member. I'm pretty sure the police know about it.

And no offense taken.

Most of what you've posted is already posted on this forum. The sex offenders and incident at store are not posted. While I have been aware of both for sometime, have not posted for the reason 32beatspersecond gives re LE. Since it appears it is okay to discuss than will comment on these 2 areas.

It is my understanding that the 2 sex offenders do not live in the area, their grandmother does. That is why they are not registered within the regional area. And that LE is aware and has investigated.

Was also told of the man at the store. But have to say I found it perplexing that anyone who was so scared of a stranger's attraction to their child, to the point of leaving their groceries and exiting a store, would continue to make public posts to friggin Facebook that describe that child's daily activities, and include the time and place of such activity.

Also don't understand why the mother did not mention the store incident while on the Nancy Grace show. Surely Nancy would have perked up upon hearing it re abduction theory. But Nancy also would have picked it apart so perhaps there was reason for not mentioning.

If there was an abduction...maybe there was a Munchhausen influence.

Mipato does the description of the man that approached the mom in the store match the description that Lizzie gave?

I don't know. The family member who posted about it didn't mention what he looked like. It does make you think though, doesn't it?

capoly, did you get any information about a description about the man that she saw at the store? Did it match Lizzie's description?

Most of what you've posted is already posted on this forum. The sex offenders and incident at store are not posted. While I have been aware of both for sometime, have not posted for the reason 32beatspersecond gives re LE. Since it appears it is okay to discuss than will comment on these 2 areas.

It is my understanding that the 2 sex offenders do not live in the area, their grandmother does. That is why they are not registered within the regional area. And that LE is aware and has investigated.

Was also told of the man at the store. But have to say I found it perplexing that anyone who was so scared of a stranger's attraction to their child, to the point of leaving their groceries and exiting a store, would continue to make public posts to friggin Facebook that describe that child's daily activities, and include the time and place of such activity.

Also don't understand why the mother did not mention the store incident while on the Nancy Grace show. Surely Nancy would have perked up upon hearing it re abduction theory. But Nancy also would have picked it apart so perhaps there was reason for not mentioning.

If there was an abduction...maybe there was a Munchhausen influence.

I figure it was ok to post since I had seen it posted elsewhere.

If I'm wrong about the sex offenders living in the area, then I apologize. Even if it's just their grandmother who does I'm sure they visit her and are familiar with the area.

I completely agree with you about the public fb posts. As far as the man in the store, if it scared her that bad I don't understand why she didn't tell a store employee or contact the police about it right away. What if he had followed her out of the store and done something?

capoly, did you get any information about a description about the man that she saw at the store? Did it match Lizzie's description?

No, a description was not known...only the incident was relayed. Since the mother was present during the store incident, and aware of the older child's drawing etc.....well, :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back