MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
picture.php

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/18...-harrisons-mother-determined-to-find-daughter The uncut interview pops up after the news report is finished.

In this interview Allison is saying she doesn't know how long she was gone for. Why didn't she just say that in the beginning?

Also, am I the only one who thinks it looks like she's smirking and smiling a lot during the interview? Maybe it's just the way her lips are naturally turned. I can't tell.

Plus, she looked down at one point when she said she believed Caliegh was alive, which is a sign of deceit. I don't want to think she had anything to do with it, but something about this is really bothering me.

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is where she shows where she was in relation to where the kids were. http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/18237630/gloucester-mom-opens-up-about-missing-daughter

I haven't been following this case and only know the basics. Mom fetched ball, 2 year old daughter missing possibly swept away in the ocean or kidnapped.

With that said, in the article they mention Caleigh's sister being afraid to speak up because she thinks her mommy and daddy might get mad. I'm not a child psychologist but that comment broke my heart and raised a red flag.

Why would a little 4 year old be reluctant to talk to her parents? Is it trauma or is she afraid she will get punished if she told the truth about what happened? Did mom tell her what to say but this little girl knows it's not the truth so she won't say anything at all except about the man with the cigarette? I think children are smarter than we think. Is she being coached?

So sad. :( Has there been any history of child abuse? CPS involvement in the past?

TIA

Goodmorning everyone...I am new to the group...but have been following all along. This story has bothered me since day one...as I just cant wrap my head around this mother's lack of common sense (leaving the children alone near the water)...and the excuse of why she did... makes even less sense. So many could of...should of ...would have's to this story. I just saw the latest FOX news report regarding the state police's theory...which is no surprise. With the lack of attention to this case since they called off their search it was already clear that a drowning was their theory...and sadly very well may be. But I also think the mothers story is BS and believe she was gone longer than she said....I would absolutely believe the bathroom story...after viewing a video which she has posted on her facebook...it shows her older daughter Lizzie (at a younger age...like Caliegh)...and Mom commentates the video stating...."well this is after a 10 minute shower"....and shows that Lizzie got out a bag of sugar and made a mess...ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I dont know about anybody else but would you leave your 1-2 yr old to run wild in your home while you take a 10 minute shower????????? ...and funny she also states in the video...anybody want a child...I got another on the way (meaning Caleigh)....what am I going to do with it?.....-_-For those of you close to the area...(Terrocotta?) how long does it take to walk the length of long beach? and does anyone know if she was parked near the bridge end ?

Goodmorning everyone...I am new to the group...but have been following all along. This story has bothered me since day one...as I just cant wrap my head around this mother's lack of common sense (leaving the children alone near the water)...and the excuse of why she did... makes even less sense. So many could of...should of ...would have's to this story. I just saw the latest FOX news report regarding the state police's theory...which is no surprise. With the lack of attention to this case since they called off their search it was already clear that a drowning was their theory...and sadly very well may be. But I also think the mothers story is BS and believe she was gone longer than she said....I would absolutely believe the bathroom story...after viewing a video which she has posted on her facebook...it shows her older daughter Lizzie (at a younger age...like Caliegh)...and Mom commentates the video stating...."well this is after a 10 minute shower"....and shows that Lizzie got out a bag of sugar and made a mess...ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I dont know about anybody else but would you leave your 1-2 yr old to run wild in your home while you take a 10 minute shower????????? ...and funny she also states in the video...anybody want a child...I got another on the way (meaning Caleigh)....what am I going to do with it?.....-_-For those of you close to the area...(Terrocotta?) how long does it take to walk the length of long beach? and does anyone know if she was parked near the bridge end ?

Its always nice to see a mother refer to a child as "It"...

I wonder if the mother was talking to the smoking man for more than two minutes?
woops -
did I say that out loud?
I think he was supposed to remain a secret...
the four year old opened the bag
and the father let it out. [without realizing it].
smoking man was seen by four year old talking to mom
not stalking the children.
that's my new -completely unfounded- theory.
check her client list at the salon.

Hi massmom, welcome!!!

By the sounds of it the mom, kids and dog were strolling and playing, so I would say it would take an hour...if you just walked it straight...probably 15-20 minutes.

She parked her car on the road in front of the houses on the beach, next to the bridge. So I also thought, she could have gone down to her car for whatever reason and been gone longer than a couple minutes.

Even in jest...."what am I going to do with it" that is a very odd statement for a pregnant woman..... "it" She is referring to her precious little unborn girl...that is just so sad.

I wouldn't even call this an accident. Leaving a child next to rough waters is not ok. Everyone knows the number 1 killing of children is water. Does anyone think she might get charged for neglect? I am only asking because I see other parents get charged with neglect for other things. Just seems like whats the difference in neglect, and when and where do charges start?

Its just such frustration. Please watch your kids, and others when parents stupidly turn their backs.

Accidents DO happen, no matter what perfect parents or those who think they would be perfect parents believe. Not everything is abuse, neglect, or homicide. I'm a mother of six (6) healthy children, I was very fertile, and every one of mine has lived to grow up healthy despite some of my own momentary lapses of judgment - we ALL have them, no matter how much we lie to ourselves.

I believe this child was swept out to sea in a short moment. I've been at the beach recently, and I've been knocked flat by seemingly benign waves; I also weigh a lot more than the missing child. None of this is impossible as far as I'm concerned.

Accidents DO happen and those who think they can't happen to them are in for a bad wake-up call one of these days.

In my opinion, of course.

Thankyou for the welcome :)

Yes I did find the video quite odd...especially as how she refers to her unborn daughter as "IT"....but the video did confirm for me that she had no problem leaving her young children (or in that instant CHILD) alone unsupervised so she could shower. So I assume leaving the kids on the beach was no big deal to her either.
Also what I find quite odd is....it was said....I think in one of your posts Terrocotta that when speaking to a family member...they said she went to retrieve the ball..."which she did" then later turned to find Caleigh missing....but in her exclusive interview with FOX....the last question asked to the mom was "did you find the ball? Mom chulckles and responds "no ...after all that... I did not find the ball. So question... where is the ball? Tell me... with all those people searching and the dogs....someone must have found that ball...no? There seems to be no evidence to support anything in this story....no footprints...no scent found by dogs leading to the water or away from it? No ball? It's like Caleigh and everything else just vanished. How does this happen?
For me...Mom just talks too light & candidly about all of this in her interviews and something has to be missing from the story because it just doesnt make sense. I ask how long it takes to walk long beach because she first posted about going to long beach that day at around 9:30 am...and followed up with 2 more posts within that thread with last one being at 10:20am. I have children...and I know it takes some time to go anywhere with children and she also had the dog....a neighbor supposedly seen her leaving and spoke with her that day also...then it takes time to drive to the beach...unload and then you can begin your journey. Well police were not aware of the dissappearence til 12:10pm and not sure how much time was wasted before someone finally called...if she parked near the bridge....she stated she walked with the children the length of the beach....so to me that would tell me she walked both ways "the length...to end up back at the bridge. Well considering all things....from her last FB post til when she went missing isnt much time considering. She stated in her interview she did not have her phone with her at the beach so I assume those posts were made before she left. I wonder what time the neighbor saw her exactly. Ughhhhhhh so many questions...

Accidents DO happen, no matter what perfect parents or those who think they would be perfect parents believe. Not everything is abuse, neglect, or homicide. I'm a mother of six (6) healthy children, I was very fertile, and every one of mine has lived to grow up healthy despite some of my own momentary lapses of judgment - we ALL have them, no matter how much we lie to ourselves.

I believe this child was swept out to sea in a short moment. I've been at the beach recently, and I've been knocked flat by seemingly benign waves; I also weigh a lot more than the missing child. None of this is impossible as far as I'm concerned.

Accidents DO happen and those who think they can't happen to them are in for a bad wake-up call one of these days.

In my opinion, of course.

Losing sight of your child in a crowded place as opposed to an empty beach are two completely different scenarios. It wasnt a simple turned away for a moment deal....it was a conscious decision to WALK AWAY out of site leaving her young children near the water. I cannot compare the two as being equal. sorry

You bring up good points massmom. I asked the uncle specifically...did she get the ball...and he said yes. He didn't even think about his answer, so it seemed like he knew that to be the case and that he was probably asked by others. It is worrisome when stories change. I will have to go back to the videos and see where she says that she didn't find the ball.

As you said walking down and back on the beach would take sometime with two little ones and a dog...at high tide, which would mean there was a small amount of beach to walk on. I am wondering if she posted at 1020am when she parked her car and was getting the girls out of the car at the beach. Then it would have been about 90 minutes to walk down and back, which certainly could be accomplished...especially if the girls were running and playing rather than beach combing and playing in the sand. From what she said, they were walking at the water's edge, so 90 minutes is certainly doable.

I do believe that she made a terrible mistake and nothing was intentional. Who knows if she is on some meds that make her less emotional....

Losing sight of your child in a crowded place as opposed to an empty beach are two completely different scenarios. It wasnt a simple turned away for a moment deal....it was a conscious decision to WALK AWAY out of site leaving her young children near the water. I cannot compare the two as being equal. sorry

Actually, neither did I. I have no idea where you got that from. What I AM stating is that accidents DO happen, they happen to all of us, and there but for the grace of God go many of us, whether many of us are willing to admit it or not.

You bring up good points massmom. I asked the uncle specifically...did she get the ball...and he said yes. He didn't even think about his answer, so it seemed like he knew that to be the case and that he was probably asked by others. It is worrisome when stories change. I will have to go back to the videos and see where she says that she didn't find the ball.

As you said walking down and back on the beach would take sometime with two little ones and a dog...at high tide, which would mean there was a small amount of beach to walk on. I am wondering if she posted at 1020am when she parked her car and was getting the girls out of the car at the beach. Then it would have been about 90 minutes to walk down and back, which certainly could be accomplished...especially if the girls were running and playing rather than beach combing and playing in the sand. From what she said, they were walking at the water's edge, so 90 minutes is certainly doable.

I do believe that she made a terrible mistake and nothing was intentional. Who knows if she is on some meds that make her less emotional....

wouldn't her post have said posted via android app or another server app's name???
another possibility - kind of in her favor -is regarding the long walk.
maybe she ducked away for a cigarette after the hike.
does the uncle smoke and wear black shorts?
does allison cut his hair?
did he find the ball?
case closed.

Just can't see anyone in their right mind leaving a child in this location...not once but twice.

picture.php

Wowza. Nor can I, having seen the picture. I'm a former surf lifeguard and now a parent of two, and there are a ton of danger signs on that beach, from the rusty pipe to the jagged rocks and then the narrow low-sided bridge to the (relatively) short gap and, to a child, tempting gap between pool and rough cold open sea. It's like a list of "BEWAREs" on a Safe Swimming poster. I can easily see a toddler being there and then not there, in a flash. A haunting thought.

I suspect this was a terrible accident, a few seconds or more of inattention and then the child pulled under. depending on the height of wave, angle of beach and other factors the force of the back tow can be extraordinary, daunting for an experienced and strong swimmer, let alone a two year-old. I doubt the mother has any idea of what happened, or ever will.

s

maybe I've read into this too much -
but why does the story change?
I have previously found myself
wanting there to be some malice
to justify the outcome
rather than accepting the possibility
that in an instant
without warning
she was gone for good.

I believe an accident like the one she describes is very possible, and would be very tragic. I just can't figure out why she can't keep her story straight, why she chose that beach instead of their usual one, why the Facebook Page drama, and more.

Most recently, I'm wondering why it took 10 minutes to call 911. And I seriously do not like her attitude in interviews. Something is very strange with this woman, and that is suspicious, imho. I don't know what really happened, but I get the feeling none of y'all great moms have to imagine that it could have been you and your child. Honestly, I think that may have been the plan, to get folks sympathizing so much that distrusting her would feel out of line :(

I'm back to thinking this may be nefarious -- my current theory is a Munchhausen plan for sympathy, and ease in her new life, and maybe to hurt the dad due to the divorce.

I nearly died in an undertow at that age, btw! Nag's Head, NC. My mom was holding my hand very tightly, but she was not aware of what undertow could do. I was missing in the tide for 10 minutes! My mom could never tell that story without saying again and again how scary it was, and how fast.

They just said on the news that there is an investigation going on regarding possible neglect of the 4 year old sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back