MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think part of the reason for scrutiny of the Mom, if at all, is partly due to the amount of time she left the children seems to vary with the re-telling...and to me, that she left them alone at all is still mind-boggling...JMO

I don't know. I questioned the whole 2 minutes thing from the beginning. Being in that moment, with emotions boiling over maybe she just didn't know how long she was gone and just estimated 2 minutes. Watch a toddler for two minutes and see how much trouble they can get in? I went to the bathroom once for about a minute and when I came out my 2 year old had pushed a chair next to the fridge, climbed up, opened the freezer and got a popcicle. So I could only imaging what could happen in an open area or the beach.

Also, two year olds don't listen. You tell them to stay and they laugh and run away. Not the kind of age you can leave them alone. My 2 year old does her own thing.

I don't know. I questioned the whole 2 minutes thing from the beginning. Being in that moment, with emotions boiling over maybe she just didn't know how long she was gone and just estimated 2 minutes. Watch a toddler for two minutes and see how much trouble they can get in? I went to the bathroom once for about a minute and when I came out my 2 year old had pushed a chair next to the fridge, climbed up, opened the freezer and got a popcicle. So I could only imaging what could happen in an open area or the beach.

Also, two year olds don't listen. You tell them to stay and they laugh and run away. Not the kind of age you can leave them alone. My 2 year old does her own thing.

Yes and that is why you don't leave them alone next to a big old ocean...

Unless Capoly is correct
and a little Munchausen
sprinkled with attention and sympathy
said yes -
leave her alone next to a big old ocean.

could the mom be an alcoholic ?
oops - threw the ball up by the car again....
oh shucks.
while I'm here - maybe just a nip or two.

Yes. It doesn't matter where you are with a two year old they can take off in an instant. IMOO a four year old is not able to keep track of a little one...I have NO idea what happened but at the least it was a huge mistake not to grab the two year old, throw her on the hip and carry her with, if looking for the dogs ball was so important.

There are beaches that are less dangerous than others and that one sounds treacherous. I took my child to the beach a lot and had to have an eagle eye when she was 2! Even a seemingly calm ocean can sweep a little person away. It is obvious when near water to never look away from kids...let the dog get its own ball back.

So sad...I think it was an accident but one that didn't have to happen. I'm not trying to b mean. I feel bad for the mother if she made such a fatal error.

I smoke -
and my son, at age three, learned to yell "NO-SMOKING" at the prompts of his grandparents...

Cluciano -
you've been around a while and follow Kyron Horman as well.
Have you noticed the distinction between the two???
Terri Horman zips her lips and locks up tight...
Allison Hammond reaches out and public pleas for help...
both are scrutinized and shadows of guilt begin casting.
Speak or don't speak -
the public owns you either way.

Think am interpreting you correctly...trust you'll let me know if not.

Know of Kyron Horman but have not followed the case so don't know anything about Terri Horman.

But Allison Hammond did not speak for 2 weeks. She did not speak out when the Harrison family was speaking out regarding abduction. She was supposed to be present for both of the Nancy Grace interviews but chose not to go to the first interview. During the second interview, she did not speak with a strong belief re abduction/backing 'mean man' theory. And she did not mention the incident with the man who showed a strong interest on Caleigh at WalMart the week prior to Caleigh's disappearance. Something Nancy Grace would surely have had an interest in knowing.

Allison spoke out on abduction after LE said search efforts were over and that while they believed a drowning occurred, since it was not 100% established, the investigation would remain open re abduction/foul play and solid tips received would be investigated. This case will go no where because LE did not do an in-depth investigation of any other scenario beyond a drowning.

All my opinion....just do hope that if there is/was a dysfunctional mind at work, it has been appeased. Otherwise the older child will be harmed more than she has already been harmed.

As far as Terri Horman...she had been told she failed at least one LD test before the parents ever made a public appearance at all, so I am not surprised she did not speak out. The other three already knew that too. JMO

Ok. I watched the full length interview. I actually watched it twice. While watching it, I did not so much focus on what Allison was saying, but how she was speaking, her eyes, etc. (though I was peripherally hearing at the same time). I also watched the clip of the vigil where she spoke a bit with a reporter.

I am not a great reader of body language, I will admit. But, I have to say-I don't see anything that strikes me as hinky here. What I got from these 2 interviews combined was a mom who is suffering from a myriad of emotions. I think is feels very guilty and ashamed. I think she is holding on to this idea of possible abduction as a VERY slight possibility that her baby is not dead. I also think she is medicated. I noticed a thing with her eyes. It is hard to explain. When I was heavily medicated after my daughter died, my eyes did a thing I just called "googly eyes". It is like an involuntary tic where your eyes kind of waver. It looked to me like her eyes were doing this also. I also detected some times where there was a slight tremble around her mouth, like she was trying very hard not to start crying.

I think in the first days after this happened, she proabably WAS too devastated to speak to anyone. Her baby is probably dead, and to put it harshly, it is basically her fault. She wasn't watching her closely enough. Like I said, I think she has tremendous guilt.

I think there MAY be something additional that is making the story seem odd. Like she didn't turn her back to get the ball-she was doing something else-phone, FB, or even going to the car to get a drink like someone posted upthread. (and I am not trying to disparage Allison when I say that,I certainly have no proof, I just think there may be something more) It may even be that she was just very distracted that day, I believe she and her husband are recently separated? And didn't he get arrested shortly before this incident? Maybe she had lots of stuff on her mind.

All in all, I think that little Caleigh did go into the ocean, and that she is deceased. And I think it was a horrible accident. I hope they can recover her body, and soon.

But this is all opinion. If yours is completely different, I can understand that. It is just my impression from what I saw.

IMO, I do think she is definitely lying, but she could just be lying about what she was doing when it happened. I'm trying to mellow out on the feeling that she did it herself. I can't put my finger on why I feel that way.

The lying thing could probably be backed up by those folks who do it from videos. I wish we could see one done with these parents! I can't describe what mannerisms people do that strike me as lying, but I'm good at it with some people and not with really, really good liars. A lot of guilt or shame can cross my wires up, too, so there's that.

I just feel that her story doesn't add up. She kept adding to it, maybe that's why I don't believe it. Not to mention how horrible it has to be to be swept away into a huge cruel ocean, and you fight to breathe while water is relentless at filling your nose, mouth, lungs. A cruel cruel way to die.

IMHO

I just feel that her story doesn't add up. She kept adding to it, maybe that's why I don't believe it. Not to mention how horrible it has to be to be swept away into a huge cruel ocean, and you fight to breathe while water is relentless at filling your nose, mouth, lungs. A cruel cruel way to die.

IMHO

Just can't see anyone in their right mind leaving a child in this location...not once but twice.

picture.php

IMHO

actually -
I believe there have been studies that show an ocean drowning is the most serene way to pass short of slipping away in your sleep. it has something to do with the mineral content in the water and how your body responds to the absorption after the initial shock of the event. I think it has even been compared to amniotic fluid and a sort of surreal voyage back to the womb.
sorry -
but I definitely prefer my version over yours.

IMHO

actually -
I believe there have been studies that show an ocean drowning is the most serene way to pass short of slipping away in your sleep. it has something to do with the mineral content in the water and how your body responds to the absorption after the initial shock of the event. I think it has even been compared to amniotic fluid and a sort of surreal voyage back to the womb.
sorry -
but I definitely prefer my version over yours.

Don't know which one is factual but for the sake of Caleigh, and others, hope it is 32beatspersecond's version.

Just can't see anyone in their right mind leaving a child in this location...not once but twice.

picture.php

I see that picture and it cements in my mind that Caleigh went into the water. It is just so much more likely then an abduction. That landscape is just as treacherous for two toddlers standing alone, as for a perpetrator attempting to move quickly while holding an abducted three year old. In other words, how quickly could "he" have moved, holding a just-grabbed (and possibly struggling) little girl. Not fast enough to get away without being seen. The rocks, water and bridge all appear to be difficult to maneuver even while moving slowly...

I have been keeping tabs on this case from the beginning, when Caleigh's picture showed up in my FB newsfeed (we have mutual family friends). At first, I was ready to doubt mom, but now I just think she made a horrible, stupid error in judgement. When I think back to how I originally felt, I can trace my feelings to two causes:

1. The desire to believe that a child cannot disappear forever in just a moment of distraction. As a fellow mom of a toddler, this thought is just too scary to handle.

2. Mom's initial FB postings. Just hours after Caleigh disappeared, she posted on FB. This seemed odd and suspicious to me, bc I think I would still be pacing the shoreline or in a fetal position somewhere. I have since come to the conclusion that different people react differently to grief and that FB has become our society's touchstone for social interaction (however much that annoys me). I cannot judge her based solely on this...

Other than those two thoughts, there is nothing that, in my mind, that could lead one to think mom had anything to do with this. All the family's talk about abduction now is just "wishful thinking" (if you could call it that...). And, I think that mom's bland response to the notion of kidnapping is bc she was there and she knows deep down her baby is gone. She will have to live the rest of her life with the knowledge that her actions caused her baby's death. And, as another mom, that breaks my heart, bc while what she did is not something I think I would do, I am sure I have done other stupid things while parenting, any one of which could have lasting effects.

All jmo...

I see that picture and it cements in my mind that Caleigh went into the water. It is just so much more likely then an abduction. That landscape is just as treacherous for two toddlers standing alone, as for a perpetrator attempting to move quickly while holding an abducted three year old. In other words, how quickly could "he" have moved, holding a just-grabbed (and possibly struggling) little girl. Not fast enough to get away without being seen. The rocks, water and bridge all appear to be difficult to maneuver even while moving slowly...

I have been keeping tabs on this case from the beginning, when Caleigh's picture showed up in my FB newsfeed (we have mutual family friends). At first, I was ready to doubt mom, but now I just think she made a horrible, stupid error in judgement. When I think back to how I originally felt, I can trace my feelings to two causes:

1. The desire to believe that a child cannot disappear forever in just a moment of distraction. As a fellow mom of a toddler, this thought is just too scary to handle.

2. Mom's initial FB postings. Just hours after Caleigh disappeared, she posted on FB. This seemed odd and suspicious to me, bc I think I would still be pacing the shoreline or in a fetal position somewhere. I have since come to the conclusion that different people react differently to grief and that FB has become our society's touchstone for social interaction (however much that annoys me). I cannot judge her based solely on this...

Other than those two thoughts, there is nothing that, in my mind, that could lead one to think mom had anything to do with this. All the family's talk about abduction now is just "wishful thinking" (if you could call it that...). And, I think that mom's bland response to the notion of kidnapping is bc she was there and she knows deep down her baby is gone. She will have to live the rest of her life with the knowledge that her actions caused her baby's death. And, as another mom, that breaks my heart, bc while what she did is not something I think I would do, I am sure I have done other stupid things while parenting, any one of which could have lasting effects.

All jmo...

Your post is beautifully written. Have posted my feelings already so no need to repeat. But do want to say that no matter how one feels about Allison Hammond, please lets keep this thread alive through the summer months. Either by opinion or just a bump. And perhaps spread the word of Caleigh re clothes worn etc to friends and family...anyone that may be hitting the coastline this summer.

This makes ALL the sense in the world, to believe the tiny child was pulled out to sea:
(thanks for posting it Mipato)

The outgoing tide at Saratoga Creek was strong that day. On Wednesday, State Police put a floatation device in the creek at about the same place Caleigh may have fallen in. The water there is three feet deep. A 200 pound diver followed the float and in only fifteen minutes that strong current pushed the float and the diver out past Saratoga Point.

In just a few more minutes another current pushed the float out toward Milk Island and open water where a more powerful current, nicknamed the bowling alley by fisherman, carried it out to sea.

State Police divers searched the area and have turned up no sign of little Caleigh. Sources tell FOX 25's Bob Ward the search re-affirmed the powerful pull of the currents in the area where Caleigh Harrison vanished.

In the 10 minutes from the time where Caleigh was seen to the time someone called 911, Caleigh could have already been far out to sea.

Mass. State Police say in all of their interviews, no one has reported seeing any cars quickly leaving the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back