GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Skigirl, the verdict is in. You were very close with your time prediction!

Ohh, I guess it was more like 28 minutes off :)
Psychic, not psychotic... ;-)

Guilty, premeditation extreme atrocity cruelty!
They got it right. Thank goodness.

WOW. That was quick. It seemed like it was behind schedule and the WHAM. Oh, I hope these jurors can go home and decompress for the holidays.

YESSSSSS :denied: :denied: :judge: :judge: :jail: :jail:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago #PhilipChism reaction to being found GUILTY of 1st degree murder. pic.twitter.com/ld1qzDHswJ
CWS9YPDUEAAGS8X.jpg

Good on the verdict. Let us hope PC never lives outside a cage again.
Very sorry for the Ritzer family.

IMO, MA needs to look at changing their laws regarding murder and rape.

I agree. This poor woman was brutally raped but he gets a pass because the jury couldn't determine if Colleen was alive in the woods at the time :(
Time for change.

Guilty of armed robbery (stealing her panties) and guilty of aggravated rape in the bathroom.

That NOT GUILTY of rape in the woods sticks in my craw. She was raped, whether she was still alive or not, it was a sick, depraved, horrid act. ugh

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 2m2 minutes ago Dianna Chism hangs her head and is comforted by a social worker.

Ethan Hartley ‏@Ehartley_DH_BC 1m1 minute ago Salem, MA
BREAKING: #PhilipChism is guilty of 1st degree murder, natural rape and armed robbery. NOT GUILTY of unnatural rape

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 1m1 minute ago
#PhilipChism still staring straight ahead.

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 2m2 minutes ago
Judge Lowy is thanking #PhilipChim jury for its service

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 32s33 seconds ago
Jury has left courtroom, Lowy says he will talk to them further

I agree. This poor woman was brutally raped but he gets a pass because the jury couldn't determine if Colleen was alive in the woods at the time :(
Time for change.

Yep, if a rape goes on long enough and carries over to a second location and you are killed at some point in the process.. not rape. Certainly what happened in the woods was not consensual :-(. Oh well, I don't think it changes the sentence.

ETA: I guess this now becomes case law precedent?

The guilty verdicts mean that Colleen's rape and murder can be brought up in his upcoming attempted murder trial. Correct?

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 1m1 minute ago Regan asked for presentencing report. ADA says, it's difficult to see "what more we can know about #PhilipChism."

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 1m1 minute ago
DA wants to sentence as soon as humanly possible. Defense wants to have time to brief court on sentencing.

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 2m2 minutes ago
Colleen Ritzer's parents are embracing one another in courtroom gallery

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 2m2 minutes ago
ADA MacDougall is getting visibly frustrated, audibly sighs, when defense asks for time to review PSI, prepare for sentencing

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 2m2 minutes ago
#PhilipChism mom listening intently to Judge Lowy

Laura Crimaldi ‏@lauracrimaldi 2m2 minutes ago
Denise Regan seeks two weeks to brief issues related to #PhilipChism's parole eligibility dates on convictions

Ethan Hartley ‏@Ehartley_DH_BC 2m2 minutes ago Salem, MA
Defense motions for a pre-sentencing investigation to go over parole possibilities. Will occur Dec 22 at 10:30

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 2m2 minutes ago
Peggie Ritzer is crying

Laura Crimaldi ‏@lauracrimaldi 1m1 minute ago
.@DAJonBlodgett will hold a news conference at his office at 5:30 p.m.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back