GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but believe it is illegal for her/family (?) to profit from her crime.

I don't think MC should bank on an easy sentence. I just watched the whole video of him explaining his verdict and I think the Judge is disgusted by MC. I think he would have happily convicted her of murder if he had the opportunity. The reasons for not revoking bail make sense to me and don't necessarily means she is going to get an easy sentence. I hope she spends the next 6 weeks or so agonizing and worrying every day about going to prison.

I just watched it again also and understand Judge Moniz reasoning. But I myself do not think she should be "out on bail for the summer". She has been found guilty and is now awaiting sentencing. She should be awaiting that moment locked up. And during this time she can be contemplating the horrendous act she participated in to end Conrads life.
Now that she knows that she has been found guilty who knows what she will do to others and possibly herself included. I think she thought she was going to be found not guilty.
I thought it was nice that Judge Moniz thought of the court workers and all involved vacation plans already made but I would like to have seen her sentenced today!
And I hope I do not see her at the beach the few times a summer I get to go.

She played the innocent role to his family and acted like she wished that she could have done more to save him.

Even though she forced him once he got scared and was crying.

So I'm glad that she will have to face the music.

But still. Let's not forget that her lawyers will probably take this to the highest courts and she will probably still be out on bail during these appeals that may take years.

I bet her lawyers wished that they went with a jury trial that consisted of men that could have been manipulated by not understanding the law while feeling sorry for her and wanting to save her. Lol

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...viction-in-the-texting-suicide-trial-answered
sbm
"Northeastern School of Law professor Daniel Medwed said he thinks it’s unlikely that Carter will get the full sentence, given the unusual nature of the case.

“Classic manslaughter charges relate to direct action–a drunk driver killing a pedestrian or a person firing a gun recklessly into a crowd,” he said before Moniz’s decision. “Here, Carter’s actions, as horrible as they were, were one step removed from Roy’s death and perhaps the judge will show leniency.”

*snip*

"Martin Healy, chief legal counsel to the Massachusetts Bar Association, said in a statement that Carter’s “fate was sealed through the use of her own words."

*snip*

"Medwed said Friday a long, legal road lies ahead with what will most likely be a long appeals process.

“This is not the last we’ve heard about Michelle Carter,” he said."

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...viction-in-the-texting-suicide-trial-answered
sbm
"Northeastern School of Law professor Daniel Medwed said he thinks it’s unlikely that Carter will get the full sentence, given the unusual nature of the case.

“Classic manslaughter charges relate to direct action–a drunk driver killing a pedestrian or a person firing a gun recklessly into a crowd,” he said before Moniz’s decision. “Here, Carter’s actions, as horrible as they were, were one step removed from Roy’s death and perhaps the judge will show leniency.”

*snip*

"Martin Healy, chief legal counsel to the Massachusetts Bar Association, said in a statement that Carter’s “fate was sealed through the use of her own words."

*snip*

"Medwed said Friday a long, legal road lies ahead with what will most likely be a long appeals process.

“This is not the last we’ve heard about Michelle Carter,” he said."

Well no one thought she would be found guilty either...so I'm hopeful the judge will give her a strong manslaughter sentence!

In my mind I keep going to that moment when Conrad's mom realizes she was being played. How in the world she must have felt reading those texts for the first time. I know how I felt and I don't know how in the world your heart survives that as his mother. When she puts all her conversations into context with MC actions and intentions. I think my immediate reaction would be to throw up and pass out.

I bet her lawyers wished that they went with a jury trial that consisted of men that could have been manipulated by not understanding the law while feeling sorry for her and wanting to save her. Lol

Oh well to late now!

I like Judge Moniz and believe he saw this whole sordid picture quite clearly which I am happy with.
So we will be waitingggggggggg again it looks like.

I wonder how her parents are going to manage her until then. She could just take off who knows. And now she definately had NO friends. I would think that she not really be left alone.

My thoughts are with Conrads family today.

Well no one thought she would be found guilty either...so I'm hopeful the judge will give her a strong manslaughter sentence!

I agree.I don't see it as "one step removed" myself. Technology can be a deadly weapon, as we've seen in this case.

I wonder if there was that moment. Some people would just burrow deeper in denial for self-preservation.
she asked for conrads ashes!!!!! How insane is that, really? Boggles the noggin.

oops I misread & thought you were referring to the guilty person's mother so I deleted my post but too late, you had already quoted it lol

it does boggle my mind though

she asked for conrads ashes!!!!! How insane is that, really? Boggles the noggin.

love that you're honest
I will rewatch for the same reason

I'm not going to lie...I like watching the video posted above with no volume and just staring at her face as it dawns on her she is guilty. I'm a bad person

The ACLU made this statement, and as discussed earlier in this thread, the defense attorney said/says it repeatedly (I left the CNN link with a verbatim transcript indicating such).

I know. I was replying to their statement. Not to you! Sorry for the confusion!

my take is that she was 'crying' until the second the judge said the word 'guilty' and then suddenly all emotion left her face ... I think it was an act, somehow thinking that she could manipulate the judge right up to the last second

love that you're honest
I will rewatch for the same reason

I have re-watched a few times now, with friends...We are planning a little...ummm...celebration for the sentencing. :D

When I was watching the verdict it honestly sounded like the judge was going to say not guilty. MC clearly thought that too by the way she started sobbing and looking relieved. Her attorney had the same expression. As the judge continues to speak you can see it dawning on her that she was wrong to feel relieved and she started to look scared.

I'm happy with the verdict. I hope it brings some kind of closure to Conrad's family and friends. Their suffering will continue though. I'm sure of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched it again also and understand Judge Moniz reasoning. But I myself do not think she should be "out on bail for the summer". She has been found guilty and is now awaiting sentencing. She should be awaiting that moment locked up. And during this time she can be contemplating the horrendous act she participated in to end Conrads life.
Now that she knows that she has been found guilty who knows what she will do to others and possibly herself included. I think she thought she was going to be found not guilty.
I thought it was nice that Judge Moniz thought of the court workers and all involved vacation plans already made but I would like to have seen her sentenced today!
And I hope I do not see her at the beach the few times a summer I get to go.

I am now behind reading a bit (dang pain pills from surgery knock me out!) so this may have been said already. They couldn't sentence her today because there are some sentencing reports that need to be drawn up. The first 5-6 weeks were given for that purpose. The only consideration given to the summer vacation plans was for the actual date of the hearing to sentence her. It's my understanding that some effort goes in to drafting the reports for sentencing.

But yes. I would have been pleased to see her led away in cuffs. But I'm sure even when she is sentenced she will not be taking into custody on the spot. She will probably have the chance to surrender herself at the prison in the middle of the night to avoid the media... 🙄

I am now behind reading a bit (dang pain pills from surgery knock me out!) so this may have been said already. They couldn't sentence her today because there are some sentencing reports that need to be drawn up. The first 5-6 weeks were given for that purpose. The only consideration given to the summer vacation plans was for the actual date of the hearing to sentence her. It's my understanding that some effort goes in to drafting the reports for sentencing.

But yes. I would have been pleased to see her led away in cuffs. But I'm sure even when she is sentenced she will not be taking into custody on the spot. She will probably have the chance to surrender herself at the prison in the middle of the night to avoid the media... ��

Affluenza? Yes, even f her family us not extremely wealthy, she had things her way. Special consideration and privileges should not be given to her. She did not give Conrad any special consideration at all.
Will try and watch video in between cable going out from the electrical storm last night.

In my mind I keep going to that moment when Conrad's mom realizes she was being played. How in the world she must have felt reading those texts for the first time. I know how I felt and I don't know how in the world your heart survives that as his mother. When she puts all her conversations into context with MC actions and intentions. I think my immediate reaction would be to throw up and pass out.

Gosh dang. I can't even imagine. I felt such a sense of angst and betrayal reading MC's texts to Lynn knowing what she said to Conrad. I literally cannot imagine how awful this felt for Lynn. I don't know how any parent survives the death of a child, especially when caused by a crime... but this seems so heinous even though MC never laid a hand on Conrad. Maybe it's the idea that someone could get in the head of someone so vulnerable and exploit them the way she did. I just don't understand how someone could be so mean and hateful and predatory.

I am so thankful MC bragged to her friends that she told him to get back in the car. Without her desperate attention grabbing behavior we might not have known how this all went down. I'm glad the judge saw through the reverse psychology CYA text she sent to Conrad after he died. If that was her goal in playing along with this, she would have called the police or his family the moment she realized it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip