GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. Supreme Court wants state AG to respond to Michelle Carter of Plainville's petition

Aug 22, 2019

"PLAINVILLE — The U.S. Supreme Court wants the state Attorney General’s office to respond to Michelle Carter’s petition asking the high court to review her manslaughter conviction.

The justices made their request Thursday after the AG’s office opted on Aug. 9 to waive filing a response unless the court requested one.

A spokesperson for the state Attorney General’s office said the office will now file a response. The high court set a Sept. 23 deadline, according to the court’s docket.

The Supreme Court has yet to decide whether to hear Carter’s appeal. Experts say the court accepts about 1.2 percent of certiorari petitions...."

U.S. Supreme Court wants state AG to respond to Michelle Carter of Plainville's petition

I don't believe the SC will hear Carter's appeal, and why they asked the AG's office to file a response by Sept 23. (AG previously opted to waive response unless the court requested one). MOO

MC sentence is being served at women’s center of the Bristol County House Correction, in Dartmouth. Maximum 106 women - residential type facility, is actually better than some college dorm conditions. MOO

Bristol County Sheriff's Office Women’s Center
400 Faunce Corner Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
Phone: 508-995-6400

This facility houses a maximum of 106 women in a medium security setting on the site of the Dartmouth Complex. This self contained facility offers a Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Program. Participants are housed in a separate unit, with a very structured treatment or work schedule. A certified Adult Education Teacher provides access to Pre-GED and GED classes for women. A federal grant program aimed at victims of domestic violence provides counseling and safe reentry plan development for incarcerated victims. A vocational education Culinary Arts Program prepares women for work in the food service industry. Programs and Services staff schedule and facilitate a variety of Programs such as: Parenting, Life Skills, HIV Prevention and Awareness, Anger Management, AA, NA, and faith based services.

Bristol County Sheriff's Office

July 30, 2019

I somehow missed this!

It appears MC is serving time in possibly even nicer quarters outside of Bristol County, which personnel will not identify. bbm

Jonathan Darling, a spokesman for Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson, said Tuesday that officials will not discuss the circumstances of the move, when it occurred or where Carter was transferred.

“She is still in the custody of the Bristol County sheriff’s office but is not currently at a correctional facility in Bristol County,” Darling said.

Jail officials mum on transfer of Plainville's Michelle Carter

Michelle Carter appears before state parole board

September 19, 2019

"Michelle Carter, who encouraged her suicidal boyfriend Conrad Roy III to take his life in a series of stunning texts, appeared before the state parole board Monday in a secret hearing closed to the press.

Carter’s first parole board hearing comes after serving about seven months of her 15-month sentence. She has been a “model inmate” at the women’s center at the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth, the sheriff’s office has told the Herald.

Carter, now 22, appeared at the hearing shortly after 10 a.m. She left in a Bristol County Sheriff’s van at about 11:30 following the hearing at the the parole board headquarters in Natick. A decision by the parole board is not immediately required.

Roy’s aunt and grandmother also attended the hearing and departed after the proceedings without talking to the press.
“I think she belongs in jail for a longer time than she even got,” said Conrad Roy Sr., Roy’s grandfather. “I still don’t have my grandson back, why should she be out, free to enjoy life, when my grandson doesn’t have a life to live?”

Even as she seeks parole, Carter is appealing her case — one that drew widespread national attention — to the U.S. Supreme Court. The justices have not yet signaled if they will hear the landmark texting case.

A spokesman for the state Executive Office of Public Safety said today’s hearing is closed to the public and the press. “Today’s parole hearing is not open to the public and filming is not allowed at the facility. Please do not interfere with transportation, entry, or egress in the area of the building,” wrote Jake Wark, EOPS spokesman...."

Michelle Carter appears before state parole board – Boston Herald

0920-NWS-BHR-L-michellecarterNC.jpg

(NATICK, MA: September 19, 2019: Michelle Carter heads into the parole board office of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Natick, Massachusetts. [Staff photo By Nicolaus Czarnecki/MediaNews Group/Boston Herald])

July 30, 2019

I somehow missed this!

It appears MC is serving time in possibly even nicer quarters outside of Bristol County, which personnel will not identify. bbm

Jonathan Darling, a spokesman for Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson, said Tuesday that officials will not discuss the circumstances of the move, when it occurred or where Carter was transferred.

“She is still in the custody of the Bristol County sheriff’s office but is not currently at a correctional facility in Bristol County,” Darling said.

Jail officials mum on transfer of Plainville's Michelle Carter

MC should not be serving her prison time in a life of luxury. She needs to suffer in prison. Conrad suffered a great deal as she was talking and texting him in the truck to commit suicide. This whole case makes me ill. I can't believe she is getting off with a slap on the wrist after the judge sentenced her to prison. jmo moo

Michelle Carter appears before state parole board

September 19, 2019

"Michelle Carter, who encouraged her suicidal boyfriend Conrad Roy III to take his life in a series of stunning texts, appeared before the state parole board Monday in a secret hearing closed to the press.

Carter’s first parole board hearing comes after serving about seven months of her 15-month sentence. She has been a “model inmate” at the women’s center at the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth, the sheriff’s office has told the Herald.

Carter, now 22, appeared at the hearing shortly after 10 a.m. She left in a Bristol County Sheriff’s van at about 11:30 following the hearing at the the parole board headquarters in Natick. A decision by the parole board is not immediately required.

Roy’s aunt and grandmother also attended the hearing and departed after the proceedings without talking to the press.
“I think she belongs in jail for a longer time than she even got,” said Conrad Roy Sr., Roy’s grandfather. “I still don’t have my grandson back, why should she be out, free to enjoy life, when my grandson doesn’t have a life to live?”

Even as she seeks parole, Carter is appealing her case — one that drew widespread national attention — to the U.S. Supreme Court. The justices have not yet signaled if they will hear the landmark texting case.

A spokesman for the state Executive Office of Public Safety said today’s hearing is closed to the public and the press. “Today’s parole hearing is not open to the public and filming is not allowed at the facility. Please do not interfere with transportation, entry, or egress in the area of the building,” wrote Jake Wark, EOPS spokesman...."

Michelle Carter appears before state parole board – Boston Herald

0920-NWS-BHR-L-michellecarterNC.jpg

(NATICK, MA: September 19, 2019: Michelle Carter heads into the parole board office of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Natick, Massachusetts. [Staff photo By Nicolaus Czarnecki/MediaNews Group/Boston Herald])

Her parole was denied.
Parole denied for Michelle Carter, who urged her boyfriend to take his own life

I'm struck by her appearance. She looks so much older in that shot going into the hearing.

"The [board] is troubled that Ms. Carter not only encouraged [Conrad Roy III] to take his own life, she actively prevented others from intervening in his suicide," the parole board wrote in its decision released Friday morning. "Ms. Carter's self-serving statements and behavior, leading up to and after his suicide, appear to be irrational and lacked sincerity."

The board added that Carter needs to address the "causative effects" that led to the offense.

"Release does not meet the legal standard," the board concluded.

Her lawyers response was they will probably not make another appeal to the PB given she's already earned enough credits for February release.

"The [board] is troubled that Ms. Carter not only encouraged [Conrad Roy III] to take his own life, she actively prevented others from intervening in his suicide," the parole board wrote in its decision released Friday morning. "Ms. Carter's self-serving statements and behavior, leading up to and after his suicide, appear to be irrational and lacked sincerity."

The board added that Carter needs to address the "causative effects" that led to the offense.

Her lawyers response was they will probably not make another appeal to the PB given she's already earned enough credits for February release.

I'm scared to see what she does in the world after release. She's a real sicko. I pray to God she has no children in the future. They would be at deep risk of harm IMO.

Michelle Carter: Woman who encouraged boyfriend to kill himself will leave jail early even after parole denied - CNN

(CNN)A woman serving a 15-month sentence for her part in her boyfriend's death by suicide will leave jail weeks early even after her bid for parole was denied this week by Massachusetts officials, according to a sheriff's spokesman and a state record.

Michelle Carter has earned "good time" that will move up her release to March 13 from May 5, Bristol County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jonathan Darling told CNN Friday in a statement. Inmates can earn as many as 10 days monthly for working at the jail and attending educational and other programs, he said.

Meantime, Carter's appeal Thursday to be released after serving about half her sentence was denied by a two-member state parole board, according to a record of the decision provided by the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security in Massachusetts.

Yippee!!!
And another article:
Michelle Carter, Jailed for Urging Boyfriend's Suicide, Is Denied Parole: She 'Lacked Sincerity'

Michelle Carter was jailed after being convicted of involuntary manslaughter in her boyfriend's death

By Greg Hanlon, Juliet Pennington and Jeff Truesdell
September 20, 2019 11:38 AM
Michelle Carter, who was jailed after encouraging her boyfriend to kill himself in a series of text and phone conversations, was denied parole after she asked for early release, PEOPLE confirms.
[...]
“The [board] is troubled that Ms. Carter not only encouraged [Conrad Roy III] to take his own life, she actively prevented others from intervening in his suicide,” the Massachusetts parole board wrote in its decision, which was obtained by PEOPLE. “Ms. Carter’s self-serving statements and behavior, leading up to and after his suicide, appear to be irrational and lacked sincerity.”

The decision added, “Ms. Carter needs to further address her causative factors that led to the governing offense.”
Michelle Carter, Jailed for Urging Boyfriend's Suicide, Is Denied Parole: She 'Lacked Sincerity'

Has anyone read if MC is taking or going to any kind of counseling or other classes to try and help her while in prison? We hear she is a model prisoner but that could mean she sits in her cell all day and does not do anything hence no problems. What is she doing to better herself?

I bet the board asked the same question.

Has anyone read if MC is taking or going to any kind of counseling or other classes to try and help her while in prison? We hear she is a model prisoner but that could mean she sits in her cell all day and does not do anything hence no problems. What is she doing to better herself?

I bet the board asked the same question.

What is she doing to better herself?

Beginning Feb 2019, MC sentence was being served at the Women’s Center of the Bristol County House Correction, in Dartmouth. It's a residential type facility, hosting a maximum of 106 women, and is actually better than some college dorm conditions.

Also, she's reportedly already shaved off more than 45 days of her 15 month sentence by working in the kitchen and attending classes.

Michelle Carter has earned "good time" that will move up her release to March 13 from May 5, Bristol County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jonathan Darling told CNN Friday in a statement. Inmates can earn as many as 10 days monthly for working at the jail and attending educational and other programs, he said.

Where is MC today?

It was reported in July that she was transferred from the Women's Center, and moved outside of Bristol County -- but officials would not identify the facility or location. For all we know, she's enjoying her days in a therapeutic, clinic environment where MC can do what she does best -- i.e., think only about Michelle.

Wherever she is -- I'm pleased that the parole board recognized she's not changed, and saw right through her:

the parole board wrote in its decision released Friday morning. "Ms. Carter's self-serving statements and behavior, leading up to and after his suicide, appear to be irrational and lacked sincerity."

I Love You, Now Die: The texts used as evidence against Michelle Carter

OCT 4, 2019

"Warning: This article contains distressing content relating to suicide.

Michelle Carter, focus of HBO's new true-crime documentary, I Love You, Now Die, is currently serving a 15-month prison sentence for involuntary manslaughter....

The following is a text exchange between Michelle and Conrad just a week before his suicide:..."

I Love You, Now Die: The text messages Michelle Carter sent

I Love You, Now Die: The texts used as evidence against Michelle Carter

OCT 4, 2019

"Warning: This article contains distressing content relating to suicide.

Michelle Carter, focus of HBO's new true-crime documentary, I Love You, Now Die, is currently serving a 15-month prison sentence for involuntary manslaughter....

The following is a text exchange between Michelle and Conrad just a week before his suicide:..."

I Love You, Now Die: The text messages Michelle Carter sent
I saw the HBO documentary and the defendant's behavior after CR's death was also very disturbing.

I agreed with Judge here -- CR was going to exit the vehicle and MC essentially commanded that he remain inside.

I saw the HBO documentary and the defendant's behavior after CR's death was also very disturbing.

I agreed with Judge here -- CR was going to exit the vehicle and MC essentially commanded that he remain inside.
bbm
Same here -- why didn't she get 15 years with no parole? Grrrrr.

Last edited:
I recall that part of her conditions of bail included a ban on social media. Rather than honor the conditions -- MC's mother took up posting/updating daughter's Instagram! Entire family living in denial before (MC's issues) and after CR's death. :eek:

Michelle Carter goes to Disney World and prom ahead of manslaughter trial | Daily Mail Online
Yes, I remember her bail conditions and SMH again.
Well, Miss Michelle has not yet finished her cup of Bad Karma... let's hope it follows her until she has had all of it. :mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024