GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugggghhhhh!! This is so frustrating! She needs to be locked up and understand that there are consequences for her actions!

What!! That's it?! She finishes summer free, continues educating herself, and can sell her story for a movie?

She cannot sell her story or profit in any way.

She looks happier :tantrum:

I don't think she's going to jail at all.

What a f'n joke! Another criminal becomes the victim!

She cannot sell her story or profit in any way.

Not so. The only conditions (per the Judge) are the same ones she had before today's sentence. And the sentence is on appeal, so none of those conditions (no profit, etc) apply at all. Isn't this true? The judge reiterated the only conditions to Cataldo.

this judge is looking at this as if she's a child. She's not a child...

True but the Youthful Offender guidelines require the she be treated as a "child in need of services" instead of a criminal. So it's all about rehabilitation and not punishment. However his sentence was explained as balance between the 2.

Delay the sentence till appeals are done because the chance of appeal may be likely. Only through the next phase...
Damn.

Not so. The only conditions (per the Judge) are the same ones she had before today's sentence. And the sentence is on appeal, so none of those conditions (no profit, etc) apply at all. Isn't this true? The judge reiterated the only conditions to Cataldo.

Nope. he quoted to the defense a case law that makes that mandatory.

I think you may be thinking of the "probation conditions"

I'm disgusted and sad for they roys. Conrads death was in vain. She goes home to live her life.

Nope. he quoted to the defense a case law that makes that mandatory.

Yes, I heard it too. But that was part of the sentencing. At the end, after the Judge agreed to the stay, he told Cataldo the only conditions that apply are the exact conditions prior to sentencing. Those conditions do not mention anything about profiting from her story. They include mostly passports, leaving the State, etc, but none of the detailed conditions in the sentence.

How can she get a brokers' license or real estate license? If you have a "record", I thought you couldn't sell homes and property? Is her record hidden because she was a "youthful offender"?

I'm disgusted with the stay. She should be required to do the measly 15 months. Hell will freeze over before MC and her family will ever acknowledge her responsibility.

Perhaps it's time to follow the civil case and hope for some justice there.

and yes, I noticed her snickering at the judge.

Disgusted

How can she get a brokers' license or real estate license? If you have a "record", I thought you couldn't sell homes and property? Is her record hidden because she was a "youthful offender"?

I can't see someone with her whiny needy personality having what it takes to retain clients and be successful in real estate. Who's going to want to deal with that everyday?

It will be appealed and she it OUT until in-state appeals are done.

Yeah, I don't understand that. Higher courts have already ruled that the First Amendment did not apply. So it seems to me that they are just trying to delay the sentence as long as possible. It's unfortunate that the judge went for it.

I feel like I just watched a very well rehearsed "play"...

What a blow for the Roy family. I feel particularly distraught for his Mom, since the judge cited her letter as a causal factor in his granting the stay. I bet that's not what she wanted. At all. In her shoes I would be horrified to think something I said, gave MC a stay!

I think the judge just wanted his dection backed up, and if it was reversed he wouldn't take the fall for sending MC to jail. I wish he had the backbone to risk it, but guess not.

She will never see a day in jail, and the Roy get to live with more uncertainty, and pain surrounding Conrad's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3