MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw. Can the mods add Michelle Carters name to the title so it shows up easier on google.

Especially since she is the culprit. Jmo.

Also because she may be pretty.

But in all honesty. Her bravado to help Conrad kill himself was pretty pathetic.

Especially after she tried to portray as a victim afterwards. Jmo

Btw. Can the mods add Michelle Carters name to the title so it shows up easier on google.

Especially since she is the culprit. Jmo.

Seems to me her name was there and later removed for some reason.

Judge: Mom’s domestic violence arrest relevant in suicide encouragement case

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2...arrest-relevant-in-suicide-encouragement-case
Conrads Parents fighting two years before in some way responsible for his death? Hmmm as we say in the UK - what a load of sh, it! Absolute, utter sh,it!

Would it affect him, yes almost certainly but the only thing that killed him that day was that twisted little madam telling him "get back in" ...

Seems to me her name was there and later removed for some reason.

Yes. The mods has changed the thread name 3 times or so.

Which makes it harder to find.

But anyways. Hopefully justice is served.

Conrads Parents fighting two years before in some way responsible for his death? Hmmm as we say in the UK - what a load of sh, it! Absolute, utter sh,it!

Would it affect him, yes almost certainly but the only thing that killed him that day was that twisted little madam telling him "get back in" ...

I totally agree. Parents fighting could have contributed to his depression but Michelle Carter is the one who pressured him to "get back in" that car. These are her own words to a friend and also the 100's of texts between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost my wife to suicide 4 months ago yesterday. I would have done ANYTHING it took, including bodily picking her up and dragging her to hospital if I had any clue what she was going to do. I can't imagine what possessed MC to claim that she loved Conrad and yet text and text and text him asking him when he was going to kill himself and why hadn't he done it yet, never mind telling him to get back in the effing truck!

If I had found out someone had been texting my wife telling her to jump before she did I would have to be held back. Conrad was vulnerable because of his mental state. She convinced him that his family would be ok with him gone. People who are that mentally ill can be made to believe anything. Had she not badgered and badgered him I don't think he would have gone through with it.

My feelings of fury at MC are simply indescribable. She could have got him help. Yet she was the one who was bringing up suicide and implying that he was stronger by killing himself rather than letting his family know. Rest in peace Conrad. Your time wasn't up young man, you should still have been here.

I lost my wife to suicide 4 months ago yesterday. I would have done ANYTHING it took, including bodily picking her up and dragging her to hospital if I had any clue what she was going to do. I can't imagine what possessed MC to claim that she loved Conrad and yet text and text and text him asking him when he was going to kill himself and why hadn't he done it yet, never mind telling him to get back in the effing truck!

If I had found out someone had been texting my wife telling her to jump before she did I would have to be held back. Conrad was vulnerable because of his mental state. She convinced him that his family would be ok with him gone. People who are that mentally ill can be made to believe anything. Had she not badgered and badgered him I don't think he would have gone through with it.

My feelings of fury at MC are simply indescribable. She could have got him help. Yet she was the one who was bringing up suicide and implying that he was stronger by killing himself rather than letting his family know. Rest in peace Conrad. Your time wasn't up young man, you should still have been here.
I am so sorry for your loss :(

You said the exact same as I felt first reading about this case ... what this girl did, goes completely against every normal feeling and emotion and instinct that I would have for a vulnerable stranger never mind someone that I knew and claimed to care about.

I struggle to understand how anyone can think she isn't responsible for his death.

I am very sorry!

So sorry for your loss my friend. And I agree with your comment 100%

Please accept my sincerest sympathy as I am truly sorry for your pain.
MC lived a couple of towns over from me and I know people that know "of" her. What this young woman has done there are just no words and many many in her town feel the same way. My feelings are she needs to held on attempted murder. Conrad really did not want to kill himself and if it was not for her prodding I honestly do not think he would have. ( Agree with you blefuscu). A promising young man gone who just needed some help. I believe I read her trial starts in December and can someone please enlighten me on what exactly she is being charged with??? I have been away from this for some time.

The more I think about MC's actions and the texts she sent him the angrier I get. I have been suicidal at times since my wife's death, and my friends have literally stopped me acting on thoughts with their texts. Who knows whether I would be here had just one encouraged me to end my life, never mind brought up my failure as a person by not killing myself as MC did. She may as well have bought the generator, drove him to the site, started it running and held the truck door locked to keep him in there.

It's obvious from his communications that he had reservations about ending his life but she just wouldn't let up. She convinced him that he needed to go through with it, and in his fragile mental state it would have been just as easy to convince him he was worthy of being alive. Damn her! DAMN HER!

The more I think about MC's actions and the texts she sent him the angrier I get. I have been suicidal at times since my wife's death, and my friends have literally stopped me acting on thoughts with their texts. Who knows whether I would be here had just one encouraged me to end my life, never mind brought up my failure as a person by not killing myself as MC did. She may as well have bought the generator, drove him to the site, started it running and held the truck door locked to keep him in there.

It's obvious from his communications that he had reservations about ending his life but she just wouldn't let up. She convinced him that he needed to go through with it, and in his fragile mental state it would have been just as easy to convince him he was worthy of being alive. Damn her! DAMN HER!

Plus MC held a baseball fundraiser for suicide awareness and comforted his family.

But MC lived towns away from Conrad. So she took it upon herself to act like he was a burden and needed to kill himself.

That selfish xyz.

Plus MC held a baseball fundraiser for suicide awareness and comforted his family.

But MC lived towns away from Conrad. So she took it upon herself to act like he was a burden and needed to kill himself.

That selfish xyz.

Yes they did live towns away from each other and I do not know how they hooked up. Does anyone?
I get a sick feeling thinking of Conrad in his terrible final moments, thinking of his family etc.
Also anything she both said and did after it happened was to cover her a$$. Another one that knew exactly what she was doing. TERRIBLE.

Yes they did live towns away from each other and I do not know how they hooked up. Does anyone?
I get a sick feeling thinking of Conrad in his terrible final moments, thinking of his family etc.
Also anything she both said and did after it happened was to cover her a$$. Another one that knew exactly what she was doing. TERRIBLE.

I can't check this thread regularly because it upsets me too much. I start thinking about him and have to force myself to stop. :(

What will be very upsetting is if she gets away with it.

This is sickening. I hope she gets the maximum allowed by law. What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I believe they met either in treatment or on vacation, but I don't have a link handy. Just going by memory.

I believe they met either in treatment or on vacation, but I don't have a link handy. Just going by memory.

"Roy and Carter had met years ago on vacation in Naples, Florida. As court documents show, they communicated and professed their love through a prolific stream of text messages, but rarely met in person. Roy's family told New York Magazine they only knew of a couple of meetings, and Joseph Cataldo, Carter's attorney, told MassLive last year that the relationship was almost entirely digital."

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/03/details_emerge_about_michelle.html

"Roy and Carter had met years ago on vacation in Naples, Florida. As court documents show, they communicated and professed their love through a prolific stream of text messages, but rarely met in person. Roy's family told New York Magazine they only knew of a couple of meetings, and Joseph Cataldo, Carter's attorney, told MassLive last year that the relationship was almost entirely digital."

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/03/details_emerge_about_michelle.html

Thank you. I did not know that. How unfortunate that they met in Florida on a vacation and both actually lived not that far from each other. I did not think Plainville plays any school sports with Mattapoisett because of area and that had entered my mind on how they might have met. But fate threw them together on a family vacation? Of course there is always online but I really did not know how they came together.
When I get some lengthy time I will read through this whole thread to get up to facts completely.

Please continue to surround yourself with family and friends. I'm sorry that you have been suffering the loss of your wife- do not suffer in silence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member