GUILTY MA - Darlene Haynes, 23, slain, fetus cut from womb, Worcester, 23 July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or someone had a lot of time for prep and/or clean up.
You know someone with access to the apartment.
Someone who would not be out of place there.
Someone who could take bags of trash to the dumpster and go unnoticed.
Someone who could not carry the body down by himself.

There is no way to preform an amateur C section in an apartment and not leave blood all over.

Someone who knew that she lived alone. Most of the old cases they either arranged to meet the mother somewhere else, or they took the mother elsewhere to remove the baby and kill her. This time they did it in the apartment- they knew she lived alone and didn't have much company IMO. They may also have known the other baby was scheduled to be with it's father on that night.

You are talking a woman. Cutting the mother open and removing the baby would mean blood. A mess. A woman is more likely to do it in the bathtub, even though it isn't her home. To make less of a mess.

Wrapping the body there are two theories. Either a type of remorse, to hide the crime or to dehumanize the remains. Probably a combination of both.

LE would have gone over that home looking for prints, for possible weapons and instuments that could have been used in the crime. But they won't show up in the media. That is the type of thing that LE usually won't discuss until they have a suspect or even until trial.

run of the mill i would agree with you but knowing that we ave a lazy pd and very lose lipped media leaks starving reporters and a crappy da i don't agree...
we recently got rid of a lot of cops and city trash bags are all identical and yellow... i tend to doubt we are going to have the money/manpower to pull this off... you have no clue how hard it would be to search a dump up here...
we have a lot of lakes and ponds in that area and i haven't heard or seen any searches... we've had homeless dead hookers hiding under cardboard in a busy area in a parking lot go unnoticed... i'm not feeling confident on them finding this baby

Someone who knew that she lived alone. Most of the old cases they either arranged to meet the mother somewhere else, or they took the mother elsewhere to remove the baby and kill her. This time they did it in the apartment- they knew she lived alone and didn't have much company IMO. They may also have known the other baby was scheduled to be with it's father on that night.

if true then why not wait until next week or a little closer to her due date for the safety of the baby... my gut is telling me that no one except the mother wanted this baby to be born

right by even still why leave her in the closet unless you are worried about someone else with access to the apartment coming in?... in worcester housing court is a b if this lannlord was in the process of evicting her as the articles say... and he is a low income landlord then he knows that you cannot enter an apartment unless it is an emergency (like leak/fire) and up here she actually could have won a case against him just for doing so... so my question is why would he risk that just over an odor... landlords like this are landlords for the money and only the money... doesn't make sense knowing the local customs/court system/ trends in the court system... and if her own family didn't report her missing wy would he go in out of concern... unless he hadn't seen her in a long time and thought she just abandoned the apartment... i just don't get it

What are the neighbors saying? Did they see or hear anything? Even loud music or loud TV? The landlord mentioned the walls were thin.

In most cases this has happened, the perp tried to remove the baby while the mother was still alive. Maybe injured but alive. So there may have been sounds of a struggle, screaming during the c-section. Sounds of a baby crying. Some perps will turn the TV or radio up to try to cover up the sounds.

I totally agree. It has to be someone she knows.

I wonder if it's someone who's familiar with her lifestyle and wanted to "give this baby a better life" type of thing (or at least that's the excuse/reason they'll give).

There was some talk of the landlord being a "slumlord", but there was a clip of the apartment on my Indiana news and the apartments look very nice.

if true then why not wait until next week or a little closer to her due date for the safety of the baby... my gut is telling me that no one except the mother wanted this baby to be born

It could have been as simple as when she was telling people her due date was or something else in her life. Like when she thought she could float a story of how she went to the hospital and had the baby. Or if her partner (spouse/BF) left her she may have felt the need to speed things up to get him back. I know it doesn't make sense. But neither does doing a c-section. I mean it would make more sense to wait until she had the baby, then kill the mom and take the baby. But these women don't do that.

Me too.
This does not seem like a woman stealing a baby scenario to me.
Too much clean up for one, they would have had a newborn to attend to.
No reports about a baby turning up anywhere.

This to me seems like someone who didn't want the baby to be born.
Didn't want a DNA test done- someone who is married, someone who would lose his job if found out?

Does anyone know if Rodriguez is the babys father?

If he is, I really think cops need to look into his soon to be new wife.

doesn't surprise me they aren't even good at putting these out for full born kids never mind possibly dying fetuses

To do an amber alert they need some type of info- about the baby or the suspect. Did the baby have dark hair or light? Boy or girl? How much did it weigh or how long was it? What did the suspect look like? Dark hair or light, color of eyes, type of vehicle, or anything.

If they just issued an amber alert for a baby that doesn't belong to the person they are with, they will be getting calls on couples and single parents with babies under the age of 1 year, and it is very likely that they would still miss the baby they are looking for. Because the person who took it will swear that it is their baby.

Me too.

Didn't want a DNA test done- someone who is married, someone who would lose his job if found out?

I wonder if they found the placenta?

There was some talk of the landlord being a "slumlord", but there was a clip of the apartment on my Indiana news and the apartments look very nice.

by slumlord i meant in that neighborhood you are definitely low income and if not you would never live there... ever .. period..
it is a multi family and by his own admission it was littered with trash

To do an amber alert they need some type of info- about the baby or the suspect. Did the baby have dark hair or light? Boy or girl? How much did it weigh or how long was it? What did the suspect look like? Dark hair or light, color of eyes, type of vehicle, or anything.

If they just issued an amber alert for a baby that doesn't belong to the person they are with, they will be getting calls on couples and single parents with babies under the age of 1 year, and it is very likely that they would still miss the baby they are looking for. Because the person who took it will swear that it is their baby.

I agree. In addition to this, if they put too many Amber Alerts out the fear is that people will start to tune them out, especially when people realize that they might not contain anything more than the name of the missing child. That is why there are criteria in place.

Does anyone know if Rodriguez is the babys father?

If he is, I really think cops need to look into his soon to be new wife.

going by comments on the t&g article one of the posters refer to her as being named meghan... not sure on the accuracy tho
but why be mad about a second kid if he already had one? unless they supposedly were not sleeping together at the time of conception... embarassment to new wife??? child support deduction to dad?

Me too.

It doesn't make sense I know. But in old cases, the perps have done this on fetuses as young as 7 months. Sometimes the babies died because they were too young. They might have lived with medical intervention, but because they weren't in the hospital, and the perp was afraid of going to a hospital, they died. Sometimes when they did end up in the hospital, the hospital staff recognized that the child should have been under medical intervention and when hospital staff interveiwed the alleged mother her story wouldn't fit the circumstances.

The perps aren't thinking of the babies. They are thinking only of their own wants and needs. They might say they love and want the baby, but really it is only that they need the baby to try to resolve a problem in their life. So they don't consider the babies wants and needs.

Why do it before the child's birth? I don't know. Psychologically maybe they think that if they participate in the child's birth, that they can become the child's "real" mother???

It doesn't make sense I know. But in old cases, the perps have done this on fetuses as young as 7 months. Sometimes the babies died because they were too young. They might have lived with medical intervention, but because they weren't in the hospital, and the perp was afraid of going to a hospital, they died. Sometimes when they did end up in the hospital, the hospital staff recognized that the child should have been under medical intervention and when hospital staff interveiwed the alleged mother her story wouldn't fit the circumstances.

The perps aren't thinking of the babies. They are thinking only of their own wants and needs. They might say they love and want the baby, but really it is only that they need the baby to try to resolve a problem in their life. So they don't consider the babies wants and needs.

Why do it before the child's birth? I don't know. Psychologically maybe they think that if they participate in the child's birth, that they can become the child's "real" mother???

i agree but i just don't think that is the case here...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21
Back