GUILTY MA - Darlene Haynes, 23, slain, fetus cut from womb, Worcester, 23 July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:woohoo: I'm so happy the baby was found!!! :woohoo:

Thanks goodness! :clap:

The baby, a girl, was being evaluated at the Plymouth, N.H., hospital where she was found and appeared to be in fair condition, police said.
Police said they were led to Corey because she told friends she had just had a baby, WCVB reported.

"Friends became concerned about how she got home so early after giving birth," Worcester police Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst said.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8207221&page=1

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Welcome home Sheila Marie

You've had a sad welcome to this world Sheila Marie. But I very much hope that things will start looking up for you now!

Thanks E-U-R for letting us know about the update so soon. The news that she had a male accomplice is strange. I am looking forward to hearing about the circumstances of the case.

The baby, a girl, was being evaluated at the Plymouth, N.H., hospital where she was found and appeared to be in fair condition, police said.
Police said they were led to Corey because she told friends she had just had a baby, WCVB reported.

"Friends became concerned about how she got home so early after giving birth," Worcester police Sgt. Kerry Hazelhurst said.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8207221&page=1

Wonderful to see the friends being observant and concerned to notify police!

Oh my stars! How do these women think they will get away with this?

Please, please, please let this precious little girl be okay!!!

"Thinking" isn't often their strong suit at the time.

From what I understand, a lot of the women who do this do so because they have had a miscarriage or false pregnancy that they did not inform their husband/bf about - they just "pretend" to still be pregnant (some even believe it to be so). Then 9 month mark hits and they panic, leading them to this. They think they'll get away with it because they told people they were pregnant all along. I don't have any idea what the real facts are in this case, but that's the general gist behind a lot of newborn/fetus snatchers.

At first glance, this seems to be the case here, since her friends were wondering not how the heck she ended up with a baby, but why she was released from hospital so soon.

From what I understand, a lot of the women who do this do so because they have had a miscarriage or false pregnancy that they did not inform their husband/bf about - they just "pretend" to still be pregnant (some even believe it to be so). Then 9 month mark hits and they panic, leading them to this. They think they'll get away with it because they told people they were pregnant all along. I don't have any idea what the real facts are in this case, but that's the general gist behind a lot of newborn/fetus snatchers.

At first glance, this seems to be the case here, since her friends were wondering not how the heck she ended up with a baby, but why she was released from hospital so soon.

Many times too the women are having trouble with their husbands or boyfriends and are fearing the hubbies/bfs are going to leave. They use the pregnancy to try to hold the men to keep them from leaving.

Many times too the women are having trouble with their husbands or boyfriends and are fearing the hubbies/bfs are going to leave. They use the pregnancy to try to hold the men to keep them from leaving.

HA - Sorry, Mys - I just remembered you said basically the same thing a few pages ago. There must be an echo in here!

That's what I get for having WS and the dissertation open at the same time. Fried braincells, anyone? :crazy:

I appreciate the explanation, but it still doesn't make any sense to me! Guess that's why the majority of women don't do this...

Thank God her friends were paying attention!!!

I appreciate the explanation, but it still doesn't make any sense to me! Guess that's why the majority of women don't do this...

Thank God her friends were paying attention!!!

As one of my criminology profs used to say, "Don't try to understand criminals *too* hard, or you might become one."

Not sure if anyone caught the TLC show this week "I'd Kill for a Baby". I don't agree with these shows -- just gives more ammunition to the psychos. Still mulling over the boyfriend - as this is usually a female crime. My only hope is there is a very slim chance he/she will get away with this. The baby is not far away -- guaranteed!

Best,

Mel

Oh thank the Good Lord:

The baby of a murdered pregnant Worcester, Mass., woman was found alive in a New Hampshire hospital tonight, ABC News affiliate WCVB in Boston reported.

HLN News is way behind - grrrr....

Why would this Julie person do such a thing! I'm anxious to hear how the baby got to the hospital. If Julie brought her there, or if it was after the arrest.

I can sleep tonight! Prayers to Darlene Haynes, and the sacrifice someone made her give. May Julie rot in hell.

If you look at the first myspace link that momtective posted the person says that their heroes are "All mothers that lose a child and recover". I wonder if she lost a child recently and possibly couldn't have any more?

http://www.myspace.com/junebaby1974

Right - that's the first thing I always think about these cases!! But then, someone who would do something like this is not mentally normal and probably doesn't in the same manner you or I would.

Glad the child is healthy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back