GUILTY MA - Darlene Haynes, 23, slain, fetus cut from womb, Worcester, 23 July 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard that the baby girl was found last night. I was relieved that she is alive and I hope she has someone to help her grow up happy and healthy.

Bless this sweet baby's heart. She and her siblings have been robbed of their Mother, and once this baby is old enough to comprehend fully what happened to her Mother it will be a bitter blow to her I"m sure.

God bless these children of Darlene. May the angels protect them. And may justice be swift for Darlene's murder.

Thank God the little girl was found safe. Given the mom's scattered family situation currently, I wonder if the baby will be given into foster care?

http://www.wmur.com/news/20220184/detail.html
~snipped~
"Police said Corey had reportedly gone to New Hampshire to relocate. A newspaper report said she arrived at a Plymouth homeless shelter Tuesday night. She told workers there that the girl was 6 days old and identified herself as the mother but had no information on the child, according to the New Hampshire Union Leader.

Corey was arrested Wednesday as she tried to leave the shelter with the infant after workers alerted police and a nurse began photographing the baby with her cell phone, the report said."

and

"Kinneen said, "The baby had a ribbon tied around the umbilical cord -- not your typical umbilical severing device, and with that it's pretty certain this is the baby from the murdered woman."
video at link as well -

Sheila Marie. What a beautiful name! I am so glad she was found.

Mods I used the search function and didn't find any threads or posts on this.

LINK

The baby of a murdered pregnant Worcester, Mass., woman was found alive in a New Hampshire hospital tonight, ABC News affiliate WCVB in Boston reported.

:clap::clap:

Thank God the little girl was found safe. Given the mom's scattered family situation currently, I wonder if the baby will be given into foster care?

I hate to say it, but it might be better if she were placed in a new family altogether as soon as possible, so she can have something of a normal life away from a drama of this magnitude. That way she can deal with her life story when she's old enough. I know that might not be a popular thing to say, but it's what I would want if I were unfortunate enough to have been born in this circumstance.

~snipped~
"Police said Corey had reportedly gone to New Hampshire to relocate. A newspaper report said she arrived at a Plymouth homeless shelter Tuesday night. She told workers there that the girl was 6 days old and identified herself as the mother but had no information on the child, according to the New Hampshire Union Leader.

Corey was arrested Wednesday as she tried to leave the shelter with the infant after workers alerted police and a nurse began photographing the baby with her cell phone, the report said."

and

"Kinneen said, "The baby had a ribbon tied around the umbilical cord -- not your typical umbilical severing device, and with that it's pretty certain this is the baby from the murdered woman."
video at link as well -

Thank God those workers alerted police. And also thank God that baby Shelia Marie was found safe. I can't believe it.

~snipped~

and

video at link as well -

Isn't that cute. She is hiding her face from the camera. LOL do you think she doesn't know that today or tomorrow her mugshot will be on front page?

The story said the baby was found alive in the hospital. How did the baby get to the hospital? I read the storys and not one of them tell how the baby got to the hospital. Was she taken to the hospital or dumped at the hospital? It sounds like some of the story is missing.

Police said that the second person with Corey, 27-year-old Alex Dion, was only questioned. The two appear to have lived in the same apartment building as the slain woman, public records show.

This is a good reason not to jump to conclusions. It seems the ex was the leading suspect and he wasn't involved at all as far as I know.

I'll look for a link and post it when I come across it. But an article stated today that neighbors heard yelling on the 23rd and also heard a man yell. It appears the man arrested may have been in on the murder as well.

ETA:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535540,00.html?test=latestnews

(snip)
A neighbor told the Herald that she heard Haynes crying out on July 23 during what may have been the deadly attack.
“I heard that girl screaming,” said Fran Oswell. “Mostly it was, ‘Leave me alone. Stop it.’ She was screaming in pain.” She said she also heard a man screaming.

I'll look for a link and post it when I come across it. But an article stated today that neighbors heard yelling on the 23rd and also heard a man yell. It appears the man arrested may have been in on the murder as well.

ETA:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535540,00.html?test=latestnews

(snip)
A neighbor told the Herald that she heard Haynes crying out on July 23 during what may have been the deadly attack.
“I heard that girl screaming,” said Fran Oswell. “Mostly it was, ‘Leave me alone. Stop it.’ She was screaming in pain.” She said she also heard a man screaming.

WTF!! She doesn't own a phone?!! :furious:

WTF!! She doesn't own a phone?!! :furious:

ITA about the phone. All it takes is dialing three little numbers. And why was the boyfriend released to a family member? Sounds like he wasn't charged with anything.

Good God - What is is with "unresponsive" (to use a kinder word than the one I REALLY want to use, which would give me a TO) neighbors???????

If I heard one of my neighbors SCREAM, especially an EIGHT MONTH PREGNANT woman, 911 couldn't be called fast enough - And I would foolishly be calling right from their front door.

Glad they found the little girl!

I hope the neighbor who heard the man screaming can identify who he is and what he was saying. I too am upset that her neighbors didn't know what to do when they heard her screams for help. What a heartbreaking story. If this suspect befriended the victim over the course of her pregnancy with the intent of murdering the victim to steal her child, that is premeditated murder. The accused's BF was living with her in the same apartment complex as the victim so I think he is an accomplice to a crime of premeditated murder. Hopefully the police are concerned with his whereabouts the night of the murder and are checking out his alibi. I can't see this guy not being a POI.

The man with her thought he was the baby's father. I don't understand these men who have a woman faking pregnancy and show up with a baby and they believe their story. That says a lot about their relationship and closeness. (and gullibility)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535863,00.html?test=latestnews

He says Corey told him she gave birth early on July 24.

Dion says he thought he had a "brand-new daughter" and was surprised when police with guns drawn surrounded the car that he, Corey and the baby were in outside a New Hampshire homeless shelter.

Dion was released after questioning. Corey, 35, remains jailed. Authorities are investigating the death of 23-year-old Darlene Haynes, whose mutilated body was found Monday in her apartment.
:waitasec:

I hope the neighbor who heard the man screaming can identify who he is and what he was saying. I too am upset that her neighbors didn't know what to do when they heard her screams for help. What a heartbreaking story. If this suspect befriended the victim over the course of her pregnancy with the intent of murdering the victim to steal her child, that is premeditated murder. The accused's BF was living with her in the same apartment complex as the victim so I think he is an accomplice to a crime of premeditated murder. Hopefully the police are concerned with his whereabouts the night of the murder and are checking out his alibi. I can't see this guy not being a POI.

If it wasn't Dion then who was it? Either Dion is an academy award deserving actor who's snowed the police or he wasn't involved. :waitasec:

If he wasn't involved then who might be? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back