GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DA slams 'inaccurate' statements in murders, says 'no evidence' suspect knew doctors

"There is no evidence whatsoever, at this stage, to conclude that this defendant had a personal relationship" with the slain doctors, the DA said.

He added there is no reason to explain the crime -- except to add murder "defies rational explanation."

Conley added it is "inaccurate" to say officers responding to the 11th-floor condo at the Dorchester Avenue complex were fired upon, as police first reported.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...lams_inaccurate_statements_in_murders_says_no

The media kept reporting that the three people knew each other. Based on nothing. There were insinuations about drugs and possible sexual involvement. Based on nothing. Nice... Not only were the victims brutally killed, their reputations were also attacked.
So sad for their friends,families and patients.

My thought is he didn't want them to go in there and find the dead bodies. Delaying the inevitable.

That could be very true. It just seems it would be a challenge for one person to tie two people up.

That could be very true. It just seems it would be a challenge for one person to tie two people up.

I don't understand why so many people (in this thread and the Libby and Abby thread) think it's so hard for one person to overpower two people. With a weapon involved, I think it would be quite easy. Especially if they thought they were only getting robbed and not being tied up to be murdered.

I found this in regards to tracking cell phone location in Massachusetts.
I am not sure how old this article is.
Question 2.
http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/state-911/e911/trng-and-progs/faq.html

This is all I could find on texting 911.
It is an older article from 2014.
According to this, you can not text 911 in Massachusetts as of that date.
If you click on the link at the bottom, there is a list of places where you can text 911.
https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2014/05/15/you-can-now-text-911-in-some-places

I don't understand why so many people (in this thread and the Libby and Abby thread) think it's so hard for one person to overpower two people. With a weapon involved, I think it would be quite easy. Especially if they thought they were only getting robbed and not being tied up to be murdered.
If you go back in History, Richard Speck tied up 8 nurses in Chicago by himself by telling them all he wanted to do was rob them.

It's just hard to visualize, but I'm sure not impossible. I guess if there was a concern of another involved a statement would have been made by authorities by now.

It's just hard to visualize, but I'm sure not impossible. I guess if there was a concern of another involved a statement would have been made by authorities by now.

As a wimp myself, it's easy for me to envision how someone could tie me and someone else up at gunpoint lol. If a gun, or even a knife, was being held on me, I would not try to attack....I'd tie my friend up if I was told to.

Why didn't the doctor text 911??

The police may have gotten there faster and they would still be alive.

Can one actually text 911? 911 system is not a cell phone based system, they are landlines as far as I can tell.

As someone who works in the medical field, this is really disheartening. It seems obvious this was likely some sort of retribution of sorts and being that one of them was a pain doctor that could very well mean this was an angry patient who was cut off from opiates or discharged from the practice etc.

It saddens me to think that myself, or a number of my colleagues could suffer the same fate by perhaps ticking off some unstable person who wants revenge.

If the primary factor in this was prescription narcotics, I won't be surprised. We're in the middle of an epidemic and it's only getting worse. Sometimes I think pain meds create more pain than they actually cure.

He may have put a gun to one of the doctors' ribs outside the condo and walked into the "secure" condos beside the doctor.

Well, exactly. The doctors could have been returning home from somewhere. Which could explain why keys were in the door.

As someone who works in the medical field, this is really disheartening. It seems obvious this was likely some sort of retribution of sorts and being that one of them was a pain doctor that could very well mean this was an angry patient who was cut off from opiates or discharged from the practice etc.

It saddens me to think that myself, or a number of my colleagues could suffer the same fate by perhaps ticking off some unstable person who wants revenge.

If the primary factor in this was prescription narcotics, I won't be surprised. We're in the middle of an epidemic and it's only getting worse. Sometimes I think pain meds create more pain than they actually cure.

According to the prosecutor, there is no evidence he actually knew the doctors. The suspect was just released from prison in April. Seems rather unlikely he could have been an angry patient cut from opiates or discharged from the practice.

So the word is, the judge gave the murderer a sentence for the robbery of 364 days in jail instead of 365+ because she knows a sentence of 1 year or more was automatic deportation. :mad:

This reads that Teixeira had in his procession the keys to the doctor's penthouse. This keeps getting 'stranger and stranger' if thats even possible.

The poor victims were obviously taken by surprise & defenseless is the only scenario that I can fathom.

:cow:

Unless I misunderstood, on the news tonight, an officer said that BT did not know the couple. But then, in this article, it was stated;
One reason police believe the suspect must have known the victims is the building’s security. A special access key is needed to get into the door and to use the elevator.

They showed the key type that would have been required. If the doctor's keys, were the kind they showed on t.v. tonight, I've used a key like that before. It was a "smart" key. So even if he were a security guard at that building prior to his arrest in 2016, there wouldn't be a code to punch in, of any kind, as they said that the key was needed to get into the building and onto the elevator. OP mentioned that he may have come up behind them, put a gun to their back, and walked right in with them. I think that's a possibility.

Smart keys are not easily duplicated and if lost can be turned off:
Consider:

• To copy a key, one needs to simply take the key to a local hardware store, or even to one of those increasingly common key-making kiosks that dot big box stores across the country.
  • To copy a smart credential, one needs a card reader, enough time with the card to scan all of its data, matching card stock and a card writer, far too much work for most nefarious characters.
In fact, most people don't possess the technological know-how to pull off duplicating a smart credential.

Smart keys can also be turned off with a few mouse clicks.
If a resident loses his or her key fob, for example, the property manager can simply look up the resident in the system, locate the fob associated with that resident's record and deactivate it — because of the "smart" capabilities, that lost credential has gone from a security vulnerability to an afterthought with just a few clicks of the mouse.

http://insights.identicard.com/blog...ng-access-multifamily-building-access-control

If that is true then it's really wrong. Why would the judge want that the suspect not be deported? Boggles the mind.

Well, exactly. The doctors could have been returning home from somewhere. Which could explain why keys were in the door.

I thought about that too. I'm wondering if given security cameras though how this would be the $64,000 question. I would believe they have likely ran a log of all secured swipes/key systems (if electronic) to pin point the time they last entered and the codes or swipes of anyone else that entered the building/penthouse level in the day before.

The official said one of the keys to the investigation is how the killer was able to get into the building given its security systems, which included a key system to get into the building and access the elevator.

"Right now, that's the $64,000 question" the official said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-may-have-known-couple-murder-charges-n756221

If the suspect worked in the complex before, then presumably he could know codes, etc.

According to the prosecutor, there is no evidence he actually knew the doctors.
Police certainly seem to think otherwise but it's certainly possible. This is a guy who just got out of jail for passing a bank teller a note and making off with cash.

So there definitely could be a robbery element to it, most doctors don't exactly hide their status - nice houses, fancy clothes, luxury cars (sometimes even adorned with vanity plates making it obvious they are Dr's)...Definitely a target for robbery. Though the big question is why didn't two presumably well off doctors just cough up some cash and appease the robber?

Police spoke of a "retribution" at the crime scene so this does have a distinct personal feel to it that makes me a little weary of it being *just* a robbery gone wrong though...

How'd this guy get caught for the bank robbery? Maybe these two recognized him from surveillance video and called in the tip?

Here's the latest report on this vicious, tragic crime. It includes a surveillance photo of Teixeira robbing the bank:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4484800/Suspect-killed-engaged-doctors-appear-judge.html

The article also contains some detailed information about the security firm that provided concierge service (i.e., the equivalent of security and customer service personnel) to the Macallen. Until February 18th of this year, a Boston concierge company named Palladion Services was providing concierge. After that, a new concierge/security firm, Highland Concierge -- which is possibly a split-off from Palladion -- took over.Highland Concierge.

http://www.palladionservices.com/boston-security-services-news/beacon-hill-times-security-service

http://www.highbridgeconcierge.com/who-we-are/

According to the Daily Mail article:

"Pappas also did not explain on Monday during Teixiera's arraignment how authorities believe Teixeira reached the upper levels of the luxury condo complex.

In order to get inside and to use the elevator, a special key is needed, according to CBS Boston.

Residents described to the Globe that the 24-hour security personnel stationed in the lobby were referred to as concierges and they control who could enter the complex.

On February 18, Palladion Services stopped providing security and concierge services for the building, a resident who wanted to remain anonymous told the Globe.

Highbridge Concierge is the new security company in charge of the building, and the company's founder, Patrick J. Knight, would not discuss security measures at the building."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187
Back