GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police certainly seem to think otherwise but it's certainly possible. This is a guy who just got out of jail for passing a bank teller a note and making off with cash.

So there definitely could be a robbery element to it, most doctors don't exactly hide their status - nice houses, fancy clothes, luxury cars (sometimes even adorned with vanity plates making it obvious they are Dr's)...Definitely a target for robbery. Though the big question is why didn't two presumably well off doctors just cough up some cash and appease the robber?

Police spoke of a "retribution" at the crime scene so this does have a distinct personal feel to it that makes me a little weary of it being *just* a robbery gone wrong though...

I agree and finding out that he worked there he could have gotten obsessed with her.

Watching them come in and out, have money, love etc etc

Maybe they were demeaning a bit etc

bit it feels targeted

Prosecutors have said that robbery may have been Teixeira's motive.

"Prosecutors indicated robbery may be the motive, according to WBZ. However, prosecutors did not specifically use that word during a bizarre court hearing May 8, in which the suspect was arraigned in a hospital bed and never opened his eyes. They did say, though, that he was dressed in black clothes and gloves, and they found a bag of jewelry in the condo that contained what they believe was Bolanos’ jewelry."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/bampu...-facebook-lina-bolanos-richard-field-southie/

" Dressed in black clothes and gloves"... he went over there to rob them. If it's true that the keys were in the door, they probably walked in on him.

I agree and finding out that he worked there he could have gotten obsessed with her.

bit it feels targeted

Targeted only because they lived in the penthouse, I would guess. jmo

As a wimp myself, it's easy for me to envision how someone could tie me and someone else up at gunpoint lol. If a gun, or even a knife, was being held on me, I would not try to attack....I'd tie my friend up if I was told to.

I don't call that a wimp I call that the BeeGees |Stayin Alive\

Clearing my throat now ....

Conley added it is "inaccurate" to say officers responding to the 11th-floor condo at the Dorchester Avenue complex were fired upon, as police first reported.Conley added it is "inaccurate" to say officers responding to the 11th-floor condo at the Dorchester Avenue complex were fired upon, as police first reported.

something is amiss here - officers being shot at is not a detail one can mistake -- motive yes entry yes

were my cops shot at , were their bullets all over the place

how do we get confused about if the cops were shot at?

thats really weird imo

I thought about that too. I'm wondering if given security cameras though how this would be the $64,000 question. I would believe they have likely ran a log of all secured swipes/key systems (if electronic) to pin point the time they last entered and the codes or swipes of anyone else that entered the building/penthouse level in the day before.

The official said one of the keys to the investigation is how the killer was able to get into the building given its security systems, which included a key system to get into the building and access the elevator.

"Right now, that's the $64,000 question" the official said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-may-have-known-couple-murder-charges-n756221
F
rom link he was homeless

Clearing my throat now ....

Conley added it is "inaccurate" to say officers responding to the 11th-floor condo at the Dorchester Avenue complex were fired upon, as police first reported.Conley added it is "inaccurate" to say officers responding to the 11th-floor condo at the Dorchester Avenue complex were fired upon, as police first reported.

something is amiss here - officers being shot at is not a detail one can mistake -- motive yes entry yes

were my cops shot at , were their bullets all over the place

how do we get confused about if the cops were shot at?

thats really weird imo

It's just the usual shoddy reporting. Very early reports said that some officers were taken to a local hospital with non life threatening
injuries. Then I read later that some first responders at the scene were traumatized by the sheer brutality of these murders.

bit it feels targeted

The Macallen Building has over 140 residences. In the three short weeks that he worked there, it's probable that Teixeira never saw either doctor.

Unless I misunderstood, on the news tonight, an officer said that BT did not know the couple. But then, in this article, it was stated;

They showed the key type that would have been required. If the doctor's keys, were the kind they showed on t.v. tonight, I've used a key like that before. It was a "smart" key. So even if he were a security guard at that building prior to his arrest in 2016, there wouldn't be a code to punch in, of any kind, as they said that the key was needed to get into the building and onto the elevator. OP mentioned that he may have come up behind them, put a gun to their back, and walked right in with them. I think that's a possibility.

Smart keys are not easily duplicated and if lost can be turned off:
Consider:

• To copy a key, one needs to simply take the key to a local hardware store, or even to one of those increasingly common key-making kiosks that dot big box stores across the country.
  • To copy a smart credential, one needs a card reader, enough time with the card to scan all of its data, matching card stock and a card writer, far too much work for most nefarious characters.
In fact, most people don't possess the technological know-how to pull off duplicating a smart credential.

Smart keys can also be turned off with a few mouse clicks.
If a resident loses his or her key fob, for example, the property manager can simply look up the resident in the system, locate the fob associated with that resident's record and deactivate it — because of the "smart" capabilities, that lost credential has gone from a security vulnerability to an afterthought with just a few clicks of the mouse.

http://insights.identicard.com/blog...ng-access-multifamily-building-access-control

Ok going off !

Lets say ........

He worked there. So he could have learned ways to move around the entire building.

But getting into indiv units is a different task. The keys being in the hall outside the door

IMO mens :

- surprise attack

- gunpoint in an elevator

- OR (retribution ) they saw him recognized him , (people would gossip hey did you hear your concierge is in jail for robbing banks)

they recognized him and that scared him ?

In that case, there is no way that Teixeira could have retained copies of keys, passes, or knowledge of pass codes based on his previous work with security in the Macellan. That blows my original suspicion out of the water.

And, I don't see how Teixeira could gotten past the doorman/concierge person. So we know he didn't get into the building from the front door.

New theory: maybe Teixeira entered through the garage? Maybe he carjacked the victims, made them drive into the garage, and directly entered the elevator that way -- cowing them with his gun? Who knows.

One flaw that I noted at the place where I used this type of key, was that the door to the area where the elevators were located, to go up to the apartments, had a little delay to them. I thought at the time, if folks didn't know all of the people in the building, even with a security office right there, someone could slide right in with another resident, and never take their key out (or have a key for that matter). If this little delay existed there, he likely knew about it, if he had worked there. For someone who is bold, and had worked at the place, and the tenants had seen him around, what's to really make them fearful of him jumping onto the elevator with them? Well dressed, pleasant, etc...

They weren’t killed quickly. They were brutalized.

The prosecutor did not detail how the two were killed, but court documents on the two murder charges state that the suspect "assault and beat" the two doctors with intent to kill them and that "by such assault and beating" did take their lives.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boston-doctors-slay-suspect-may-have-known-couple-murder-charges-n756221

It’s very sad they didn’t have a weapon on them to stop this .

Get a concealed carry permit. Get a 9mm. Take a safety course. Practice. Learn to wear it ON you (not keep it in your purse).

This advice makes sense from gunslinging granny!

I am not implying anything but as going thro all your wonderful sleuthing at some level I am thinking there is an absurdity here at some level

shot fired no shots fired

keys in door

keys on floor \

dude at desk called

friend called

These are basic facts that should not have been murked up in the beginning motive hey were all here

but shots fired no shots fired how did LE get this simple stuff so mixed up you know if you were shot at or not

Interesting thought. Either way, Teixeira couldn't have walked his victim past the front desk. The building is known to have a 24/7 concierge, who probably doubles as a door man. Here's the building's website, listing amenities:

http://macallenbuildingdorchester.com/

This report states that the building had a front-desk attendant that very night:

[FONT="]"Pappas said police received a call Friday night at 8:38 p.m. from the building's front desk "describing a call they had received from a friend of one of the residents. This concerned friend provided that the resident, Richard Field, sent a text message requesting that police be notified, "that there was a serious situation and that there was a gunman in the apartment belonging to Richard Field.""

[/FONT]
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...or_double_murder_suspect_bound_doctors_killed

Help me here, please. Did the doctor's friend call police directly or did he just call the building's front desk?

Help me here, please. Did the doctor's friend call police directly or did he just call the building's front desk?

"Pappas said that Boston police received two 911 phone calls -- one from the front desk at the luxurious Macallen Building in South Boston where the couple lived to report that it had received a concerned call from a friend of Field, and the other call from the friend himself. "

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/08/us/boston-doctors-murdered/

It would be hard to imagine they had any sort of personal connection to this guy, easier to for me to believe affluent Dr's targeted for robbery, but the text the killer sent to his girlfriend suggests he wouldn't be needing money or drugs...
So that leaves revenge...but for what?

I think we need to stay hung up on (!) pictures being cut up!

IMO the motive is in there

Throw in the savage attack this was not IMO a robbery (plan might have been to rob and then murder and then leave ) but really how would you expect to get our of a highrise after slitting people's throats open

If there was like an alley backdoor well...

In a way |I also wonder if the poster who mentioned being held captive for some time before the final outcome might make some sense

Like perp wanted to vent, escalated to get from stealing jewelry to a savage murderer thats a pretty huge emotional swing

I would think one would have some sort of state of mind I am going to rob them or I am going to decapitate them -- two wildly different emotional states?

But dressed in black with a bag does seem like beginning was robbery

Maybe obsessed, that is why he picked their unit was just gonna rob them they came in and it set off his obsessive feelings or if delusional seeing them (not part of his plan- just rob and get out?) but seeing them together triggered him into a rage?

I think what is throwing us is the pictures and a robbery really far apart worlds in terms of behavior and end result

OR maybe he was high on Flakka or something ????

For some reason, can't quite shake delusions tho either dont know why tho

BBM

Women, and men, have failed to suspect numerous people who were "off the rails", much to their demise, b/c the assailant(s) are chameleons.
His ex-girlfriend describes him as:

Also, just about the description of every guy who goes nuts and kills folks. He was a nice man, quiet, kept to himself... They don't look, nor act, like the monsters that they can become.

From Daily link earlier does look kinda slick !
40181E8600000578-0-image-a-6_1494249089335.jpg

[For] someone to come here, go up to the 11th floor, to the penthouse, we got to believe that somehow there was some type of knowledge of each other,” Boston Police Commissioner William Evans told reporters, according to WCVB."
https://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...n-south-boston

I just got done watching a dude with gray hair saying adamantly that they did not know each other

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Police commissioner was speculating that the victims and suspect knew each other because suspect got into the building and to the 11th floor.
That seems to have been a baseless speculation, because DA is saying there is no evidence that suspect and victims knew each other.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam1420
Back