GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nobody said victim was texting in his "final moments." Victim could have send a text for help before he got tied up. From what has been reported, victims throats were slit. So they were obviously dead before police arrived.

The doctors bought their condo in 2013. Teixeira worked there for three weeks sometime between October 2015 and April 2016. At that point in time, he may have possessed a master key to the doctors' condo.

That's what media is reporting. See my links (in prior posts) for the specifics.

If he possessed it at that point, perhaps he kept it.

Concerning how Teixeira got into the building and the penthouse -- the so-called $64,000 question -- this info was recently reported by NBC.

But the resident said the new security company never changed the keys or fobs, and kept some of Palladion’s security personnel on staff inside the two buildings."

http://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...ctors-Were-Loving-Vital-People-421731163.html

If the new company didn't change keys it could easily explain how the suspect was able to get into penthouse.

If LE had info that suspect was armed shooting in the leg would not have stopped him from firing on LE. Jmo

I really don't think they were specifically trying to shoot him in the leg.

New article explains why he served less than a year and avoided being deported. It was a plea deal.

"Suffolk prosecutors went along with a plea deal that allowed the man accused of murdering two doctors in their Southie penthouse to keep his green card and avoid deportation — even though he admitted to robbing a bank twice."

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...ayings_avoided_deportation_with_plea_deal_for

When the police entered the apartment, it was completely dark. They saw Teixeira inside, and already had info to the effect that he was armed. I could easily imagine a scenario in which Teixeira disobeyed the cops' order to freeze. At that point, it's perfectly justified, I think, for the police to have shot Teixeira in the leg, just to incapacitate him. In that split second, the other police possibly perceived the first shot as an indication that Teixeira must have been armed, and that's why they opened fire.

Again, in my view -- given the circumstances -- the cops showed good judgment in choosing to shoot. Keep in mind that Teixeira may have been both homicidal and suicidal, and desirous of getting himself shot down if he couldn't make a clean escape. He could very have lunged at the police, for all we know. And Teixeira was subsequently found in possession of deadly weapons (which he had used to butcher two people at the scene).

That the apartment was completely dark is a key factor here.

Police do not shoot to incapacitate. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does it say about me that I just assumed this was the case from the beginning?? :panic:

From the very beginning they describe bloody throat slashing, blood on the walls, and a message of retribution written on the walls. What it says about you is that you have decent common sense imo.

From the very beginning they describe bloody throat slashing, blood in the walls, and a message of retribution written on the walls. What it says about you is that you have decent common sense imo.

I thought I read that the message was written in blood. I guess because of the above. It made me think of the Manson family murders. I just assumed.

Here's info from a Boston Globe article describing the Macallen Building. Could this mean that it's possible the killer accessed the building elevator from the gargage? Just speculation on my part.

"Property records show that on July 17, 2013, Field paid $1.945 million for the penthouse on the 14th floor of the Macallen Building. The 2,025 square-foot unit has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a luxury kitchen, a 176 square-foot roof deck, and two parking spaces, according to city records. The building has three levels of parking and 11 residential floors.

"Current and former residents described tight security that was staffed 24 hours a day. The complex did not have doormen but employed a concierge service that had employees in the lobby who controlled access to the buildings. Residents could also enter the building through a secure parking garage."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ique-design/J43QnuY3srPTTFGUMEscsM/story.html

Looks like Teixeira was already in his 20s when he came to the USA. Masslive just posted this info:

"According to The Boston Globe, an aunt raised Teixeira near there on the island nation of Cape Verde before moving with him to the Boston area around the late 2000s.

Teixeira obtained a green card in 2010."

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2017/05/suspect_in_slaying_of_boston_d.html

This makes me wonder, did Teixeira have any kind of criminal run-ins with authorities back in Cape Verde? I wonder what his activities were there. Clearly that's where his formative experiences occurred.

If the new company didn't change keys it could easily explain how the suspect was able to get into penthouse.

Only if he went through the parking garage. The lobby was evidently staffed 24 hours a day. Though it is feasible that a current employee would allow a former employee to enter, an employee belonging to a more professional company would not permit this.

I smell a lawsuit from the family against the security / building management company.

According to this report, there is a service elevator in the building. Possibly it's accessible from the garage or the outside? Maybe someone with a master key could have entered the service elevator directly, bypassing security? The following is from today's cbslocal report:

"BOSTON (CBS) – For the first time since the murder of two doctors in their home, a couple hundred residents of a South Boston condo building came together for a private meeting. They talked about how to cope with the tragedy and security.

The building’s board organized the meeting. Police and representatives from the building’s relatively new security company were also on hand.

“There were questions about security. If security was really the problem,” said Lopez.

Already some security changes have been made such as security officers hours have been extended, outside workers must show photo I.D. and service elevators will be locked."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/10/south-boston-murders-condo-building-safety-changes/

The wording of this report suggests that, until now, service elevators haven't been locked. That's my reading at least.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372
Back