MA - Four children found hidden in apartment with alcohol, drugs, sex toys & corpse - Boston - June 21 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My 21 year old nephew recently died of a fentanyl overdosein March. His death was immediately the subject of a death investigation because he was young, healthy, and there was no physical sign of violence. The investigation into his death is still ongoing.

It is SOP when a death happens to someone who appears otherwise young, able and healthy. MOO and IME

My 21 year old nephew recently died of a fentanyl overdosein March. His death was immediately the subject of a death investigation because he was young, healthy, and there was no physical sign of violence. The investigation into his death is still ongoing.

It is SOP when a death happens to someone who appears otherwise young, able and healthy. MOO and IME
I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss.
Two of my daughters had sister-in-laws that also both passed the same way.
It's a horrific thing.

I'm sorry for your loss.

A (non) update regarding the investigation into the death and removal of children from South Boston apartment.

A (non) update regarding the investigation into the death and removal of children from South Boston apartment.

Yeah, more or less a re-hashing of everything we already knew. BFD said one thing, BPD said another, a few city folks chimed in and added this & that, someone sadly died from an OD, and the kids were taken into custody.

The facts, and the truth, and the safety & wellbeing of those kids are all I care about with this case.
That shouldn't be too much to ask for but apparently these days it takes a "fact finding" investigation from the DA.

jmo

Good! The conflicting accounts should be criminally investigated.

JMO

Yeah, more or less a re-hashing of everything we already knew. BFD said one thing, BPD said another, a few city folks chimed in and added this & that, someone sadly died from an OD, and the kids were taken into custody.

The facts, and the truth, and the safety & wellbeing of those kids are all I care about with this case.
That shouldn't be too much to ask for but apparently these days it takes a "fact finding" investigation from the DA.

jmo
BBM - respectfully disagree that the safety and wellbeing of the children present requires a "fact finding" investigation to ensure.

The children were immediately removed and DCFS is not giving updates on their case as is policy because - minors. The children were safeguarded by their immediate removal so that DCFS could investigate the allegations and we can only assume that investigation within their department is being handled according to their policies.

The DA is investigating the death (OD) and the disagreement between what FD and PD reported. DA is not in any way investigating the allegations which prompted the removal of the children. two entirely different animals.

BBM - respectfully disagree that the safety and wellbeing of the children present requires a "fact finding" investigation to ensure.

The children were immediately removed and DCFS is not giving updates on their case as is policy because - minors. The children were safeguarded by their immediate removal so that DCFS could investigate the allegations and we can only assume that investigation within their department is being handled according to their policies.

The DA is investigating the death (OD) and the disagreement between what FD and PD reported. DA is not in any way investigating the allegations which prompted the removal of the children. two entirely different animals.
To clarify, I meant to say simply, that the facts and truth shouldn't require some sort of "fact finding inquiry".

jmo

To clarify, I meant to say simply, that the facts and truth shouldn't require some sort of "fact finding inquiry".

jmo
I think the deceased deserves a fact finding inquiry considering the two conflicting reports from the first responding agencies.

JMO

I think the deceased deserves a fact finding inquiry considering the two conflicting reports from the first responding agencies.

JMO
From the article posted upthread:

"We are conducting a standard death investigation of an apparent drug overdose, as well as a fact-finding inquiry into other issues present in this incident," James Borghesani, a spokesperson for the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, told NBC10 Boston in a statement Wednesday." DA now investigating South Boston apartment death, response

"We are conducting a standard death investigation of an apparent drug overdose, as well as a fact-finding inquiry into other issues present in this incident," James Borghesani, a spokesperson for the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, told NBC10 Boston in a statement Wednesday." DA now investigating South Boston apartment death, response
BBM. Yes, the other issues they are investigating are about the death and the RESPONSE by first responders.

JMO

From the article -

"I can only hope and trust that the mayor's office and all of these first responders are going to come together in an investigation to get the story straight," City Councilor Erin Murphy told NBC10 Boston after a meeting late last month.

Yeah, they sure need to get their stories straight. And publicly, with transparency.

BBM

From the article -

"I can only hope and trust that the mayor's office and all of these first responders are going to come together in an investigation to get the story straight," City Councilor Erin Murphy told NBC10 Boston after a meeting late last month.

Yeah, they sure need to get their stories straight. And publicly, with transparency.

BBM

Ironic coming from Murphy since she was one of the councilors who went straight to the Herald with the 'sex toys', 'drug paraphernalia' etc. story. *eye roll*

An accidental drug overdose killed the transgender person who died at a South Boston apartment complex where four children were removed in June, the state medical examiner’s office said.

The cause of death was determined to be “acute intoxication due to the combined effects of cocaine and methamphetamine,” a spokesperson for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner told the Herald on Monday.

A city death certificate identifies the victim as Giovanni Murray, a 26-year-old man described in a Boston Police Department report as a “male to female transgender” person.

The fire department reported at the time that the person had gone into cardiac arrest from an apparent drug overdose, a matter that police appeared to dispute in a statement it made days after the incident occurred.

The fire department reported at the time that the person had gone into cardiac arrest from an apparent drug overdose, a matter that police appeared to dispute in a statement it made days after the incident occurred.

“Information that drugs and other concerning materials were strewn about the home is not supported by what officers encountered or by the information received on scene,” the police department said at the time.

Toxic mix: South Boston death was caused by cocaine and meth, medical examiner’s office says

MOO this article is not accurate as to the BBM - Disputing that drugs, alcohol, sex toys were all around the apartment is not the same as disputing cause of death was an apparent drug overdose.

Please let's not use her deadname. Her name was Giovanna Tabatha Murray.

The video on the memorial page is lovely.
May her memory be a blessing.

Also, *censored* the Herald for continuing to deadname her and call her a man; not to mention reporting misinformation, as tlcya noted.

An accidental drug overdose killed the transgender person who died at a South Boston apartment complex where four children were removed in June, the state medical examiner’s office said.

The cause of death was determined to be “acute intoxication due to the combined effects of cocaine and methamphetamine,” a spokesperson for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner told the Herald on Monday.

A city death certificate identifies the victim as Giovanni Murray, a 26-year-old man described in a Boston Police Department report as a “male to female transgender” person.

What police disputed was that there were drugs and drug paraphernalia strewn about the apartment. It is unknown when and where the victim ingested the drugs, nor does it matter. Glad to see police investigation is continuing and hopefully, they will find the source of the illegal drugs.
RIP, Giovanni.

JMO

From your link:
“Information that drugs and other concerning materials were strewn about the home is not supported by what officers encountered or by the information received on scene,” the police department said at the time...

...City Councilor Michael Flaherty had said he was “informed by people at the scene that there were drugs, alcohol, sex toys all around the apartment as well as a dead body on the floor.”

Please let's not use her deadname. Her name was Giovanna Tabatha Murray.

The video on the memorial page is lovely.
May her memory be a blessing.

Also, *censored* the Herald for continuing to deadname her and call her a man; not to mention reporting misinformation, as tlcya noted.
Appreciate this. RIP Giovanna.
I hope the children found are in good care and that the sloppy discrepancies are cleared up ASAP.

“Information that drugs and other concerning materials were strewn about the home is not supported by what officers encountered or by the information received on scene,” the police department said at the time.

Toxic mix: South Boston death was caused by cocaine and meth, medical examiner’s office says

MOO this article is not accurate as to the BBM - Disputing that drugs, alcohol, sex toys were all around the apartment is not the same as disputing cause of death was an apparent drug overdose.

I was just going to post the same thing. The dispute wasn't about the cause of death (overdose) I think that was pretty evident. It was the difference between a statement of fact regarding the circumstances and environment the deceased was found in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back