MA - Four children found hidden in apartment with alcohol, drugs, sex toys & corpse - Boston - June 21 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'we were keeping them away from the body'... ' mother (?) of the children - OH WELL, then!!

That's okay, right?!?

...IMO, LE of all stripes treat the death of all people out of a certain expected age range as suspicious until proven otherwise: and that's why the kids were removed.

Nothing we've heard about this denies that fact (there's an unexpected non elderly corpse), OR screams 'good judgment' on the part of this household.
From what I understand, the deceased person in the apartment was a biological male, transgender woman, and not the mother of the children. Although that's a bit confusing too, since one woman interviewed stated her 2 children were taken, so I'm not sure who the other 2 children are, or who their parent(s) are, and if they were also there that day.

I only hope those kids are okay.

The involvement of a Congressmember in events that happen in his/her district isn't political, he/she is the district's representatives and the local district office would normally look into these issues on behalf of their constituents. Not sure why this is seen as political.
I wonder how many other apartments they have visited just to scope out the facts. I doubt many. IMO

From what I understand, the deceased person in the apartment was a biological male, transgender woman, and not the mother of the children. Although that's a bit confusing too, since one woman interviewed stated her 2 children were taken, so I'm not sure who the other 2 children are, or who their parent(s) are, and if they were also there that day.

I only hope those kids are okay.
Earlier articles said that the children had parents there. It's not like there was just a random collection of children.

The initial reporting on this case--the articles listed when this thread first began--used inflammatory language that perhaps made people jump to suspicions and/or conclusions that they wouldn't have had the words "sex toys," "drugs," and "trans" not been used.

Let's keep the word political out of this for the moment. Can we agree that the inclusion of those words may alert some people's biases and garner more attention?

MOO.

As a mom of a 4-year-old little boy, I would be horrified if I were to discover my child in the presence of any of the mentioned activities. But it has zero to do with biases and everything to do with my desire to keep my child safe and innocent from adult activities, period.
I could care less if it were men or women or men dressed as women, or whatever…I don’t want my kid around anything sexual. He’s 4! I don’t want him to even know what drugs are, let alone be subjected to watching adults partake. It’s not because I judge the adults, it’s because I want my kid to be a child.
The welfare of the kids should be of the utmost importance here. Clearly there were issues in the home if DCF took custody of the children and still had them in their custody weeks later.
DCF doesn’t remove kids from homes just because their parents or guardians may be living an alternate lifestyle. They remove kids whose safety and security are compromised. MOO

The initial reporting on this case--the articles listed when this thread first began--used inflammatory language that perhaps made people jump to suspicions and/or conclusions that they wouldn't have had the words "sex toys," "drugs," and "trans" not been used.

Let's keep the word political out of this for the moment. Can we agree that the inclusion of those words may alert some people's biases and garner more attention?

MOO.
I fully admit, what caught my attention in those first articles was the description of the scene (highly unsanitary), and what items were present. Booze, drugs & sex toys. If that is in fact what was there, it's not at all "inflammatory" language, it's just describing what was there. Completely inappropriate to have those kinds of things out and in the presence of children.

But the thing that caught my attention even more, was the description of the adults first denying kids were there, and then also hiding the kids in a back bedroom. As a mother & grandmother, every one of those things sent off red flags for me, and I'd hope they'd send off red flags for anyone that cares about children.

I'm still unclear on why the different departments said different things, and I'd still have reacted the exact same way if it were 3 hetero married couples, and every other detail was still the same. Still highly inappropriate to have children around that kind of very ADULT scene and still highly suspicious if the adults are lying about kids being there.

My only concern then and now, was the safety and well-being of the kids that were taken into state custody by DCF.

jmo

MOO.
ITA. The inflammatory language is unfortunate. That's why I'm glad the Congressman wants to get to the bottom of it.

JMO

As a mom of a 4-year-old little boy, I would be horrified if I were to discover my child in the presence of any of the mentioned activities. But it has zero to do with biases and everything to do with my desire to keep my child safe and innocent from adult activities, period.
I could care less if it were men or women or men dressed as women, or whatever…I don’t want my kid around anything sexual. He’s 4! I don’t want him to even know what drugs are, let alone be subjected to watching adults partake. It’s not because I judge the adults, it’s because I want my kid to be a child.
The welfare of the kids should be of the utmost importance here. Clearly there were issues in the home if DCF took custody of the children and still had them in their custody weeks later.
DCF doesn’t remove kids from homes just because their parents or guardians may be living an alternate lifestyle. They remove kids whose safety and security are compromised. MOO
BBM. In the most recent news articles, DCF has declined to comment about the children, citing state and federal privacy laws. Links posted upthread.

JMO

BBM. In the most recent news articles, DCF has declined to comment about the children, citing state and federal privacy laws. Links posted upthread.

JMO
I read that, however there was one previous update in which DCF confirmed that the children were still in custody. It’s upthread. Since that first update, they have cited privacy laws and released no further information.

Reactions: IDK
I am in no way saying that people aren't concerned about the children. Obviously, the children's welfare is center stage. I am saying that inflammatory language stoked interest in this case and how it was reported. MOO>

I am in no way saying that people aren't concerned about the children. Obviously, the children's welfare is center stage. I am saying that inflammatory language stoked interest in this case and how it was reported. MOO>
Good points! The children's welfare is all that matters at this point. It wasn't just inflammatory language because many of the headlines contained untrue information. It really is unfortunate when the news media decides click bait is more important than the actual facts. Bullies thrive on such rhetoric. I hope the children are safe and well.

JMO

Was it true?

I still wonder what the point was of reporting anything beyond adults for the descriptors.
I don't know how it normally works there but some random samplings of other reports would determine if this is in line with how other reports are done.

I had a police scanner years back and when first reponders were talking to cencom dispatch they'd often physically describe the victim by saying such things like "male, 45, bald, jogging shorts, barefoot, tattoos on arms" just for a real quick verbal observation of the patient, or even what the other witnesses or people on scene looked like or wearing or distinguishing things about them.

It might be a common thing to do there as well, and have absolutely nothing to do with anything other than it's the way they always do it. It didn't seem inappropriate or unusual to me because I'm used to hearing it like that.

jmo

Was it true?

I still wonder what the point was of reporting anything beyond adults for the descriptors.
I think it's being done by politicians for political reasons and that's why I'm glad Congressman Lynch intends to get to the bottom of the conflicting reports.

One thing that really stood out to me was the fact that DFS publicly said they had taken custody of 4 children and now they are saying state and federal privacy laws prevent further comment. If that is true now, why wasn't it true then? Very confusing.

JMO

It appears like some runaway imaginations to me (and I'm trying to be nice):

It appears like some runaway imaginations to me (and I'm trying to be nice):
And that should be that. BUT, sadly it won’t be. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members