MA - Four children found hidden in apartment with alcohol, drugs, sex toys & corpse - Boston - June 21 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is 100% my opinion, and nothing more.
No approved source for the statement, it's just what makes the most sense to me given all the MSM and LE information that has been released:

I think the BFD reported exactly, and factually what they saw when they arrived.
Without malice or any attempt to use any sort of inflammatory language.
I think they were making every effort to accurately, physically identify the adults present, as they appeared to them (the BFD).
I think some of those factual statements offended some folks.
I think that offense then became the focus of this story, instead of the children that were removed by DCF.

I think it's that simple.

jmo

No approved source for the statement, it's just what makes the most sense to me given all the MSM and LE information that has been released:

I think the BFD reported exactly, and factually what they saw when they arrived.
I think they were making every effort to accurately, physically identify the adults present, as they appeared to them (the BFD).
I think that offense then became the focus of this story, instead of the children that were removed by DCF.

jmo
The problem remains that the two reports are in direct conflict with one another. Both departments filed a report to DCF. Which one is DCF supposed to believe?

The mother told the news media the BFD is lying about the adults being uncooperative and hiding the children. The Police report also says it isn't true. The bottom line is that the City Council will do a full investigation.

JMO

Kiara said Friday that the children were being kept away from the dead body, as police had said in their statement a day earlier. She told NBC10 Boston she "absolutely" believes the Boston Fire Department was lying about the adults being uncooperative.

"Nobody was hiding the kids," she told NBC10 Boston. "We were trying to keep the kids away from the person who was dead on the floor. That's pretty traumatizing."

I don't understand your question.

By nature spinning a story is the opposite of using the facts.

JMO.
You're exactly right. And that's what we're all interested in. The facts. The only facts that have been reported formally were those from the BPD. The information from the BFD doesn't appear to be a formal statement from them. The only person who has spoken to the media from the FD, IIRC, is the union rep for the firemen who said they 'cannot or must not be questioned'. I call that YCA.

jmo

I'm trying to remember hearing any firemen where I live giving detailed information regarding clothing and wigs worn by individuals when responding to an emergency.

Last edited:
You're exactly right. And that's what we're all interested in. The facts. The only facts that have been reported formally were those from the BPD. The information from the BFD doesn't appear to be a formal statement from them. The only person who has spoken to the media from the FD, IIRC, is the union rep for the firemen who said they 'cannot or must not be questioned'. I call that YCA.
What is "YCA" ?

At this point I'm not going to disregard the incident report from the BFD without an official denial and explanation. JMO.

This is MOO.
DCF did not remove 4 ( or more ?) children from the apartment because 'someone' from the BFD stated there was a WIG, or because of any description of clothing. There had to have been concerning enough evidence for instant ( or within days ) removal of children. And highly probable, that evidence came from the children themselves.

Peace

jmo

Excellent post, thank you.

Four children were removed from this environment.

The safety & rights of those children is the central issue of this situation imho.

Baiting & name-calling & insinuation does not help those four children imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

BBM. @branmuffin: The City Council wants to officially examine the facts and that's a good thing! I always take public comments by government agency union reps with a grain of salt.

What really surprised me is that Boston's Fire Dept and Police Dept issued seriously conflicting reports about the same case. The dead victim, friends, family and children all seemed to be caught in the resulting political and media crossfire of ugly rhetoric and baseless accusations. Very unfortunate and I hope procedures are put in place to ensure it never happens again.

I'm also glad to see DCF is now refusing to release any more information going forward because of state and federal privacy laws.

JMO

From my link in #422:

NBC10 Boston reached out to DCF Wednesday to see if the kids were still in state custody, but was told, "due to state and federal privacy there is no further information."

The link you provided up thread shows an incident report that looks legitimate to me. It names the officer in charge of Ladder 18 but doesn't claim that he wrote the report.

Since BFD hasn't issued a statement about this case that would mean they haven't said that the incident report is inaccurate.

I have no idea how politics is involved in this incident report.

JMO.
Me either, but to me, it seems very apparent. I have a feeling if the FD had not even mentioned the word, trans, this case would have been front page news. JMO

jmo
Very well stated. IMO, that is exactly what happened.

The problem remains that the two reports are in direct conflict with one another. Both departments filed a report to DCF. Which one is DCF supposed to believe?

The mother told the news media the BFD is lying about the adults being uncooperative and hiding the children. The Police report also says it isn't true. The bottom line is that the City Council will do a full investigation.

JMO

Kiara said Friday that the children were being kept away from the dead body, as police had said in their statement a day earlier. She told NBC10 Boston she "absolutely" believes the Boston Fire Department was lying about the adults being uncooperative.

"Nobody was hiding the kids," she told NBC10 Boston. "We were trying to keep the kids away from the person who was dead on the floor. That's pretty traumatizing."
Personally? I do not believe that this woman was actually at the scene, I believe that she came in later and tried to manage the situation. JMO

Me either, but to me, it seems very apparent. I have a feeling if the FD had not even mentioned the word, trans, this case would have been front page news. JMO
Moo. Why would it be front page news? Heart attacks and/or Ods, rarely make the news. DCF/police does not publicize child removal unless charges are laid..aka starved, physically abused, unsafe home aka feces on floors, roaches n rats. Drugs yea..but no charges..sexual abuse..no charges...Why would it be front page news??...moo

Moo. Why would it be front page news? Heart attacks and/or Ods, rarely make the news. DCF/police does not publicize child removal unless charges are laid..aka starved, physically abused, unsafe home aka feces on floors, roaches n rats. Drugs yea..but no charges..sexual abuse..no charges...Why would it be front page news??...moo
Maybe I interpreted it incorrectly, but given the context of the exchange between lonetraveler and RANCH, I thought the post was meant to say that the story WOULDN'T have been front page news. *SHRUG* If that wasn't the intent, then I am confused, too.

Are you saying that because trans people were involved, the media buried it?!

It is so interesting how we can all see the same reporting and feel completely different about it. I feel like it got the attention it did because of the inclusion of trans people (gasp!) and added details such as the sex toys.

Hoping the best for the children and families involved.

Maybe I interpreted it incorrectly, but given the context of the exchange between lonetraveler and RANCH, I thought the post was meant to say that the story WOULDN'T have been front page news. *SHRUG* If that wasn't the intent, then I am confused, too.
Thank you for correcting me. You are right, I meant it would "not" be front page news.

Are you saying that because trans people were involved, the media buried it?!

It is so interesting how we can all see the same reporting and feel completely different about it. I feel like it got the attention it did because of the inclusion of trans people (gasp!) and added details such as the sex toys.

Hoping the best for the children and families involved.
Pardon me, I posted incorrectly.

Moo..you can voluntarily put your child/children in protective custody with DCF. I put my child in protective custody when he was 3. It allowed him to access therapy, spend weekends or a week with a traditional nuclear family, when he got older he also had access a big brother family. After 3 years DCF wanted to close file...I said no. So he got 3 more years in protective custody. My son lived with me but very open relationship with DCF. They could take him if I was not mentally stable, if he felt uncomfortable he could phone DCF they would come and get him, if I was feeling unstable they would come an get him.
I asked my mom why didn't you put us in foster care...because your mine and it would be embarrassing......I am just trying to say DCF can be there for you..in a good supportive way
The children in this story may have been voluntarily put in protective custody in till emotions and funeral are done. We do not know...moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back