MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My prayers join yours.

I still find this so hard to believe. I'm torn between not believing what he said because LE can't seem to find the physical evidence to back it up, and believing him because I can't imagine him making up such a vile, sickening story about his own child.

Wherever Giovanni is, I pray that God has His loving arms around him, and he is safe, happy, and loved. I also pray that somehow, Daisy can find the strength to go on every day and that the Lord holds her safely in His hand.

I know.

I finally got the nerve up to go to the website of Old Neighborhood Farms.....where Ernesto worked. There's pictures of various work areas....nearly made me vomit seeing a couple. I suppose it is possible that Ernesto went into work mode which affected available evidence re his claimed actions. Whatever, it is just sickening.

I add my prayers for Daisy and Giovanni to all of yours above and echo your sentiments Barb for Giovanni.

I'm still not believing this. Even with all the sanitary measures, I am sure LE can find something in the drain, etc. That's how they found the evidence in another case (I can't remember the name right now, sorry). There has to be some type of physical evidence that would corroborate the confession, especially with all the details :(

Holding out Hope,

Salem

I hope they don't find anything......so Holding out Hope can prevail in Daisey's mind....sometimes there really is no handling of the truth.

picture.php

Here's our boy..... :blowkiss:

..........Here's a song for you. It's about Cowboys & Jesus....

...whether they got to know him before or after this whole tragedy. It is so sad, but I also believe that Ernesto did do this. I also think that maybe he confessed because of his guilt. If his lawyer said, don't worry, they have no evidence against you. I'll have you out of here in no time!

Maybe he didn't want to get out. Maybe he does feel guilt for his actions. They need to find the duffle bag or go through the apt with a fine tooth comb.

I have tried to hold out hope, that he is alive, and doing well. BUT, if he was, why wouldn't Ernesto just tell where he is. Then, he would have been out already. He never even contested his $500,000 bail. His actions after the fact, his quiet deamenor in the chair, his never saying anything really. It seems to me, it is quite possible that he just snapped for some reason. I used to work with abusive families. Most people who hurt their children, don't want to hurt them. Most of them were also abused as children themselves. They say they will never lash out at their kids or hit them or hurt them in any way. So, they do nothing. When the child misbehaves, they do not disipline the child. But children do need limits, so the child misbehaves more. The parent still refuses to do anything. This pattern continues until the parent can't take the misbehavior any more, and they just SNAP--and lash out at the child. If they were in the kitchen and getting dinner ready. And Giovanni was tired and hungry, he could have been whining and complaining. I don't like that...I don't want to eat that...my mom doesn't make me eat such and such, until Ernesto was at the drawer with the knife and before he knew it, it just happened.

That is the way most abusers discribe the way an outburst happens. Then comes the EXTREME guilt, because they promised themselves that they would never harm their child, like they were abused. It is a sad, but vicious cycle. I have seen it again and again and again. I will say that most of the abuse is with a heavy hand or fist. Sometimes it is severe shaking, like you see with shaken baby syndrome. BUT, there are a lot of times that the parent just lashes out with whatever they have in their hand. A shovel, a knife, a bat, a plate...just to get the child to shut up.

Unless you break the pattern in a family, it is destined to continue down the ranks. SOOOOO SOOOO SAD.:(

They just don't have sad enough smilies, but I guess that is an oxymoron.

I especially say a prayer for Daisy tonight. That poor lost soul. I hope she takes comfort in her other child, and can forgive herself for dropping Giovanni off at Ernesto's housed. It wasn't her fault, but we are sometimes out hardest critics!

I think I'm just typing and typing, because I just don't want to believe it. I'm just too sad to really know what to say.

I think I'm just typing and typing, because I just don't want to believe it. I'm just too sad to really know what to say.
(snipped)

:hug: janiekay.

There aren't 100's of posters to honor our little fella....and it just doesn't seem right for his thread to disappear at this time. So type all you need to....this is where your emotions belong.

Maybe his confession is a lie and that is why police cannot corroborate it. Maybe he did kill his child but not in the fashion he described.Maybe he dismembered his baby in another location and is using this ploy to create reasonable doubt. No evidence for his confession.

But, I wouldn't stop looking because he gave enough info to indicate he does have involvement.

I think he is savvy enough to provide false info and use insanity as a defense. Or, an abusive past by his own family.

Never think that a personality disordered person won't lie or lie with intent to create their own safe haven.

Giovanni is more than likely deceased.

The cycle of abuse can stop but enter personality disordered people along with other medical/psychiatric problems and then it is out of control. People who enable the personality disordered don't make this any easier. Remember it is free choice with them but they act on their impulses anyway. Medical/psychiatric problems are different. Most crimes are personality disordered or punks who feel entitlement.

I don't know whether Ernesto is telling the truth, a partial truth, or nowhere near the truth. BUT, I do know that the police should continue their search for evidence. Again, go through the apt with a microscope! BUT, if Ernesto confesses officially, and turns in a guilty plea, then they just need to sentence him. I would hope they find some sort of proof for Daisy, one way or the other.

This case has had the same effect on me since I first read about it. It just makes me feel for Daisy, and other mothers going through this same thing. Sad that we can't seem to put a stop to this horrendous truth, that kids are not safe in their own homes. AND, if they are not safe in their own homes, where are they safe???

I also pray that however it happened, that it happened so quickly that Giovanni didn't have time to be scared. That thought makes me saddest of all. It is nice to have a place to talk to others who care...who take the time to know about cases like these. We need to remember these angels!

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:hugs and kisses to everyone (especially, you Capoly) who is/are/have been praying for Giovanni, and anyother children who are missing and feared dead. We need to get something done, I don't know what, to help children...so they are not in danger in their own homes, or foster homes, or in the playground...how can we get people to care more??? It baffles me...

Thank you, janiekay, :blowkiss:

:balloons: for your young one, concerned person~

Thinking of & praying for Giovanni & his Mama. Maybe send a :grouphug: too?

I add my prayers for Daisy and Giovanni to all of yours above and echo your sentiments Barb for Giovanni.

I'm still not believing this. Even with all the sanitary measures, I am sure LE can find something in the drain, etc. That's how they found the evidence in another case (I can't remember the name right now, sorry). There has to be some type of physical evidence that would corroborate the confession, especially with all the details :(

Holding out Hope,

Salem

I tend to agree. I wasn't able to read the confession, but something is disturbing me about the timing of his confession and causing Daisy more pain as the holidays approach. I know of a father who had done that ( not as heiniuos) in having a letter sent from his attorney waiving all parental rights just prior to this childs first Christmas.

My prayers are with Daisy, may she find the strength she needs during this time. And with Giovanni, whereever he is may he be safe, even in the arms of the Lord if the perp( can not use other words) is telling the truth.

(snipped)

:hug: janiekay.

There aren't 100's of posters to honor our little fella....and it just doesn't seem right for his thread to disappear at this time. So type all you need to....this is where your emotions belong.

I've been checking the Missing thread ever since Giovanni was listed as missing. I never gave up hope that he had been sent to live with other members of the dad's family (as a way to punish his mother).

As much as I wish his dad's confession wasn't true, I think it is. Such a beautiful child. My heart goes out to his mother.

I've been checking the Missing thread ever since Giovanni was listed as missing. I never gave up hope that he had been sent to live with other members of the dad's family (as a way to punish his mother).

As much as I wish his dad's confession wasn't true, I think it is. Such a beautiful child. My heart goes out to his mother.

It was an horrific confession and it did take a few days for me to get past it. But, as my husband said Thursday and I understand now, it was a confession by Ernesto for Ernesto. He killed Giovanni in anger, defiled him in fear, than defiled him again in guilt. The only consolation is in realizing that if the confession is true... Giovanni in death holds far more power over Ernesto's life...... than Ernesto held over Giovanni's death.

I thought that Giovanni was likely deceased long before his father's confession. That's how I felt Thursday morning before knowing of the confession....and it is how I feel today.

He is a beautiful boy.

It was an horrific confession and it did take a few days for me to get past it. But, as my husband said Thursday and I understand now, it was a confession by Ernesto for Ernesto. He killed Giovanni in anger, defiled him in fear, than defiled him again in guilt. The only consolation is in realizing that if the confession is true... Giovanni in death holds far more power over Ernesto's life...... than Ernesto held over Giovanni's death.

I thought that Giovanni was likely deceased long before his father's confession. That's how I felt Thursday morning before knowing of the confession....and it is how I feel today.

He is a beautiful boy.

That is what I hope the result is from anyone who has ever hurt another.

Again, I agree with you capoly, I felt that no news from the father in the beginning was NOT good news. He did not talk, because he did not want to tell the truth. I hope his guilt haunts him.

That every waking moment he is haunted by that beautiful smiling face...

That is what I hope the result is from anyone who has ever hurt another.

Again, I agree with you capoly, I felt that no news from the father in the beginning was NOT good news. He did not talk, because he did not want to tell the truth. I hope his guilt haunts him.

That every waking moment he is haunted by that beautiful smiling face...

I have this inner peaceful belief that came out of nowhere.

Giovanni is not in torment. Daisy's love for Giovanni will raise her above torment. She will not allow Ernesto to take Giovanni away from her again.

No matter how, what or why it is espressed......Ernesto's torment will only torment Ernesto.

A pair of :beats::beats: beats one :devil:

http://wbztv.com/search/Link.ashx?R=http://wbztv.com/local/Giovanni.Gonzalez.father.2.884535.html

Gonzalez Faces New Charges In Son's Disappearance
LYNN (WBZ) ― A Lynn man who confessed to killing his 5-year-old son has been indicted on charges of parental kidnapping and misleading police.

Ernesto Gonzalez will be arraigned on the new charges Thursday in Salem Superior Court.

Gonzalez told a Boston Globe reporter last month that he killed his son, Giovanni, but prosecutors say he has not been cooperative with them.

Giovanni disappeared in August while spending a weekend in his dad's custody, according to police. However, Gonzalez has denied ever having custody of Giovanni on the weekend the boy disappeared.

In a gruesome jailhouse confession last month, 36-year-old Gonzalez told a Globe reporter he became angry with Giovanni and stabbed him to death in the kitchen. He said he then dismembered the little boy's body in a bathtub, put the parts in plastic grocery bags and threw them in area trash bins.

Gonzalez has been held in jail on a child endangerment charge, which is expected to be dismissed after his arraignment Thursday.

If convicted, Gonzalez faces up to 10 years in federal prison for the misleading charge and up to one year for the kidnapping charge.

Police have questioned his confession, and say the search for Giovanni continues.

(© 2008 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

http://wbztv.com/local/Giovanni.Gonzalez.father.2.875500.html

Family, Police Question Dad's Chilling Confession
LYNN (WBZ) ― Lynn police and the family of 5-year-old Giovanni Gonzalez are questioning the chilling confession of the missing boy's father.

A massive search for Giovanni has been under way since August when he disappeared while in Ernesto Gonzalez's custody.

From behind bars Gonzalez admitted to the murder of his son during an interview with a Boston Globe reporter.

But police aren't ready to believe the so-called confession.

"He said it just happened in a moment, something that just happened," said Globe reporter Maria Saccetti. "He said Giovanni had been misbehaving that weekend, and Sunday morning Ernesto said he grabbed a knife and stabbed him to death in front of the refrigerator."

Giovanni has previously denied hurting the boy.

But now he's telling the Globe, "I know where he is. My son isn't alive. He's dead."

"He said he then put the little boy in front of the bathtub and cut up the body and put it in Stop and Shop-type grocery bags and put them in a duffel bag and got on his bicycle and brought him to three different locations," Saccetti said.

Gonzalez claims those trash bins were behind a church and two stores in Lynn.

Gonzalez's cousin told WBZ she doesn't believe the jail house confession. She said unless they see evidence otherwise, the family still has hope Giovanni is alive.

Investigators are also skeptical of Gonzalez's statement.

"We'll review that statement in an attempt to ascertain his truthfulness, and other than that this is an ongoing and intensive investigation," said Essex County District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett.

Gonzalez remains in jail on child endangerment charges on $500,000 bail.

Giovanni's mother, Daisy Colon, has made no comment thus far on the alleged confession.

Police have searched for Giovanni in Puerto Rico without success. They are also awaiting test results on the sink drains in Gonzalez's apartment.
(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

I am still so torn over this case, and what to believe. One minute, I believe the perp's confession, and the next, I just have this overwhelming feeling that he's lying through his teeth. I don't know, maybe that's just to make myself feel better. This is just all so sad, and so devastating to think about it.

But think about it we must...these things happen far too often. If we as a society don't begin to find solutions to the horrific epidemic of child abuse that is raging across our country right now, we are lost. Our future, our children, depend on it. They depend on us. What are we doing to correct it, to help those in the most desperate need?

I wish I had the answers, and I will continue to search for them.

God Bless Giovanni and Daisy.

Am way too emotionally involved....just seeing there were new posts sent heart flopping & tears flowing.

God, please be with Daisy....wrap her in your warmth...help her eat & sleep. And bless Giovanni always.

I am still so torn over this case, and what to believe. One minute, I believe the perp's confession, and the next, I just have this overwhelming feeling that he's lying through his teeth. I don't know, maybe that's just to make myself feel better. This is just all so sad, and so devastating to think about it.

But think about it we must...these things happen far too often. If we as a society don't begin to find solutions to the horrific epidemic of child abuse that is raging across our country right now, we are lost. Our future, our children, depend on it. They depend on us. What are we doing to correct it, to help those in the most desperate need?

I wish I had the answers, and I will continue to search for them.

God Bless Giovanni and Daisy.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss: Nice to see you back posting, Barb!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newsboynyc
Back