MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No offense to Lynn PD, but I hope they have the capacity to investigate this thoroughly. And the experience. I wonder if the FBI and the state police are helping them out?

Maybe we need to think about the community that Ernesto lived in-would anyone there be capable or willing to hide a child from LE and the child's biomom? If they did, would they spirit him off or would he still be there???

Cops searched Gonzalez' home after confession

Assistant District Attorney Jean Curran would not discuss the results at Gonzalez' arraignment in Salem Superior Court Thursday but a neighbor of the shaggy-bearded Gonzalez said police converged on his second-floor Brightwood Terrace apartment soon after his Nov. 26 claim that he killed and dismembered Giovanni Gonzalez.

"I heard a lot of banging and sawing. I assume they were in the bathroom. It was right after the confession. Cops were all hanging around outside. They had plastic bags around their feet," said Paula McKay.

http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2008/12/11/news/news02.txt

Am way too emotionally involved....just seeing there were new posts sent heart flopping & tears flowing.

God, please be with Daisy....wrap her in your warmth...help her eat & sleep. And bless Giovanni always.

I just don't know what to believe anymore. One minute I'm sure poor giovanni is dead, the next, I'm convinced he is will relatives. Especially since it seems that every day we learn of new family members in the area!!!

:hug:to capoly

:grouphug:to everyone

I'm waiting for the Jan. court appearance. They would have test results back by then and in the meantime, I'm praying that Giovanni is okay and that he will be back with his mom soon!

Salem

I just don't know what to believe anymore. One minute I'm sure poor giovanni is dead, the next, I'm convinced he is will relatives.
(snip)

Feeling the same. :hug:

believe09... Have to wonder re Lynn PD. Is it usual for no LE info to be available? Over-saturated with LE info on Anthony case and zilch with this one.

Salem... Would you know if his so-called confession to reporter can be used in court?

(snip)

Feeling the same. :hug:

believe09... Have to wonder re Lynn PD. Is it usual for no LE info to be available? Over-saturated with LE info on Anthony case and zilch with this one.

Salem... Would you know if his so-called confession to reporter can be used in court?

My bold and italics...we do not have the Sunshine Law in MA that allows for the same transparency as FL does. I don't mind the silence from LE as long as they are taking his claims seriously which I am sure they are....

Wow. I took a break from this case for a while, thinking that I would hear something if anything broke. Apparantly I was too optimistic. I should have known the lack of coverage and interest would continue for Giovanni. But that's not why I'm here. And thank you to those of you who are still following this and being here for Giovanni. :blowkiss:

I am with most of you on being torn over the confession. I am leaning toward it being true. Or at least...a portion of the truth. But maybe that's just me hoping that we may finally have an answer. That Giovanni's mom may finally know what happened to her son. Is there any way they could find out what dumpsters he says he went to, and check land fills? That would be tedious work I'm sure, going through all the plastic bags, and not even looking for a whole body but parts in three separate areas. I just hope they are able to find SOMETHING, somewhere, to either support or deny his claims.

Capoly - I'm not sure about his confession being used in court. If his attorney was not present when he confessed, the attorney can raise some legal issues. Also, a confession is NOT enough to convict someone. LE has to be able to substantiate some portion of the confession through evidence, physical or SOLID circumstantial. At this point I don't think LE has anything unless something comes back from the recent tests.

Idaho - From all the articles we have read regarding this case (I know there have not been many) it does appear as if Lynn PD is being very supportive of Daisy and that they are doing everything they can to find Giovanni. I'm willing to bet they have tried to check out the landfills, but I also think that this job would be doubley hard, because EG did not confess for a month or more.

But...... in the early articles, didn't we get some kind of indication that LE was checking the landfill? I can't quite remember and will have to go back and look. I know they did check bodies of water.

Prayers for Giovanni. Please Lord, send him home and please continue to give Daisy strength while she waits.

Amen,

Salem

I know that they checked dumpsters, but not sure about the landfill. I do know that they have put ALOT of time and money into this case. They have even gone to Puerto Rico to check and see if someone in EG's family has our Gio.

They have also recently done some searches in the area. I'm not sure if they are repeats of an area already searched or if they have tried new areas.

I do believe that EG gave specific locations where he dumped the bags. I'm sure that they went back to those dumpsters and also to the LF.

We need another Christmas miracle! Please God!!!

I so go back and forth on this one! It is such a horribly gruesome tale to come up with out of the imagination and something surely happened to that little boy. But there doesn't seem to be any real evidence in the case either. Just looking at him gives me the willies; looks like he would be capable of any form of evil!

Yes, it is! This little guy has stolen my heart and we hear next to nothing about him. One thing I have learned from Websleuths is that, if one of my family members came up missing, I would find a way to keep them in the news. Act like the Ant's if I had to!!:crazy:

I agree, this case has gotten little attention. It's a local story for me yet it is hardly ever on the news. Ocassionally, they mention the mom dropping him off and never seeing him again. Awful.

Giovanni info sought by Item

LYNN - A District Court judge will announce Wednesday if additional information in the search for missing Giovanni Gonzalez should be made public.

Judge Michael Lauranzano heard from lawyers for The Daily Item and The Boston Globe explain why Lauranzano's Dec. 4 order impounding, or sealing documents related to a Nov. 28 search conducted as part of the Gonzalez investigation should not remain hidden from public view.

"This case has been out in the public with the police and the boy's mother appealing to the press for help. I don't think anyone would deny this is public record," said Item attorney Peter J. Caruso.

Globe attorney Carol Head told Lauranzano "factors here weigh strongly against impoundment. Search warrant applications are presumptively public."

http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2009/01/13/news/news02.txt

A search on 'make some noise for Giovanni' brought it up. It's a child making noise. LOL

WE make some noise- Giovanni remix

I have to admit, I'd surely like to hear more. With the dad locked up already, I do wish they would give us more information. ARGH!!! I seriously hate that man; how is possible to be so cruel?!:furious:

The problem with media is they won't put anything on if there isn't anything new. This case reminds me of us battling with media in Amber Harris' case to keep it alive, it was NOT easy.

I really think every news station across the world needs an alotted time each week to for profiling of missing/UID in the areas. We have financial, weather, crimes, what about our MISSING????

Why not connect with the media in this area and see if they would be willing to run a special report?? They could do missing/UID/Most wanted blurb once a week or something? Just a thought. We'd be more than willing to provide the cases and info! All they have to do is report :D It doesn't hurt to try...it would be nice to come from a local.

But, we should also! I love the idea of a missing persons forum on every TV station across the US. Make it a condition of licensure. Maybe we can talk to Nancy Grace about promoting a new show.

Or maybe discovery!!! They did a whole web thing about Caylee!!! One of their reporters went to FL to help with the search.

SO, let's start making some noise people!!!

I know I'm going to sound like a stamping foot toddler here - which is okay as it's actually the case!- but Tony Padilla PROMISED that LP and he would come to MA to find Giovanni once Caylee was found.

It is time to find Giovanni!! Tony, YOU PROMISED! Leonard, there's a little boy who needs you to ride your van on into Massachusetts!

We need you to draw out people and bring this little guy home.
picture.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back